Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Spring has sprung, the grass has riz
    It's Spring (well it is here anyway)!

Do you have any plans to enjoy the nice weather this weekend? I'm going to try to convince hubby that it's not too soon to lug the patio furniture out of storage and onto the deck! He'll probably suggest that we'd better spend our time raking out the flower beds. Either way I hope to spend some time outdoors this weekend!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    No specific plans, but to my surprise, I looked out the window a few minutes ago and saw maple tree flowers (those not-flowery-looking-at-all things that put out tons of allergy-inducing pollen...enough to coat the cars!). So spring's darned close.

However, it always snows on blooming tulips at least once here. But they haven't even bloomed yet; in fact, they're still little spears of tightly rolled leaves, just coming up at this point. So I'm sure the weather has at least one more rotten trick up its sleeve.

We have had a couple of beautiful, balmy 80+ days during the last week, though.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Online Marketing Consultant
    This weekend starts the cherry blossoms festival here in DC. My mom and aunt are coming down as well. On Saturday there is a large kite festival at the Monuments as well. Which we will probably be going to as well. On Sunday our kickball leagues kick off LOL so spring is definitely here and long overdue! =0).

I'll snap a couple of shots of the cherry trees which have bloomed outside my apartment building after work today =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Cherry blossom festival sounds lovely. On my fiftieth birthday we planted a weeping Japanese cherry tree in the front yard. When we planted it the darn thing was a fabulously expensive STICK with a few leaves. It hasn't flowered yet. This will be its third year in residence and I'm expecting flowers, even if only a few.

Leader, we can't have tulips because the deer would eat them to the ground. We have a ton of daffodils though and they're a couple of inches high. Probably won't see flowers for another couple of weeks. Time to buy a new box of Preen and get busy before the weeds get a foothold.

The sap is flowing in the trees and I'm sure that on the other side of the mountains in Vermont they're sugaring up a storm. The birds are pairing off and the pine tree pollen is in full swing (and so are my seasonal allergies).

My definitive sign of spring however is when the peepers start chirping. All we need is a warmish, foggy night and the serenading will begin in earnest. The salamanders will come out of hibernation and the vernal pools will fill. Then the herons will show up looking for a snack. And that's my cue to get out the power washer and start cleaning algae off the deck and stone walls!

Busy, busy, busy! I can't wait!

ABW Ambassador
    I will be helping my mother get her raspberry patch (about 1 1/2 acres) in good order. She's been tending the same patch since she moved into her home 53 years ago.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Cherry blossom festival sounds lovely. On my xxxxx birthday we planted a weeping Japanese cherry tree in the front yard. When we planted it the darn thing was a fabulously expensive STICK with a few leaves. It hasn't flowered yet. This will be its third year in residence and I'm expecting flowers, even if only a few.

Only one?? Is it by chance lonely????

I am not sure if these trees need a mate or not.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    LOL, I thought I was the only one that considered hearing the peepers a sign of spring!
    Peepers have been going strong here for about 4 days, so hooray, it's here.

Yup, gonna work in gardens this weekend. Daylillies are sprouting and I saw a couple hosta spikes coming up yesterday.

Oh, and I need to de-shed my horse some more. Poor thing has been sweating like crazy during unusually warm days.

I'm so jealous you have a one of those cherry trees! I wanted one and hubby said no, he says it's one more thing he has to mow around!lol

Have a great weekend everyone
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Witzer, not to worry, it's self-pollinating.

rgrsgrl, my hubby won't let me have a goat or a miniature donkey so don't feel bad.

Aunt Lily, that task sounds dangerous. Are they thornless or do you have chainmail to wear?

ABW Ambassador
    Rhea, we never let the raspberry patch get to out of order so it's not that dangerous.

My husband wants a mule - so bad. But he travels so much, I would be the one to get stuck caring for it. He stays home - he can have a mule.

Our crocus have already bloomed and faded, tulips almost ready to pop, daffodils are blooming and the koi are active and feeding again, but...

It's FREAKIN' SNOWIN' this morning, big time blizzard right now! Guess I'll be cleaning out the garage instead of the gardens.
    ~Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by rgrsgrl
    LOL, I thought I was the only one that considered hearing the peepers a sign of spring!
    Peepers have been going strong here for about 4 days, so hooray, it's here.

Yup, gonna work in gardens this weekend. Daylillies are sprouting and I saw a couple hosta spikes coming up yesterday.

Oh, and I need to de-shed my horse some more. Poor thing has been sweating like crazy during unusually warm days.

I'm so jealous you have a one of those cherry trees! I wanted one and hubby said no, he says it's one more thing he has to mow around!lol

Have a great weekend everyone
    What's a peeper, asks this California girl. But at least my horse is almost finished shedding. He got a good start back in January.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    What's a peeper, asks this California girl. But at least my horse is almost finished shedding. He got a good start back in January.
    Nevermind, I just figured out peepers are little froggies.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

I'll be out having a bit of a run on the Rugby pitch. My first game of the season, and my only game before the team goes to our regional palyoffs in mid April. The weather looks just about PERFECT for it this weekend.

Cali girl here too! Guess I'm gonna have to Google peepers, frogs you say huh?

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

After a winter of daily runs in two layers of thermals and other assorted sweats, gloves, wool hats, etc...it's nice to get back to the ol' running shorts and short-sleeved tees!

Wifey and I were able to get in a nice lakeside picnic lunch earlier this week. Weather Guy says Saturday is supposed to be nice here in Jersey. Hopefully we can take a nice relaxing ride along the Hudson or Delaware. Just getting out of the house will be great.

Whatever you all decide to do to take advantage of the nice warm weather, hope you enjoy it!

John

Waiting for my magnolia tree to blossom, it is so pretty with all those pink flowers.
    Anxious to get the pool going for the season! Time for a pool party!

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I dont want to brag, but....I feel its always spring in Miami (with the exception of hurricane season) We're probably going to stay home this weekend and work around the house, it all depends on how much we can get accomplished... or I can go fishing with Andy....ummmmm..Yeah fishing for me!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Yeah Yeah....I'm gonna fish too!

Ohio department of NR has a contest every year called the Grand Slam. Gotta get a 21 inch large mouth, 22 inch sawgeye and a 34 inch muskie to get it. I can do it. I mean, almost every fish you get is practically a state record right? First catch this year was a 4lb channel cat and I almost had it mounted! LOL

Online Marketing Consultant
    here are a couple of the cherry trees =0)

Hrm really bad shot of them, they kind of look like moth balls, I'll get one up closer in the am if I can lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Spring finally arrived in upstate New York this weekend. The birds are making a racket out in the woods, I even heard a quail out there rustling around. No turkeys yet though. The peepers are chorusing us to sleep every night and the weather's been in the 70s with lots of sunshine.

Hubby and I raked out the flower beds, blew out the flower beds, and put Preen down on the flower beds (we have a lot of flower beds). Hubby restacked the leftover firewood and put down a pre-emergent on the lawn. We even hauled the grill and patio furniture out of the shed. Today I'm going to get out the power washer and blast the algae and moss off the stone wall in our back yard and our deck.

We're sore and tired but very happy! I think hubby was secretly happy to go back to work so he can have a rest.

What's going on at your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    No turkeys yet though.
    Turkeys are on parade in Ohio.

Did some weeding also yesterday, still deshedding the horse, and finally got the first bass of the season. A 1lb smallmouth and 3lb largemouth

Glad you mentioned powerwashing, I just found something new to add to the honeydo list.......lol

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Yesterday was the official first grass cutting/yard cleaning/weed trimming of the season. What a difference planting brightly colored flowers makes! Today is supposed to be 79 degrees, so it looks as though Spring is here to stay this time.

Funny thing about Maryland - we go from freezing to sweltering. There isn't any " in between."
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Stupid power washer is broken. I need to replace the gun which apparently is only warranteed for 90 days. Bleccch. I guess I'll find something else to do today since I can't power wash like I wanted to.

I forgot to mention that the garter snakes are out in full force and mating up a storm. It's funny to watch them chasing each other around. If you like snakes it's a good idea to live in a place where there are lots of small amphibians.

FYI, I saw the first Robin a couple of weekends ago...

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread