ABW Ambassador
    I think I found a good merchant and integrated shopping cart. Has anyone used or heard anything about www.netbilling.com I think I might use them. I can't believe it's taking me almost a week to find a good merchant. I have a whole interview sheet of questions to ask them.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    The pricing seems the best. Beating 2checkout.com.
    However, there is this extra fee I'm not sure about. Anyone else use them?

From their site...

How much does this great service cost?
    Netbilling is proud to offer the lowest transaction processing in the industry.
    We charge only 1.5% and 15ยข per transaction. There is a $25 per month gateway / maintenance fee for an unlimited number of sites under the same account.
    The setup fee includes basic setup time; integrating your server with ours.
    Netbilling also offers a flat rate pricing plan for merchants selling higher ticket items and offers
    volume discount pricing as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Any other comments or reviews. This is all new to me.

Affiliatemakeover - Thanks for taking a look. They charge $199 setup fee. I think the fee your referring to is $25 a month for the gateway but I could use them for all my different sites and only pay the $25 month. Whereas if I find a host that has a shopping cart/merchant account, I would have to pay the fee for each site. This way seems easier and more cost effective. I'm having trouble finding a reputable host that offers this combined service. I tried bizhosting but they are a part of freeservers and the customer service/support SUCKS out of this world - I have several sites with them.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

Netbilling is not a merchant account, they are a gateway which ties to your merchant account. Netbilling usually recommends Quad bank as a merchant bank. The shopping cart they throw in is useless, just my opinion. If you would like a real customer management cart system that works with almost all real time gateways click here. Warning, that is a referral link [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] . We use the system and I highly recommend it, if you prefer a nonreferral link then click here.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Jada,

Just a note. These guys look to be just a gateway, like iTransact and Authorize.net. It is not uncommon to see these types of companies offering the shopping cart now with their service. They are usually pretty minimal, but they could still very well meet your needs. You'll want to see a demo to make sure it will work for you.

You will still need to have your own merchant account. I see from their site where they will hook you up with people to make applications. So the fees you are seeing are not the only fees that will be incurred. The bank card fees are a whole lot more than the gateway fees. And they keep inching them up everytime. Some of the fees associated with a merchant account are: minimum monthly fee (get charged anyway if your sales don't yield the minimum in fees), discount rate (a % of your sales), transaction fee (per authorization issued including sales and credits), statement fee, another gateway fee, and possibility of additional fees if the transactions doesn't meet certain require. Since you are on the Internet and not seeing a physical credit card, your discount rates will be slightly higher than a brick and motar. Also if a customer contests a transactiona and it holds, you will also be assessed a chargeback fee in addition to the sale amount being removed from your account. Many merchant accounts also have set-up or application fees, but some don't.

I don't know anything personally about netbilling, but I can say I'm paying less for my gateway service that I'm using currently. I think it's something like $24.95/month and .12 per transaction. There is no % fee. Be sure to ask about the per transaction fee. Many gateways are a bit misleading about this. Many look at transaction this way: for one particular sale it's one transaction to get the authorization and AVS response and another when they send the transaction for settlement to the merchant bank. So if they are saying .15/trans it may really be .30/sale. And there will be another .25-.30/transaction by the merchant bank. Also I had this problem with 2 gateways. They systems were terrible I would go through periods where they would deny transactions for no apparent reason. Part of that is the AVS system (you want to make sure you have good control to set what you will and won't accept off the AVS response) but I was still being charged the per transaction fee plus not ever making the sale. Sometimes customer would attempt to place their order 6 or 7 times. There were days I would get 20 or more failed authorizations with fees associated and no sales. It stared adding up. I changed gateways. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope if haven't confused you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Just want you to have all the facts. Having your own merchant account is really only cost effective if you are doing a few thousand in sales a month. Get them to break it down for you, if they won't give you that info, then that tells you something about the company. I started out with a reseller company like 2checkout and they told me right away at what gross it would be more cost effective to have my own merchant account.

The multiple domain thing shouldn't be a problem with the merchant bank, but you need to make sure they know every domain you will be selling off of. If you add a domain let them know. If you don't and a customer files a chargeback, it can get your account yanked. They will want to know the types of products you will be selling. Certain industries have higher rates because they are considered higher risk for fraud.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread