Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    FACT: Someone I respect is presently unable to take part in ABW discussions.

FACT: Every time I prod you about it you mention additional instances of banning, but not the person who is presently blocked.

FACT: That makes me uneasy. REALLY uneasy. It makes me worry how many others are similarly blocked (by accident or whatever), and can't let anyone else know.

FACT: Being concerned to know who all you have banned does NOT constitute a witch hunt (and I say that with apologies to Ssanf).

FACT: It would go some way towards restoring my confidence that you were on top of things if you could find and identify the problem from YOUR end. If you can't, we need to know that.

Elisabeth,

FACT - I asked you to continue this in the Aff only but you continue to insinuate things in public? OK!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not insinuating anything, I'm stating flat out for the world to see that I think there's a problem here.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Elisabeth, you've spent the whole day baiting him, instead of asking him why so-and-so was banned. This coulda been resolved in 5 minutes, in a private forum.

Guess you just felt like giving the parasites a an early Xmas present, eh, something for them to laugh at.

You'd rather tear this place down and throw a hissy fit than actually solve whatever your problem is.

Somewhere, I am sure, the Gods of War are laughing.

LOL, Elisabeth having a hissy fit?

ROTFLMAO.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

ABW Ambassador
    I started out really, really polite here.

Yesterday, I pointed out that not all of the candidates were able to post, and expressed concern about what that meant for the integrity of our discussions. A couple of people echoed my concerns, but nothing was done about it.

Repeat: nothing was done about it.

If things can be solved in five minutes, why wasn't it?

The fundamental problem here is that we have no idea how many people are being blocked, and Haiko hasn't come clean about it.

Elisabeth,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The fundamental problem here is that we have no idea how many people are being blocked, and Haiko hasn't come clean about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not trying to be rude, butyou have resigned as a moderator, and Idid notknow I have to answer to you about how I run my board. Notwithstanding, I specifically stated on the aff only to name the names FOUR TIMES!

I even went so far as to post the site events.

You people really need to stop thinking I'm the wrong doer here!

An appology is expected.

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    No apology will be forthcoming in the foreseeable future. The person who was totally blocked was Cedric, and you don't even seem to realize that's what you did.

How many others are in a similar fix and can't let anyone know?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Idid notknow I have to answer to you about how I run my board. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> If you had answered to me and honored your own TOS about respecting the judgement of the moderators I might not have resigned. But most of the nasty stuff happened in private contexts so that's all I'll say about that.

ABW Ambassador
    As of last night, when I expected to be removed from the AffOnly board, I could not access ABW at all. I informed Haiko (via email) that I could not access ABW and received no response.

I did not try to access today until, via a private communication, I suspected thay my access had been reinstated.

I don't know how or why any of it happened. And I don't intend to write any more on the topic.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

I just saw your email, the uploaded image link I gave was NOT accessable because it was in the M-forum, not because you were banned!

I will continue this topic because I did nothing wrong and am sick and tired of being accused of it!

=============
    Elisabeth,

I asked you to put it in the aff only, and others repeated my plea for you to specify names and you didn't!

</font></p>

Oh, boy, here we go again.

Do the words I've stated here before, "Lead by example", sound at all familiar?

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing
    "Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

Elisabeth,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The person who was totally blocked was Cedric, and you don't even seem to realize that's what you did.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read my post ...

========
    Cedric,

Did you "try" go to anything other than that link I gave you, on ABW?

</font></p>

I can guarantee that what Cedric saw was

http://abw.infopop.cc/infopop/admin_...rity_error.gif

and not:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ABestWeb™ Membership Information
    Dear XXXXXX,

The site administrators have removed your access rights:

Reason!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you!

</font></p>

Ron because I want to do the right thing I have deleted my previous statement and will instead appologise for what I had said to and about you.

I did not intend to belittle you but I just felt as though you were not helping the situation.

Sorry

[This message was edited by Heyder on October 14, 2002 at 09:26 PM.]

Heyder,

Your calm, "polite" responses are inspirational to us all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry

I have no problem with Ron at all but I just don't see a reason for someone to make things worse than they need to be.

Why the affiliate only forum?

The topic of banning people certainly is of general interest. It deals with the general integrity of ABW. If there is nothing to hide, why should the facts not be made known to all? If there are problems, by all means, they should be fixed rather than be hidden where they can not have public scrutiny.

This is a good example of the way closed rooms can undermine general confidence. Things that must be said or done in secret are generally not worth doing nor saying.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Ssanf, as it turns out the member in question wasn't banned at all but everyone just assumed the worst.

ABW Ambassador
    Frankly everyone, this kind of stuff is what has undermined almost every ungated community or industry board in the history of the internet.

Not to be pessimistic however, but silly infighting has also underminded an incredibly large number of organizations. I just read today that the leaders of the old Black Panther Party are fighting with the leaders of the New Black Panther Party. Silly stuff really, but hardly something that only fits ABW.

What it does do on the other hand; it shows anyone and everyone who reads this board exactly how divided we are. It is an immediate indicator of the fact that we hardly keep our own house in order, so how are we ever going to show any kind of unity on November 7th.

In my humble opinion - we are not. We will show up there with divided opinions, not willing to listen to any divergent view, and will come back after this thing is over absolutely blasting the networks, the merchants, et al.

Hopefully, I am wrong.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Don that is exactly right.

I've received tons of negative feedback from other users lately for standing up against all of this. I've been called everything from blind to "scissorboy" (for cutting posts I guess) and no one seems to get it.

We need to stand together in order to make our efforts effective.

Everytime a jerk (no names)signs up and post remarks calling us (abw members) a bunch of 20 dollar a month affiliates it should be a reminder of how powerfull we are not when we do it alone. Only together do we have a voice and I'll take that voice with a little mud if I have to.

ABW Ambassador
    If you will recall Heyder, you were my only vote to attend on November 7th. That still stands, regardless of Ron's childish statements.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    &gt;&gt;Did you "try" go to anything other than that link I gave you, on ABW?&lt;&lt;

Yes, I did Haiko. You should be able to see that in your web access logs. You are right in that link you first posted is what I saw on the first thing I clicked. But after that, I could not get to the boards without running into error messages telling me I was not registered.

Whatever you choose to blame this on, I know that I could not access ABW last night. I know that you did not respond to my email stating that I had no access to ABW.

Those are the things I know.

If you want to say that it was all a mistake, that I was never banned, that is your perogative. Maybe it was. Maybe you flipped the wrong switch. Maybe the links you included in your email accidently hosed my access.

There's an entire world of "maybes" out there.

But what I know is that I lost access to all of ABW, not just AffOnly and not just the links you sent me.

And what I know is, I am done.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Cedric,
    I do not know what has transpired since obviously a lot of it happened behind closed doors, but I for one will miss your posts and inspirational words of wisdom.
    I have learned a lot from you and wish you the best in all your future endeavours.

Of all the things I've ever lost ... I miss my mind the most!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Cedric, all I would ask is that you persevere and stick around here. Everyone is all worked up and angry at eachother, asuming the worst when maybe it's not. You contribute a lot to these forums, serious topics with a dose of levity and even if you are mad, I'd ask that you just try to persevere, and help get this back on track.

Somewhere, I am sure, the Gods of War are laughing.

@ Cedric,

I wish you the best.
    but I think you don't need to go. just need to take a break out of here for a while.

We all getting too worked up on this problems.
    and the "bad guys" are responsible for this issues we are dealing with.

We all need to stick together, because even we all dissagree and having some
    hurt feeling to each other , I think we all have one thing in common and that
    is to get rid of this "SCUMS THIEVES"!

So I hope you stick around and even you leave. I know you still be helping
    to try to get rid of this BOZO'S .

Take some fresh air and then come back!

We all need to take a walk and get some fresh air.

Either way, Take care Cedric and I wish you the best. :-)

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast