ABW Ambassador
    MySpace Brings Phishing and Spam Suit against Sanford Wallace
    MySpace announced today that it filed suit against Sanford Wallace for violations of state and federal laws including the CAN-SPAM Act and California's anti-spam and anti-phishing statutes. The suit, filed in United States District Court in Los Angeles on Friday, seeks a permanent injunction barring Wallace and his affiliated companies from the MySpace site in addition to unspecified monetary damages.

MySpace alleges in the suit that beginning in October 2006 Wallace implemented a phishing scheme to falsely gain access to MySpace user profiles. Wallace created profiles, groups, and forums on MySpace to direct users through deceptive means to websites owned and/or operated by Wallace. Wallace also spammed thousands of users with unwanted advertisements that promoted his websites.

"Individuals who try to spam or phish our members are not welcome on MySpace," said Hemanshu Nigam, chief security officer for MySpace. "We will continue to aggressively protect our members through a combination of legal action, law enforcement pursuit, and technological enhancements."

15 years and counting
    "Sanford "Spamford" Wallace is a spammer who came to notoriety in 1997, promoting himself as the original Spam King." The other Spam King being Scott Richter, OptInBig, Media Breakaway, CPAEmpire...
    Sanford Wallace
    Scott Richter
    Once a spammer, always a spammer.

It's been a long, long time and it appears he is still up to exactly the same tricks. It is nice to see that I'm still featured in the Wikipedia article as one of his victims.

Lima OH
    Congratulations Mark on making the cut! (or should I be offering my condolences...) You provoked his wrath enough that he filed a lawsuit against you, that's impressive!
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread