There are affiliates that make a significant amount of money and then there are others who make 75 dollars a month.

The first may loose thousands of dollars to pilfers while the other only hundreds.

According to math it's an obvious answer but in reality since 75 dollars does represent the majority of all affiliates I wonder who is loosing more.

If I had to deal with my sales being stolen when I first started out I would probably have given up on affiliate marketing completely.

How many others are just giving up because they aren't making a dime for their own while media companies are just taking their pickings straight from their pages.

The affiliate community isn't just a bunch of 20k per month earners we are that plus all of the little guys.

Never a truer word spoken Heyder.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way

How many times have we all congratulate the person who is so excited because they finally reached their $25 minimum for a check? Could it be that if the playing field was fair and level they would have experienced that excitement one or two months sooner?

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Heyder wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How many others are just giving up because they aren't making a dime for their own while media companies are just taking their pickings straight from their pages.

The affiliate community isn't just a bunch of 20k per month earners we are that plus all of the little guys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BLFH wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How many times have we all congratulate the person who is so excited because they finally reached their $25 minimum for a check? Could it be that if the playing field was fair and level they would have experienced that excitement one or two months sooner?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THAT is what ABW is all about!

Sometimes it's frustrating to have to sort through all the crapola posts here, but the good things like the two examples mentioned above are what makes it worthwhile.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I'm afraid to ask, that Psaiko sure is scary, and I ahven't been here in a long while, but are there any other affiliate boards where you don't get yelled at or banned? I found this website looking for help, and now I have created a website and am ready to try to sell stuff.

@surfnstare

I would hang in here if I were you, there are others out there but I think this is the best one by far.
    Normaly anyone who asks for help is given it fairly quickly.

Post your question in the apropriate forum I am sure someone will help you.

You just picked a bad time to come back.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

It is to bad we can't do anything about it. I am just a little guy in the affiliate market that does not take it seriously. I do not take it serioulsy for the reasons delinated by heyder. I would not know where to begin to stop the theft. Better to take my few hundred a month and not worry about it.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> are there any other affiliate boards where you don't get yelled at or banned? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually ABW is about as good as it gets. You can find all the information you need here to get a good start in this business.

Additionally, there are many people who will bend over backwards to help you in any way they can. But, as with any group of people who spend a lot of time together there are bound to be riffs from time to time.

I think this is indeed like an extended community, a family if you will. And, as in the "real world" you cannot always choose who you are related to. Therefore, to benefit from this board, one must have a very high level of toleration of others differences. There will be some people you are drawn to and some you can barely stomach. Such is life.

We have been through these ups and downs many times yet keep coming back. One rarely walks out on their family for long without finding some excuse to make up.

So, if you are looking for all the goodies associated with free help, you must also accept the fact that the help comes from REAL people. And, these real people have all the foibles that humankind is subject to.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    I will agree with the above, both about the parasite issue and the community.

This community first alerted me to the problem of parasite ware, it gave me several solutions, and it continues to fight. I decided that I could not just rely on this board and ask others to do my work for me, so I have taken practical steps in an attempt to protect my investment.

The first thing I did was to buy a few HDD cradles so I could conveniently swap hard drives so as not to infest my working drive. I installed new operating systems on the second and third drives and use these drives to install all sorts of nasty things on, and use them to check what happens when someone visits my site, and if my site protects itself effectively.

I keep breaking them (again today), but I reinstall and start again. I don’t find much new stuff because I don’t browse the web that much, but if you keep an eye on the parasite section, anything new will be mentioned there.

I realize that for some the above is not possible due to lack of funds or technical knowledge, so I hope that in time I can feed back information that I learn and help others the same way that I that have been helped.

This is a good place to hang around, get information and chat if you feel like it. With any community, you contribute when you feel you can, and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions. Sometimes it can lead to some interesting, and some pointless disagreements.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread