Mortgage and Insurance Programs
    I recently started 2 sites for these markets which are now starting to get some nice traffic. Since I am pretty new at this I was wondering what is the amount of commission should I look for when searching for programs.

The insurance (health insurance) site is more mature and currently generates between 10-20 leads per day. I've seen programs ranging from $4-$8 per lead. Is this the average for the industry or maybe I am just not looking hard enough?

For the mortgage site I currently work with Lending Tree(CJ) which pays 55$ per refinance lead and lower amounts for other leads. This is the highest rate I could find.

I've seen many sites in these industries (lead generation sites) which typically use their own form from start to finish. I assume they have contacts directly with mortgage/insurance agents so they sell the leads to them directly. I also presume that having the entire form on your site is better for CR. What I don't understand is if that they are selling the same lead to multiple agents and thus make more per lead or if they are just getting higher rates per lead from whoever they are working with.

I know these sound like newbie questions but I am a newbie when it comes to these markets...

Generally, the more value you add, the more profit you get to keep. But the flip side is that it's more work then just linking to an affiliate program.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Hi krelian,

Your assessment of the $4-8 payouts is right on. We are on the higher end of that, with our higher tiers topping out at about $8.25.

I won't the board, but I would love to talk to you anytime about working together.

My contact information is in my signature
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Connecticut (I spelled it right this time)
    Quote Originally Posted by krelian
    I recently started 2 sites for these markets which are now starting to get some nice traffic. Since I am pretty new at this I was wondering what is the amount of commission should I look for when searching for programs.

The insurance (health insurance) site is more mature and currently generates between 10-20 leads per day. I've seen programs ranging from $4-$8 per lead. Is this the average for the industry or maybe I am just not looking hard enough?

For the mortgage site I currently work with Lending Tree(CJ) which pays 55$ per refinance lead and lower amounts for other leads. This is the highest rate I could find.

I've seen many sites in these industries (lead generation sites) which typically use their own form from start to finish. I assume they have contacts directly with mortgage/insurance agents so they sell the leads to them directly. I also presume that having the entire form on your site is better for CR. What I don't understand is if that they are selling the same lead to multiple agents and thus make more per lead or if they are just getting higher rates per lead from whoever they are working with.

I know these sound like newbie questions but I am a newbie when it comes to these markets...
    My affiliate network has 5 mortgage offers, 2 of which pay 15+ on a bi-monthly payment schedule if you can generate some good traffic. PM me for a link since I don't want to spam this thread with the network link. Looking foward for your PM

Junior Paca

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMike
    Generally, the more value you add, the more profit you get to keep. But the flip side is that it's more work then just linking to an affiliate program.
    Agreed. There are a lot of opportunities for lead gens beyond simply CPL payouts. However, like Dr. Mike here said, you kinda have to prove your traffic. The other thing you should keep a close eye on is reversals. The better qualified your traffic, the more likely your adverts will contact you to entice you to provide more.

It's an avalanche effect, really. You send good quality traffic, you get better incentives, which hopefully frees up some cashflow to send even better traffic, etc etc etc. Circle of life

Good luck!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread