Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LinkShare RSS System

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Cool LinkShare RSS System
    I got a very interesting mail from LinkShare today that announced the launch of pre-coded merchant RSS feeds.

Funny enough I've not seen anything in the merchant newsletters about this, might be I overlooked it, but certainly we'll be getting all the amwso merchants set up on this as fast as possible!

Looks like being a great way to deliver special offers , deals and the like.

Hmmm being this close to April 1 I sure hope this is not an April Fools joke !

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hmmm being this close to April 1 I sure hope this is not an April Fools joke !
    Hmmm so logging in to a couple of merchant accounts today I find nothing in the merchant interface to support the launch or management of a merchant RSS..... I've sent a mail to LS to find out if this system actually exists.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hi Chris,

This was launch on March 27th or at least I think I saw it on March 27. 1 merchant already have their RSS up but it needs work.

I am still trying to figure what I did wrong for my RSS code cos LS is not accepting it

p.s. I did ask if there is a manual / support doc but I was unable to get one or they did not have one

Great glad to hear it exists.... now to find where it is managed

In the merchant interface, there is a box and a link called "RSS Management" or something along that line.

I am trying to figure it out too and I am getting feedback from LS

Yea funny enough I checked when I got the email and there was nothing there, I emailed to ask where it was and then it was there... maybe I'm just going blind

However now I need to find out what xml compliance they are using because our present RSS was rejected... and the rejection message was less that useful.

Cheers

Chris

I just added my feed from an affiliate blog I run. That was easy....
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Hi Jason

What Blog software/system are you using ? That'll be a major help in working out what works

Cheers

Chris

This is just an affiliate blog for news that I set up at wordpress.com

As far as things look, you can enter any valid RSS feed URL that you already have in the LS interface.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Thanks! I'll check out word press to see how that differs from our present system.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    rss linkshare feed
    I must have missed that email, but i saw the new RSS feed section and was trying to figure it out today. thanks for the tips
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

Okay got that problem fixed, two feeds loaded up and will have all the rest done within days, that'll cover all the individual "news" feeds, next we need to work on the pre-coded feeds , content coupons and so on!

Okay, after lots of playing around I final found what was getting my pre-coded feeds rejected and fixed that. The first Pre-coded feed is now up and running (From Greatskin) and this presents

- Latest Best Sellers
    - Consumer Loyalty Benefits
    - Latest Coupon

Presently using one link, but future versions we'll work on the product specific deep links too... all looking good so far

Cheers

Chris

Just had time for a quick peek at it, but it looks good to me, Chris.

Keep up the good work!

Gary the Writerguy

I'm never gonna get this rss stuff understood. Gary's tried explaining and I've thought I've understood but am now confused again.
    First...I went to LS and clicked on "RSS Resource Page" I then clicked on where it said to generate a feed token. (Ummm I don't get datafeeds from LS so not sure if that has anything to do with this or not.) Was feeling brave today so I went ahead and clicked it. Waited a second....didn't turned into a pumpkin or anything....have a feein now that maybe I shouldn't have been so brave lol and checked into this some more before doing.

In the space where it says "your feed token is" it gave this big long bunch of numbers and letters. Don't have a clue what that is for.

I subscribe to yours and a bunch of others. All I have to do is click on the yahoo and on my yahoo page it lists them. I just click whichever I want and ex. for yours it takes me to the AMWSO site and I can read what all new is going on. and is very easy and I'm very happy.

Several of them I clicked on the little rss tab at LS and the same page for yahoo came up and just clicked on to get it. They appeared on my yahoo page. (not sure what is gonna appear later, though. Right now all it has are their names) Clicked on the Gaiam and the Kegworks, tho and instead of the yahoo it shows that page that has <rss version="2.0"> and I think what it is ....a bunch of xtml? Does that mean that those sites aren't available to be read with yahoo and I need to get an rss reader for those even tho they are all your sites (and if so......you tricked me. lol I thought I was going good with choosing the gt media and forzieri sites lol but then these other two aren't the same?) Only kidding about your tricking me.

Definitely shoulda asked this first but ummm does my saying to get a new feed token mean I signed up for something at LS that is gonna cost me?? Am I now gonna be receiving datafeeds that I didn't know I was doing and I'll be paying for them?? Or...hopefully it just means I signed up for the feeds for the rss....only now am gonna have to figure out using an rss reader other than yahoo, (which made it nice and simple for me.) lol and which I have been avoiding doing until now.

Hiya

Gary : Great thanks, we'll start building on this and making them better now

Purple Bear : Once you have created that token you can ignore it, I've not worked out why it is there yet but ignoring once created seems to work fine

For feeds that are set up to send news, then these can be subscribed too through your Yahoo reader. You can then read them at your leisure.

For Feeds that are consumer trageted (and pre-coded with LS tracking) these need to be fed direct onto your web pages.

2 of the news feeds I did use XML style formatting to make them look pretty, the others don't. Using an RSS reader of some kind will make them all look pretty . I use "Sage" in Fire Fox as my rss news reader.

For embedding into a page drop me a mail and I'll send you the PHP code I use with some how too notes

Cheers

Chris

Chris
    LS probably put that token thingie in there to confuse me. lol
    So then the sites I thought were similar to others I have on my yahoo really are. That part is easy to understand.
    Fire Fox is one of the browsers I use all the time, too....so I added Sage. Was very nice of them to have the BBC news already included in it. lol Since I'm an international news junkie it's on my yahoo, too.
    Will send ya an email and will even try to make it not real long. lol
    Thanks for answering my questions

I got to admit, the RSS doesnt look half bad.
    Apple Itunes store had one running for a few months now, but it didnt work propperly.

We've been doing a bit of fine tuning and got some issues resolved for adding better linking to the content of the XML and Images... new batch of rss feeds over the next few days should be rather nice

Cheers

Chris

Thanks I the WU feed looks to be tracking fine to me , no issues that I see or that load in my scripts, it is still listed as a test feed too

Other than that one the other feeds we have are as follows and all working and tracking

- Kegworks
    - Gaiam With Video
    - GT Media with Video
    - GreatSkin
    - Forzieri
    - Bag Borrow or Steal

Cheers

Chris

My apologies Chris. I looked at the WU code earlier and it did not load correctly but I am using a different PC and it is loading now. Not sure if it's a compatability issue or something but it looks a-OK now. Looking good

No worries I needed to check them all and that gave me a kick to review all of the precoded ones

jsut saw this thread, thanks for bumping it. Pulling the code as we talk.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast