Mechant Landing Page
    While checking my links to Perfume.com the landing page appears to be some sort of perfume search directory. Any members had problems with this merchant. A direct search for www.perfume.com also gives same results.

15 years and counting
    Same thing.
    First I thought they were hacked but both companies are located in Vancouver.
    Perfume.com is owned by:
    Communicate.com Inc.
    600 - 1100 Melville Street
    Vancouver, BC V6E 4A6
    CA
    Record expires on 13-Feb-2013.
    Record created on 12-Feb-1995.

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.GOSSAMERHOST.COM
    NS2.GOSSAMERHOST.COM
    NS3.GOSSAMERHOST.COM

The search page replacing Perfume.com is owned by:
    Check: yen.com/
    NetNation Communications (Canada) Inc.
    1410 - 555 West Hastings Street
    Vancouver, BC
    V6B 4N6, CA

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns1.gossamerhost.com
    ns2.gossamerhost.com
    ns3.gossamerhost.com

And other way to screw Affiliates out of their money. Imagine doing PPC for these crooks. They make money from these searches but don't pay their affiliates. They are diverting traffic, even if it's for a short time, it's bad.
    Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 03/29/2007 08:56.06 PM
    Last Compliance Test Completed: 30-Mar-07

It makes you wonder why bother with Direct linking or make a page with this merchant when all links point to this Page. I will remove all my inks to this Merchant ASAP

15 years and counting
    Perfume.com may have subcontracted some work to this company NetNation Communications and maybe during the time they work on their db they are replacing the site by this search screen. It could be back to normal later today or Monday morning. Their EPC is still OK.
    I still don't agree with the way they are doing it. It's pure thievery.

Thanks for the info Zeus I may holdfire until next week and see if there is any change I get annoyed with Merchants with direct product linking that change their landing pages. When customers click on a product link they expect to see their choice of Item if not they will shop elsewhere

15 years and counting
    No pb. I understand maintenance needs to be done on a site from time to time. But if a merchant is obliged to do it they should at least keep the cookies going and have a maintenance screen, pitching their products with a come back later, folks.
    To send them to their competition or unrelated sites is unprofessional.

It is approx. 12:09 am 4/2/07 central time. It seems to be working ok for me.

Something I did notice at the bottom of the page is the Affiliate ID = 150 It says to quote this number when you call the 1-800 number to order. That is not my id # and I went through my link.

When you look at the merchant info the link to the site is:
    http://www.perfume.com/index.php?ref=150

This seems strange.
    Last edited by porkchop; April 2nd, 2007 at 01:38 AM.

Merchant landing page still not working Any other members with this Merchant?

I actually emailed them (through the SAS contact form) about a coupon code and a guy named David Jeffs answered me right away. He seems real nice so maybe you can drop him a line and he can help solve your problem.

Perfume.com Affiliate Program
    Thanks Porkchop for letting me know of this thread. My name is David from Perfume.com. I have answers for both of the issues mentioned. The first concern by Lencarl regarding the landing page:

Lencarl is in Scotland. We only sell perfume in the US. Visitors from foreign countries (except Canada, which is where I am located) receive a landing page with links to merchants who may sell in those countries. This is done by IP identification technology, which is not always perfect. In addition, we identify users from some countries that have a high level of fraudulent credit card orders and send visitors from these countries to the FBI internet fraud site homepage. An example of one of these countries is... Nigeria. So in fact, all is in order as long as our affiliates send us traffic from the US. I'm not sure how Lencarl can access our home page but perhaps through an anonymous site like anonymizer.com.

Regarding Affiliate ID ref=150: This is where our internal identifier for affiliates is placed and is only used to track affiliate sales for our internal affiliates, not for ShareaSale transactions. But 150 is ShareaSale, so internally we know where your sales are coming from. Even if it were not to indicate ref=150 for your visitors, it would not make a difference as ShareaSale transactions are tracked by ShareaSale tracking software.

If you have any more questions, please do contact me and I'll do my best to answer. Affiliates of ShareaSale can contact me through the Shareasale site. I appreciate being notified of any issues.

David

Thanks for clearing things up David. :-)

I take the message from David means if a customer in USA clicks my Page links he is taken to Home page at Perfume.com but if it is an International Customer they are redirected to a Search Directory for Perfume. Is this a common thing for Merchants to do?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread