Question Datafeed spliter?
    I'm having a problem with some very large feeds that I'd like to split up. Does anyone know where to get a macro for Excel (or a program that does the same) which automatically splits my datafeed, creating a new spreadsheet per category? I've done a lot of looking but haven't come across anything yet that does this.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Adam

I have found that it is easiest to split them up once they are in a temporary database. I just run a query to sort them.

Core

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    If you are using MySQL and you're looking to create new feeds out of a single large feed so that you create static pages just covering a specific category then a filter system is not only possible but available, whereby you download multiple copies of the feed and extract the appropriate portion you require.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

ABW Ambassador
    Look up file splitter on Google, it's right up top. It was just recommended to me by a friend and it works!

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp
    If you are using MySQL and you're looking to create new feeds out of a single large feed so that you create static pages just covering a specific category then a filter system is not only possible but available, whereby you download multiple copies of the feed and extract the appropriate portion you require.
    Why would you downoad multipal copies? If it's in a database you can select the categories and display the products that belong to that category...or am i missing something?

The reason for multiple copies is that one category could be listed on website A and the second on website B and both categories on website C, creating 3 websites from one feed but in 3 separate databases.

I understand. But I do guess you need to manage where you leave what as when the original database gets updated you need to update x other databases

That's right and managing that can either be a simplified task or a real pain but either way, the preparation is always the hard part as that can take a long time as you know.

it does...I am having several projects but one I can't wait to get out there but it takes time.

Hi

It might be a bit late in the day with this suggestion, however, I had this problem so I downloaded the latest trial of MS Excel (3 month trial) this handles over a million rows at one time. Works for me.

Delboy

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread