Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry SpiritHalloween temporary deactivation
    Does anyone know what the situation is with this merchant? They appear to be "temporarily deactivated" at CJ but are still listed as "active". This really sucks as I have numerous pages dedicated to their products on two of my websites, which means I would have to spend hours removing them and replacing them with a different merchant . I have sent them an email but haven't heard anything yet, and was just wondering whether anybody here at ABW knows what is going on. They also owe me money for some sales I made in February - these sales were locked but not included in my March DD from CJ.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Ditto here. No info yet, other that if you go to their site and click on the Affiliate Program links, you get this message:

This company's partnership with Commission Junction is currently inactive.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Yes I get the same message when clicking on their links, which is not exactly awe-inspiring for site visitors. They came across as a very professional merchant when I first joined their program, and I had high hopes for them. However, something must be wrong somewhere - perhaps they haven't paid CJ! In any event I will give them a couple of days to respond to my email and if I don't hear from them I will delete their links.

Interestingly enough, I just got an email from HalloweenOnly touting their current top sellers, requesting me to add them to good locations, and inviting questions or comments.

Much better way for a merchant to run a program.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Ditto everything in this thread
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I called the ex affiliate manager and spoke to him today. Spirit was an outsourced program.

http://www.weblinc.com/Case_Studies/Spirit_Halloween/

He said that Spirit of Halloween is going to do their own affiliate management and is still planning to use CJ. He has been forwarding all of our emails to them.

As I understand it, it is out of his control, as Spirit is now longer using weblinc's services.

>> still listed as "active"

where ?

I called CJ about the "Active" status. In the Deactivated Advertisers report, the last column is Status and it says Active. CJ said this Active simply means that I was active with their program when it was deactivated. There is no easy way to know when they become Active with CJ again except that they just appear back in the list of advertisers. This happened with costumeman the same day spiritofhalloween was deactivated except that they came back the next day or so.

Kind of clunky the way that report and status work.

yes, that is confusing

merchant relationship status vs
    merchant program status

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    I called the ex affiliate manager and spoke to him today. Spirit was an outsourced program.

http://www.weblinc.com/Case_Studies/Spirit_Halloween/

He said that Spirit of Halloween is going to do their own affiliate management and is still planning to use CJ. He has been forwarding all of our emails to them.

As I understand it, it is out of his control, as Spirit is now longer using weblinc's services.
    Thanks for sharing the info CathyM. It would have been nice of SpiritHalloween to at least let their affiliates know in advance of their plans, but instead we are just left hanging - very unprofessional to say the least . If this is the way they treat their affiliates, perhaps it's time to stop promoting them altogether.

I have been trying to decide whether to pull their links or not. I pulled links from some pages. I hope they get their act together soon.

That's a real shame. Their ex-manager Joe seemed like a true pro. Add another CJ merchant to the trash heap I guess.

Everyone,

I'm the director of ecommerce over @ SpiritHalloween & Spencersonline. We will be back up and running with CJ shortly, so I wouldn't move the links yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience / confusion.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by stanchak
    Everyone,

I'm the director of ecommerce over @ SpiritHalloween & Spencersonline. We will be back up and running with CJ shortly, so I wouldn't move the links yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience / confusion.

-Chris

Chris thanks for posting here at ABW. However, It really would have been nice if we had all been informed in advance of what was going to happen with your program. Could you give us some indication of how long "shortly" is going to be, as you cannot expect affiliates to keep links up indefinitely when they are not going anywhere. It is certainly a big put-off for site visitors when they are confronted with a "sorry this merchant is no longer active on the CJ network" message. Please do keep us informed.

Less than 1 week and you'll be back

Again, apologies for any inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by stanchak
    Less than 1 week and you'll be back

Again, apologies for any inconvenience.
    Will existing links again work or will we have to replace them with new links???

If you really want to keep affiliates, spend more than 30 seconds on your response here.
    Look, we have questions and concerns. Abrupt answers that just leave us with more questions will do more harm than good.
    You are better off putting some time aside and addressing this properly with us.
    Think of it this way. If you can't spend several minutes clearing things up with affiliates who are already upset with your program going offline like this, than why should we waste a minute longer on your program?
    Edited to add
    Don't get me wrong, you are making a great step in being here. I just want to make sure you understand that we are just as busy as you and a lot of folks won't wait around to get these answers.
    my 2 cents anyways.

Lastly, welcome to ABW glad to see you here!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Will existing links again work or will we have to replace them with new links???
    Good question! I've built a whole lot of pages using the Product Showcase Creator, and am wondering how this is going to affect things once they go online with CJ again. If the existing links will just go back to normal that will be fine but, if we have to redo everything, that's going to involve a lot of unnecessary work.

If it means replacing the old links, then its bye-bye spirithelloween

OK, Stanchak, it's been more than an hour and you're on the board:

What about the old links - will they still work?????

BuyCostumes has much better conversions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dude009
    BuyCostumes has much better conversions anyway.
    Plus, I've found BuyCostumes to have great support.

This past year, almost 1/2 my Halloween-related sales were through BuyCostumes. SpiritHalloween was second, followed very closely by HalloweenOnly.

BuyCostumes and HalloweenOnly are the way to go now.

Well it seems we are not going to get any reply here to our questions regarding the links (or anything else for that matter!), so I guess it's time to pull the plug in favour of BuyCostumes who, I fully agree, have the best conversion and also great support. I thought I would try SpiritHalloween on one of my other websites to compare the two but, after this fiasco, there apparently is no comparison at all.

Grumpy, there may be someone new to look at:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=87975

Thanks I'll check them out once they start their program. It seems they are still in the research stage though, and it will also depend on what kind of tools they will have available for promoting their products. Banner links alone won't cut it, as I have pages and pages to fill. Thanks again for the info.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast