Question Anyone using AdBrite to sell ad space on thier Sites?
    I am wondering if anyone using AdBrite to sell ad space on thier sites and if they find them any good??

Also do they have ads that you can put on your sites right away or will they display only advertizers you sign up on your site?

Also what percentage of the PPC do they take?

Are their any other good alternatives to AdBrite?

Thank you........

ABW Ambassador
    I used them for a bit a few years back and it was like putting a sign up on my site - scum come here... I rejected about 80% of the ads being asked to be put on my site. They may have gotten better, but considering where i see them advertise, I doubt it.

Chet

Thanks Chet are you using any other network to replace them now? If so what company?

No better Chet. I tried to monetize a local blog with them, and essentially was spammed with ad requests, PPC only, everyday. This was November 06.

If I wanted to do PPC, I would use Google....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I get a lot of ads on my adbrite but since no once clicks the garbage they advertise on it my cpm rate on itis just 31 cents for a month lol.

but with all the ****ers buying my ad space I make about 17 bucks a month enough to leave them where they are at

ABW Ambassador
    We just use google now.

We were getting weekly and monthly adbuys which at first was encouaging, but they were just such horrible sites, adware and worse, the few we did approve were never very high caliber of sites. I just preferred to not deal with these people. Looking at the current batch of ads I see though adbrite, not a lot has changed. They just don't have quality advertisers.

Chet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I haven't worked with them, but I've been on a couple of sites that used them. It was not only crud, but mostly irrelevant crud. Not the kind of stuff I could see most people being remotely interested in clicking.

And, it made for a really downlevel atmosphere...and that assessment is coming from someone who usually *likes* ads!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks everyone I will not be signing up with AdBrite.

One thing I've noticed is that listing in their directory gets noticed by Google. You could, in theory, do that without actually approving any ads to run.

Guess a lot of advertisers and publishers that are'nt allowed on the 'big three' collect there.

I'll give them this, they have a wide range of adv. prices. All the way from .08/.week up to..
    http://site.www.adbrite.com/mb/comme...oduct_id=17036
    Last edited by simcat; April 5th, 2007 at 12:13 AM.

Going back to one of the OP's questions, I never quite figured out how/where they get their take of the ad revenue. Anybody know?

Certain types of sites will attract certain types of advertisers. You have the power to reject undesirable advertisers anyway, so I don't see what the gripe is.

And you can trust Adbrite to pay you on time, every time. The same can't be said for two of the biggest affiliate networks that most of us here derive the lion's share of our income from.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

...and only recently did they raise their minimum payout...to $5.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread