ABW Ambassador
    Feed Cleaning Help
    I'm working on a large CJ datafeed from 4 different merchants in the past weeks(weeks!). Most of the time I was trying to organized the feed so they look unified( I wish the merchants will have the feed in same format at beginning.).

Does anybody know how to add a part to an existing column. Say I have column C with the category list of jackets, pants, shirts, shoes,... and I want to add clothing in front of those to make them look like: clothing > jackets, clothing > pants, clothing > shirts...

I was doing it by copy and paste one by one, it looks like will take me forever to finish just that column.

Thanks in advanced.

If you are using Excel, ASAP Utilities will do a lot of fun things like you are describing...Good Luck Google ASAP Utilities and it will give you a download site.

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    ...I want to add clothing in front of those to make them look like: clothing > jackets, clothing > pants, clothing > shirts...
    If you're using Excel, and assuming this data is in Column C, and row 1 is a header row with field names....

- Either insert a new column (such as column D) or use the right-most (blank) column.
    - Enter this formula in that column, row 2 (such as D2): ="Clothing > " & C2
    - Then, with the cell in which you just entered this formula selected, fill down for all the rows
    - After this, copy this entire column, Paste Special and select Values

That should do it for ya...

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks you dmoore! I'm downloading it. Will see how it works.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by adambha
    If you're using Excel, and assuming this data is in Column C, and row 1 is a header row with field names....

- Either insert a new column (such as column D) or use the right-most (blank) column.
    - Enter this formula in that column, row 2 (such as D2): ="Clothing > " & C2
    - Then, with the cell in which you just entered this formula selected, fill down for all the rows
    - After this, copy this entire column, Paste Special and select Values

That should do it for ya...
    Wow, thanks adambha. That looks more like the formular I was looking for. Can't wait to try it. I'm sure your description will make a lot more sense once I get on my Excel sheet.

Added: It works great! Thanks again adambha.
    I will play with ASAP Utilities later to disover some cool functions. Thanks to dmoore again for the infomation.
    Back to work now.
    Last edited by atonca; April 3rd, 2007 at 06:31 PM.

Unhappy Possible Keylogger
    Hey Everyone,

fair warning on that plugin ASAPUtilities. I just got a warning on this from my anti virus (I know false positives are possible) and although I never installed it I thought I should let everyone know
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread