ABW Ambassador
    what do you think about sedo.com
    I decided to let go of 2 .com domains.
    Basically, I have too many domains to manage. I want to focus more effort on fewer sites rather than spread myself so much that I can hardly make any site a success.

I googled up selling of domains. Came across sedo.com Anyone tried them?

I have not sold at sedo, but recently bought a domain and it took nearly four weeks to get the domain. I know I've sold domains at Afternic and it has taken less than a week average to go from purchase offer to collecting money to transfer of domain. Once the buyer did not verify transfer and Afternic made the determination it was indeed transfered and sent me the money.

That's just my experience as a buyer at Sedo. Maybe someone else can speak about their experience as a seller.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    womanht, check this thread for info on Sedo and others:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...highlight=sedo
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    I want to focus more effort on fewer sites
    Good strategy.

I have three sites currently parked at sedo and I know they will never sell as my price is 1 million each. So far I am happy with the service.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've got a few sites parked there. It brings in a trickle of click money, but no offers yet. I'm kind of surprised that some of them don't have offers, considering the types of names I've seen people pay a few hundred $$ for...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I sold a domain there 5 years ago but none since. Have had one for sale there (not parked) for a year but it is very niche. The one I sold was handled very well like an auction sale at eBay. I was impressed with the legal paperwork they provided.

I haven't been disappointed with Sedo, but I did notice an increase in SPAM following my signing up with them. I can't say definitively that it resulted from my association with Sedo as I signed up for a couple of different services at the same time, but it made me wary.

Anybody else have a similar experience?
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Sold Channel10.tv at sedo two weeks ago for $900. Was a fast service, well executed. Not my first sale through them either, the others have gone quickly. I like them.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks. I think I'll try sedo then.

Thumbs up
    I have used them to buy a few domain names and have always been happy with the service.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by cbsturg
    I haven't been disappointed with Sedo, but I did notice an increase in SPAM following my signing up with them. I can't say definitively that it resulted from my association with Sedo as I signed up for a couple of different services at the same time, but it made me wary.

Anybody else have a similar experience?
    Many use Sedo for bulk contact lists, searching copyright infringments and it is generally used for a place to find one of the largest databases of domain names and the owners. Span would be common if your email is easy to find.

it's not worth the effort parking there really but may be ok if you want to sell a website but there are better places to sell domains & sites.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Span would be common if your email is easy to find.
    Yeah, I probably didn't make my email sufficiently difficult to find. It's been pretty frustrating, enough so I've debated closing the whole domain down and moving the content to a fresh server (the beauty of shared hosting is that it's cheap to pick up and leave).
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

I have about 150 domains parked at SEDO for the PPC income. I don't make a living there, but I do get a check EVERY month. I have also had about a dozen sales and made a few purchases through them over the last three years. Everything worked smoothly. Some of the transactions were completed within a few days - others took longer. Differences depend on the registrar in question and the speed at which your buyer or seller reacts to Sedo's prompts. (Ex: If the domain is at 1and1 it will take a loooooong time.)

If I have a domain I really want to sell I post it on DNForum, Domainstate and/or NamePros. I have had transactions completed there, either buying or selling, in as little as ten minutes--start to finish.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread