Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Affiliate Certification
    http://www.pepperjammanagement.com/s...ification.html

"In order to receive Super Affiliate Certification, affiliates must demonstrate a series of exceptional qualities, including a proven track record of high-performance across one or more leading affiliate programs and / or affiliate networks, experience with multiple strategies for driving qualified traffic, sales and leads to merchants, and absolutely no involvement in parasitic or questionable affiliate marketing practices, among other important evaluation criteria."

What do you think about the idea of certifying affiliates? I think it won't fly, no real super affiliates are interested in being "certified".

What bugs me however is that it's pepperjam that's doing certifying that an affiliate is not involved in "questionable affiliate marketing practices". What hypocrites!

Note to Admin, Mods: Feel free to remove this if it poses problem.

affiliates must demonstrate a series of exceptional qualities, including a proven track record of high-performance across one or more leading affiliate programs and / or affiliate networks,
    Not sure about others but I never would give someone a listing of sites that I own and market.

Just me being paranoid maybe?

Then again I am no where near being in the classification.

Take care,

Brian

pepperjamMANAGEMENT's Super Affiliate Certification will become the medium by which high-performing affiliates will attain the unique "Super Affiliate" qualification that will immediately demonstrate to prospective merchant partners that they have a proven track record as an affiliate marketing expert.
    I would think "super affiliates" know who they are and wouldn't feel the need to be ordained to super affiliate-hood by anyone in particular.

The term "Super Affiliate" has been around a while and I don't see anything "unique" about it, so claiming uniqueness doesn't sound right to me.

An affiliate certifing other affiliates? WTF?

The conflict of interest 'halo' that PJ carries has gone full circle!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    I would think "super affiliates" know who they are and wouldn't feel the need to be ordained to super affiliate-hood by anyone in particular.
    Right on the money Mr. J. I suspect a SA would have a pretty good idea about their abilities. It'd be kind of hard to miss....In my book, every affiliate who is working in a positive way to build our mutual businesses is a "super affiliate!"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I know I'm super. I got an 8.4 on super-or-not.com! Now I wear a super badge and go to super parties with super people.

The very idea that third party certification would serve any purpose beyond giving the certifying body some interesting data to mine, is pretty ludicrous...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Eathan -

Gotta say, I just tried to go to super-or-not.com to take the super test! Maybe someone needs to buy that domain name and make something fun...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Internet Cowboy
    Although I see a blatant conflict, I have to say that PepperJam is only trying to do something to set them apart from the others and put their name in the headlines, which we all want to do in one way or another.
    I do well in some of their programs and I have to say that some of their affiliate managers are very good at following up on things, such as sending fresh, updated coupons on time, where so many other affiliate managers fail miserably.
    If they would change a few things in their overall philosophy toward affiliate marketing I think they would be a fantastic organization.
    As for being both affiliates and affiliate managers, that is more common than you might think. I know of several AMs with their own affiliate efforts and one AM/OPM firm whose President has his own affiliate operation and this is not a secret.
    I have learned the hard way to be mindful of what I say to affiliate managers who are also affiliates or are connected to others in their company who are affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    Eathan -

Gotta say, I just tried to go to super-or-not.com to take the super test! Maybe someone needs to buy that domain name and make something fun...
    I actually thought about registering.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

15 years and counting
    What a piece of crap!
    "In short, the affiliate industry is in desperate need of TRANSPARENCY."

If they were starting by THEM!

They are allowing ALL the thieves in their programs and they want TRANSPARENCY!

An affiliate GONE BAD. And they would like us to TRUST them. NEVER.

This is just plain silly.

"In order to receive Super Affiliate Certification, affiliates must demonstrate a series of exceptional qualities, including a proven track record of high-performance across one or more leading affiliate programs and / or affiliate networks, experience with multiple strategies for driving qualified traffic, sales and leads to merchants, and absolutely no involvement in parasitic or questionable affiliate marketing practices, among other important evaluation criteria."
    Some regular ethical affiliates might say that, that is a total little Super Affiliate Certification, if it's comming from there.

But, I would say that, if one of this days, I buy a bank, and Jesse James comes to teach me how to protect it, and Al Capone, comes to teach me how to save on my income taxes, I would just put this sign on my new bank window:

Sorry guys, but the just fell of the , the last time I tried to .

------------

Any certificate or Diploma about anything on this life, it's as good as the frame you put it on it, and how do got it, and what do you do with it.

But the most important part, to me, it's not why do you got it, but from where do you get it!

Was this originally posted on 01 April?

ABW Ambassador
    We require that all affiliates FAX a copy of their Certification when they apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    We require that all affiliates FAX a copy of their Certification when they apply.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    Notarized too I bet...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    That's the first thing I thought what Haiko posted. An affiliate certifying another affiliate, lol. Any real "super affiliate" is not going to do this, don't need it, don't care about it etc. Just doesn't fit the personality. So no real super affiliates would actually participate in that. Do you really need someone else to certify you? Your bank account certifies you.
    Last edited by Trust; April 5th, 2007 at 06:04 PM.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    "the Pepperjam "Super Affiliate" designation will provide merchants with an effective and valuable resource to recruit top-performing, high-quality affiliates"

The implied meaning is that super affiliates want to be recruited. Ethical super affiliates don't need to be recruited. Merchants may want a list, but in this biz, ethical producers don't need to be on it to find good merchants. A merchant's recruiting of ethical producers is inherently determined by who they have already let in, their chosen policies and their enforcement (and understanding) of them. When they choose to trust CJ or PJ to recruit affs for them, they are advertising their program's level of worthiness.

It would better serve the industry to certify merchants that make sound decisions regarding the affiliates they allow in and retain.

Imagine a car lot and tons of prospective salespeople... their list would be ethical salespeople that produce - those folks can easily find jobs and prove themselves where ever they go. But if we instead had a list of the car lots that don't allow crapheads to sell for them, the ethical super affs will line up at their hiring desk to apply. The ethical salesfolks that weren't yet super status would also line up to apply. And the crapheads would be relegated to the nasty, skunky little lots where nothing much good happens.

PJ manages stuff for UPromise...
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=18
    So I'm guessing what their proposed "super affiliate" list would look like already...

And if PJ wants to be a certifying body, let's all remember that you don't get to be a certifying organization by just claiming it - you must be vetted yourself, be above reproach (but not above inspection), must collaborate to achieve consensus in standards building and you must be held to a higher ethical standard than those you're certifying. Organizations like American Society for Testing and Materials, Certified Financial Planner Board, National Board for Certified Counselors, National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), American Bar Association and such, come to mind. If they are to define acceptable professional affiliate behaviors, they need to develop standards as a first step.

Working with UPromise-types themselves would preclude them from doing anything but making a marketable list of affiliates who can manage to "post" sales figures... didn't JM already make and sell that list...

And if there were an actual list today of 500 certified ethical super affiliates, would merchants exclusively use them? Would merchants agree to just have those certified ethical affs only (how many programs can those 500 effectively work on)? No, their job is to recruit far and wide. The solutions to bad behavior don't come from certifying affiliates, but rather with certifying merchants and networks that won't tolerate it.

Cops don't stop and inspect every person on the street, they patrol places. When they spot bad behavior, that person gets tagged. Networks can do this - it's one power they get by aggregating activity in a centralized location - which networks are using that power? You can certify and license doctors and pilots because there are bodies that oversee and police them, but that won't work with affiliates - unless PJ wants to become a real cerifying body, like NASBA. So where are the "affiliate selling" cops? Which merchants and networks care enough to hire some guards? Hmmm... Kellie and ShareASale just announced a deal to do exactly that. You want to make some money as an ethical affiliate, look for those places. If you're a merchant, demonstrate you're intentions to police things, and ethical super affs will come. If you had the list PJ describes and also let scum in your organization, those on that list won't stay. An affiliate list won't solve this issue.

You must pull the weeds from your own garden, not buy a book about where to find good seeds.

I'd like to buy the list

Everyone just send me your sites, I will be happy to certify them!

ABW Ambassador
    Welshie:
    Buy the list.
    Do not go there...........
    http://www.threadwatch.org/search/node/molander+list

ABW Ambassador
    BTW - is there a definition for "Super Affiliate" somewhere on this forum or elsewhere. Recently in one of conferences (I think at Aff Summit West), I ran into someone who when asked (by a colleague next to me) on what he does, the reply came as "I am a Super Affiliate". Neither the person next to me nor I, did understand fully what exactly that meant!. Oh well, "Super Affiliate", whatever is that, is how we ended that conversation with a laugh!.

BTW, what does "I AM A SUPER AFFILIATE" means?. Does it mean you are a CJP or achieved a level of profits (or revenues) in affiliate biz??. If it is revenue or profit, is there a magical number to it

The number most often thrown around is $10k, but it's pretty ambiguous what that really means. Is it with a single program? A single network? Total? Is it commissions? Or profit?

In the old days, I don't think most of us spent significant amounts of money on advertising, so commissions and profit were essentially the same. Now, especially with PPC, some affiliates may make as little as 10% profit, which means they have to generate $100k in commissions to earn $10k in profit.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Everyone just send me your sites, I will be happy to certify them!
    for free??

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    BTW, what does "I AM A SUPER AFFILIATE" means?
    it means, buy my book or attend my seminar.

the best one of those will even sell you a rock, and you'll feel good buying it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast