Question about MyAffiliateProgram
    Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has some good/bad issues with Merchants who are using

My Affiliate Program .com
    1 Shopping Cart .com

could you offer any advice for a merchant (from an affiliates point of view) which you'd prefer, and why?

also cookies vs.......what else is available?

I really appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Valerie

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Calendars.com uses it and I as an affiliate have never had any problem with it. I think that 4checks also uses it, you should ask them.

MIke
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

I've also had good experiences with calendars.com. I've also received occasional checks from helmetoutlet.com, but they do take 4-6 weeks to post (verify) transactions. I know there is at least one other MyAP merchant who paid me in 2006, but I can't recall who.

Check out Kolimbo.com for a list of many merchants using MyAP -- it is essentially a portal for MyAP merchants.

I think MyAP combines many of the advantages of an "in-house" network with few of the advantages of a trusted third-party intermediary. The key issue is cost -- they raised the pricing significantly a year or two ago, making it cost-prohibitive for smaller merchants.

One of the key advantages of the MyAP solution is that your affiliates are linking directly to your domain, not to a third-party intermediary. That may help with link popularity at search engines, but most importantly it provides portability so that if you decide to switch to another in-house affiliate solution, it's conceivable that your existing affiliates' links could still work, which is certainly not the case with any of the affiliate networks.

I've 4 merchants who use MyAP and it works fine. The only disadvantage I guess is that you get a cheque from the merchant, so if you don't sell much through them, it could take a while rather than getting a consolidated payment.

If I was considering a new merchant and they had MyAP I'd see it as a positive.

No experience with 1 Shopping Cart.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    We run six in-house programs through an older version of MyAP but have skinned the affiliate interface. So to the affiliate it looks like they are on our site. It is sturdy software but lacks much depth in reporting. We pay the affiliates from the reporting and cut them checks directly. I get on average one sign-up per day from Kowabunga and the affiliates are mainly newbies.

I have talked to several AM's who have contemplated going with MyAP. The newest version is rather expensive so they opted for the previous version.

My biggest complaint is the difficulty in adding links or new programs. The newer versions would resolve that.

Thanks for all the responses! I've heard good things about MyAP, but I have never heard anything about 1 Shopping Cart.

I'm interested to hear anybodys opinions about 1 Shopping Cart if you've experienced with it?

Thank you for your time, I appreciate the help!

Valerie

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    mcclintick02,

You may want to start a new thread with a subject/title that contains "1 Shopping Cart" or "1ShoppingCart", since this thread would appear judging by the title to be only about MyAffiliateProgram. You'll likely get more of a 1 Shopping Cart audience to read it if they see that in the title.

1shoppingcart has less features than MyAP, in general. If you get MyAP you still need an ecommerce backend.

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    It seems to me affiliates who rely heavily on datafeeds from their merchants prefer MyApp to some of the other networks simply because of the way MyApp i set up.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

Thank you guys, I was trying to figure out if 1 shopping cart had a data feed possibility but I think that's unlikely.

I really want to focus on reaching more affiliates, and I know that means offering a variety of different ways to promote products.

I've been reading alot on these forums, and have found so much helpful information!

God Bless,

Valerie

Please note that since most of the messages in this thread were posted, Kowabunga (MyAP) has alienated many of its merchants and affiliates.

Kowabunga was acquired by a somewhat dubious company called Think Partnership last year, and now appears to be in a "death spiral."

The company gave very short notice for a very large fee increase for its long-time merchants, many of whom rushed to find a new affiliate technology provider.

I now strongly recommend that merchants AVOID using Kowabunga/MyAP because the company appears to have lost all of its "ethical footing," and no longer serves merchants or affiliates well.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I concur completely with Mark. And now that Jeff Doak has left their company as well, I think things will be getting much worse. They all about offers and are now a pseudo-network morphing quickly into a CPA outfit.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I concur with Mark and Donuts. I had to jump through hoops to get someone to talk with me. The way they contacted us was unprofessional and the fee increase was ridiculous. I was actually aided by Greg Hoffman at Think and we were able to get a resolution in place. Suffice to say that after 4 years we are moving the programs to our other in-house solution. It put a huge strain on our tech department and confused the affiliates as we had to make wholesale changes without proper notice. I am working on damage control now.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread