Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No matter how much you may want to get rid of those of us who won't KYA - it just won't happen. You can silence me by banning but we are watching you like hawks.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

Heidi I gave this thread a 5 star rating.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Glad you did close that thread Heyder as I was about to tear into mrmerchant making ABW into a Yahoo type free-for-all flame session. I make a couple of perfectly valid posts there to get people to put on their thinking caps. There is no instant gratification to be had from this meeting. Just getting the 4 networks in the same room to discuss the "Affiliate Application" abuses is a victory of sort. If I knew it would help I'd pay 5 foxie topless dancers to provide halftime entertainment wearing nothing but ABW stickers to get our points across.

WebMaster Mike

Oh Does that mean I'm special now? ROFLMAO!

Heidi

LOL

I always enjoy your sense of the absurd!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

And I see Heyder is on the same theme today, closing threads and swearing up a storm.

From Heyder in Closed Post: "I will continue to close every ****ing thread that is based on attacking members, moderators, administrators and even ants until this place has no more open topics and you all can go back to your own holes."

This takes ABW back two weeks in time rather than move us ahead.

I re-opened the thread, I don't have a problem with what mrmerchant wrote. I, only, have a problem with sh!t stirrers. He didn't in my opinion.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> wearing nothing but ABW stickers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not foxie, but I'd certainly get their attention attired like that!

Is the copyright cleared to make ABW stickers?

Some of these Johnnie Come Lately members have a disproportionately high ratio of flame content in their posts.

When they have to start insulting others, it indicates they really have nothing of value to offer.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Let's take Haiko's point one step further. Let's tally up "productive" and "unproductive" threads [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Let's actually take a moment to identify threads (can you find any?) at ABW that result in "good for the affiliate community" or, at minimum, have some sense of resolve.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    I re-opened the thread, I don't have a problem with what mrmerchant wrote.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You Haiko. I do believe that mrmerchant had many key bits of advice in regards to getting together with others who want this issue resolved also. There are far more affiliates out there than those of us who hang out at ABW. Some make more, some make the same, some make less but we all want the same thing. The end of parasitic activies that steal our commissions.

This is why I got pissed off that the thread was closed. While mrmerchant could have worded his advice a bit better - we all aren't experts with expressing ourselves [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Heidi

7 days,

I really wish you would stop the personal attacks against me. The other day when I posted a response to you I was mean and I shouldn't have been.

I obviously embarrassed you and appologized for it twice. You continue to attack me because obviously I must have really struck a nail by saying that you were an instigator.

Again I appologize for saying that in public and making you feel foolish.

hey mrmerchant

I guess by now you are waiting for everyone to ask what the url is to your affiliate board right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Some of these Johnnie Come Lately members have a disproportionately high ratio of flame content in their posts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's quite possible (probable even) that most are from the other side just trying (and succeding I might add) to stir us up and start us in-fighting instead of fighting our true oponents

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrmerchant:
    Let's take Haiko's point one step further. Let's tally up "productive" and "unproductive" threads [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Let's actually take a moment to identify threads (can you find any?) at ABW that result in "good for the affiliate community" or, at minimum, have some sense of resolve.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually previous to the blow out that began to occur just about 2-3 weeks ago, this board was extremely productive and helpful. Since then all has gone to hell.

Most of which could have easily been avoided right from the start if it wasn't for overactive imaginations and temper tantrums due to misunderstandings, comprehension problems regarding the topic that caused it.

The locking and removal of threads and people has been one of the reasons for the lack of trust around here in addition to a few other things.

Heidi

Heyder,

It has nothing to do with me. I even noted in a post today that you had appologized. My beef is the way you are bringing ABW back down in the mud it was in last week with your actions and language. Highly inappropriate for a moderatior, I think.

But that's just my opinion. Haiko has the final word in things like this, not me.

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon,

I know MrMerchant and he is far from being on the "other side" nor is he trolling for another message board as someone else suggested. Actually he is a very talented individual that works in the industry and is quite familiar with the issues and economics from all aspects. I would put that paranoia to rest. There is no need to seed arguments at ABW, because the community does a great job of arguing on their own. For the record I think debate and counter views are important parts of Internet communication.

Granted MrMerchant can be abrasive but he calls it like he sees it. I would heed some of his advice and think about what he really said.

ABW members need to realize that affiliate marketing does not revolve around ABW and that there are numerous parties out there, perhaps some that share the views of the community.

best,
    Wayne

Shoot Ron you are absolutely right. Foul language and the actions I've taken are definately bringing this board to it's knees.

Gosh by golly I should know better than to say a naughty word.

Gee next time I'm angry I will take to knitting or crochet myself a pair of warm socks and drink some warm cocoa.

Heidi,

Locking threads, is to keep the crap down.

I have not deleted any posts without commenting in them, as to why they have been removed or edited. The trust factor has been undermined because of multiple registrations by members and people following such propaganda. That is fine, but for long term members who have seen the Telocity, IDT, WhenU, and wurldmedia results from our proactivity as a team shouldknow better.

I have never soldout, why in the world wouldanyone think that I did now? I am reallyvery tired of this crap, and hope that I'm not voted so that "your" reps bring change, they have a good history of it, RIGHT?

Attack me all you want, everyone, that is fine but base it in fact, not speculation.

It is your money, do what you think is best to secure it.

BTW, can anyone show me an active board or discussion group where parasiteware or whatever you want to call it was actively discussed and brought to this point?

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Actually Wayne I do not recall mentioning MrMerchant in my post. It seems more and more people are reading what is not there.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry Gordon,

He was getting pounded on for being abrasive and I assumed that was who you were referring to. I doubt large companies are going to come here and post stuff under aliases to try to stir the pot. I dunno they could I guess, but big companies usually prefer lawsuits.

best,
    Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Shoot Ron you are absolutely right. Foul language and the actions I've taken are definately bringing this board to it's knees.

Gosh by golly I should know better than to say a naughty word.

Gee next time I'm angry I will take to knitting or crochet myself a pair of warm socks and drink some warm cocoa.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heyder, I don't need to respond to this. Others here can see plainly what you are doing. I refuse to respond to any more of your actions and will simply ignore them in the future.

I have more positive things to do here.

Thanks Ron,

That's all I ask

No problem Wayne, but let us not forget there is one big parasite company that as well as posting on ABW under an alias recently also sent out their goons to try and intimdate some of our members. So please do not try to tell me that just because they are a big company they are all honkey dorey types. Always remember, the higher up they are the more they try to steal.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    It is your money, do what you think is best to secure it.&lt;/p&gt;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haiko,

As we previously discussed in a private chat I am doing what I think is best to secure it. I'm removing the merchants who work with any of the known or previously known parasites.

After they are completely removed from my site they will be informed as to why I have terminated my relationship with them (if I have made money with them - if not most likely they weren't worth me keeping around anyway). If they drop the said parasite I may eventually consider promoting them again in the future.

I choose not to trust what the networks do to protect MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Besides I have ALWAYS done better with independant programs than with any network anyway.

I have far more trust in my one merchant (private program) that pays quarterly and has no online stats at all, no banners and no real affiliate support more than I would trust the networks and some merchants around here.

Some would consider this crazy, but they have been in business 50+ years and I've been with them 3 years and they have proven to me they can be trusted to track sales and pay me - I get a full printout each time a payment is made of all items sold and all the little details we affiliates like to know. They are not on any known parasite list and each quarter my checks get bigger.

We all can affect change in our own little ways by hitting them where it hurts most - MONEY - We quit promoting their merchants which reduces their sales and the networks won't survive and neither will the parasitic groups. Band a huge group of affiliates together doing the same thing and we could have an impact on all of their bottom lines.

Heidi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast