Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Google Checkout and SAS
    I know this issue was discussed on ABW several months ago, but I'm wondering if any consensus has been reached now that things have settled down. If a SAS merchant has Google Checkout as one of their methods of payment, will sales and commissions still track correctly through the SAS system if a customer buys using GC? I have a particular merchant whose conversion rate has fallen quite a bit since they started using GC, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

hi ya spacedog
    I know there was at least one thread on this with some of the merchants using it that are tracking and there may be more but here's the one:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...oogle+checkout

Hope it helps ya

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Hi Spacedog,

Brent from CSN Stores here. I have affiliate orders come through the system everyday that are placed with Google checkout. So from our end it is tracking like a charm.

Hope that helps,

Happy Easter.

Heya purplebear, thought you'd been lurking around here lately but hadn't seen you post. Thanks for that info. I read that thread and it looks like based on UrbanScooter's AM post that there is (or at least was) a potential problem with pixel tracking and some SAS merchants using GC. Not sure if that has been resolved across the board, so I just submitted a support ticket to SAS asking them to check on my merchant.

Brian or other SASers who read this: has this problem been resolved across the board to your satisfaction, or should we still ask you to check on individual merchants to test their functionality? And has SAS worked with Google to eliminate this kind of problem, or is it still dealt with on a case-by-case basis between SAS and the merchant?

Brent,

Much appreciated info. Did CSN Stores have to make some changes, or did it just work from the start?

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I have a particular merchant whose conversion rate has fallen quite a bit since they started using GC
    Check with merchant as there are three steps to integrating it properly in SAS:

Step 1: Capturing ShareASale.com Click Date:
    Step 2: Including the ShareASale information in the Google Checkout Cart
    Step 3: Notifying ShareASale.com of an Affiliate Order

Info is within the merchant sas help. Just putting here for perhaps other merchants to log in and find it.

Send the merchants to contact shareasale afterwards for testing integration.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Space Dog,

It did not work right from the beginning. It took our tech team a day to figure out a solution for tracking through GC. Thankfully they were able to figure out a way to track it, as well as add a second layer of tracking protection through our internal system to ensure Google didn't miss any orders on their end.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread