Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Perfume.com - wanted to promote you via ppc, but you have ShopAtHome in your program
    Reviewed your site, liked what I saw.

Joined and began promoting you on my coupon site already.

Canvassed the ppc landscape, saw areas I think I could really hammer tons of sales for you.

Saw this great press release about you:
    http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=21963
    (i deleted several paragraphs that weren't about perfume.com)
    ~~~~~~excerpted ~~~~~~~
    Perfume.com smells success with $6.8 million in online fragrance sales

Perfume.com’s parent Communicate.com Inc. reported record e-commerce revenue of $7.4 million for the year ending Dec. 31, 2006, an increase of 55% from the prior year. The company reported fragrance sales of $6.8 million for fiscal 2006, an increase of 75% compared to 2005.

Total revenue for FY 2006 was $8.4 million, up 46% from 2005, the company says. Q4 sales were $3.1 million.

Communicate.com has high expectations for 2007, based on planned increases in online and offline marketing efforts, says president David Jeffs. “We are pleased with all of our achievements during the past fiscal year,” he says. “We came just shy of our revenue target for 2006 as a result of being too restrained with our marketing efforts, spending less than 5% of sales on marketing.”

Plans for 2007 include intensifying customer acquisition efforts at Perfume.com, which is No. 492 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, through increased online and offline marketing with a target of spending 10% of sales on marketing. The company is eyeing a bigger slice of an estimated $750 million annual online fragrance market, Jeffs adds.

Plans also include acquiring or building a small distribution center/warehouse in the U.S. to enhance Perfume.com’s fulfillment capability and complement its inventory system.

In addition to Perfume.com, Communicate.com also operates Cologne.com and Importers.com, a business-to-business site that promotes trade among international businesses. The company also operates a web domain name business. It sold the Wrestling.com name for $500,000 last year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then I saw you that you have ShopAtHome.com (SAH, aka ShopAtHomeSelect, SAHS) in your program... a deal killer for me. I can't aim serious ppc money at your program with affiliates like SAH in there, they will get the sales credit through their software, for sales I earn (and pay for) on your behalf.

I posted this in the SAS forum because that was where I wanted to join your program for my ppc efforts. SAS doesn't allow software affiliates like SAH, for good reason. If you don't understand that reason, please consider hiring an Outsourced Program Manager (OPM) who is active here on ABestWeb. You knowing about their Browser Helper Object (BHO) trickery and then acting to no longer allow software affiliates in your program would benefit you a lot more than it would benefit me. From looking at your site, it appears that you run parallel affiliate programs, one at SAS and another in-house system. I assume SAH is in your in-house program. This allows them to dip their hands into my cookie jar. Call me selfish, but when I pay to acquire new customers for you, I want to keep the commissions that result from it.

Seeing such promise in your program, I felt compelled to let you know.

Best of luck to you.

ABW OPMs... you might consider approaching these guys and talking to them about the effects of parasitic partners, both on recruiting and on their bottom line.

Aren't these the guys who were spamming everyone like crazy? I am pretty sure there is a thread about it, but I think they have stopped. Maybe they are trying out varied corrupt avenues.

They just announced their moving exclusively to Performics:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=90329

I'm sad to see them leave SAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Aren't these the guys who were spamming everyone like crazy? I am pretty sure there is a thread about it, but I think they have stopped. Maybe they are trying out varied corrupt avenues.
    I tried to email a friend about it, about the move from SAS to Performics - email came back as blocked - because "perfume.com" is blacklisted for spam via surbl.org.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I'm sad to see them leave SAS
    Me too,
    As an affiliate you should expect great results from their home page.
    Check that link at SAS
    http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=25...link=&afftrack=
    Replace yrAffiliateID by your SAS ID
    It's the direct link for Perfume.com
    And it's not new, I tested it several weeks ago.
    The link redirect you to Sponsored Search results for: Perfume
    with links to fragrancenet.com, scentiments.com, fragrancex.com, BizRate.com/perfumes, Shopzilla.com, Shopping.MSN.com ...

All my perfume.com links still work for now, but I did just get this email. (any links throughout the email lead to the URL in the last paragraph, which showcases Performics as the new network they're going to).

Dear Shawn Kerr :

We greatly appreciate your valued partnership, which has helped us grow into America's most popular perfume website.

To reflect this success and growth, we have made important changes to our Affiliate Program, and are pleased to announce the consolidation of the Perfume.com Affiliate Program under a new Affiliate Network effective June 11, 2007. Beginning on this date, the Perfume.com Affiliate Program will be exclusively offered through a new program.

To ensure the smoothest transition for our valued partners, Perfume.com strongly encourages all of our affiliates to migrate all links and banners to our new network by July 20, 2007 which is the last day that the old Affiliate Program will be active.

Our new Affiliate Program is industry leading -- it is simple, extremely reliable and easy to join -- with almost all of the same terms and benefits of our previous Affiliate Program.

Please click here (perfume.com/affiliate_program.php) to learn more and migrate to our new and improved Perfume.com Affiliate Program today.

Sincerely,

The Perfume.com Team
    affiliate.inquiries @ perfume.com
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; June 27th, 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Removed incidental hotlink

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Great program, but wrong network to form an exclusive with, in my view.

I'll miss ya Perfume.com, sad to see this move.

If you ever come back to SAS, I'll be there waiting.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread