Boutique ooh now skirt spot?
    When did Boutique Ooh Lala become Skirt Spot? Happened to see clicks in my stats. Maybe I am just exhausted from this pneumonia and not in the greatest mood but it would have been nice to have been notified of the change. Going to take a closer look at their site.

Anybody know when they changed?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

ohhh I didn't know about it either, sure enough just logged into SAS and yeap. I coulda sworn I had seen stats for Boutique Ooh Lala not that long ago. Now it means more links and products to have to change

Did your cold turn into pneumonia or did you get sick again. And nope, I don't have pneumonia (am tired though lol ) and doesn't make me too happy either.

Hope ya feel better soon.

Outsourced Program Manager
    I think it happened about two weeks ago. I know that they sent out a newsletter to their customers, but maybe forgot to notify affiliates with so much change going on. I've met Craig (the owner) at an affiliate function, and he does genuinely care. I'll send him this thread to remind him to send one out - better late than never.

Melanie - You're still sick!!! It's been over a month now. Please rest up and send me and Jon an email if you need us to help you with anything. I sincerely hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    ohhh I didn't know about it either, sure enough just logged into SAS and yeap. I coulda sworn I had seen stats for Boutique Ooh Lala not that long ago. Now it means more links and products to have to change

Did your cold turn into pneumonia or did you get sick again. And nope, I don't have pneumonia (am tired though lol ) and doesn't make me too happy either.

Hope ya feel better soon.

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who didn't know. It must be real recent because they haven't even changed all banners to reflect new name. Product links still seem to work and clicks register but I'll have to look into this more tomorrow.

Yes the cold/strep from when we chatted turned into this. I'm feeling better just extremely tired. Lol I've even dozed off on the computer couple times. Thanks for the get well wishes
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Thanks Michael, if he could drop us a line it would be reassuring.

Sick but not conagious so I will still be at the Search Strategy expo Thanks for the offer of assistance, I will be in touch.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Boutique Oohlala is now Skirt Spot
    Hi all. Yes indeed we just changed our name to Skirt Spot. I've changed our text links (which are by far the best converters), and some of the banners. I'm have a technical problem with SaS....sometimes uploading the new banner file works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using the same file names, so I have to figure it out what the problem is.

I'm also about to do URL re-writing, which means switching to a dedicated server, and will update our product feed after that is done. Right now, Boutique Oohlala 301-redirects to Skirt Spot, so none of the old banners and product links result in a dead-end.

I'm hoping to wrap all these changes up shortly. I just came off a really bad experience with an OPM. I'll start with a new one shortly and the communication will be much better. It's just me for now!

I'll send out a newsletter this weekend.

Mellie - awhhh you have been sick for quite some time then. Make sure you get some rest and get yourself all better I fall asleep at the computer quite a few days. lol One of these days I figure I'll take a header right into the monitor. lol I'll usually try to fight to stay awake then give up and take a nap. lol

craigallyn - nope, none of us are ever happy having to change links but my not being happy doesn't even register much on a richter scale lol so not mad at ya or anything. Sounds like you've been having a tough time. Took a quick look at the make a page and doesn't include the name in it, so would they be ok to use or will they be changing. Not sure if I should change all the links now or just the ones with the wrong name and wait for you to finish with all the links.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Melanie, all the change stuff aside, I send my best wishes for you to kick the sick bug and get back to feeling good again.

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    Feel better Mel, darn inconvenient time of year to get sick (not that any time is good).

Craig, I saw on the site that you're with GoldenCan, are those the old links?

Question: if it all redirects are being done one on one, what if the new URLs are swapped out for the old in the current feed?

I guess "tracking is not affected" as CJ used to say.

Purplebear - not sure what you mean by the "make a page", and what you're wondering would be changing.

Marcia - the current Skirt Spot product URL's take this form:
    http://www.skirtspot.com/index.cfm/f.../252/index.cfm

and I will be changing them to this short, keyword-rich form:
    www.skirtspot.com/katie-polka-dot-skirt/

After I do the URL re-write, I have to be extremely careful that Google-bot never sees the both old URL and the new URL because I'd be penalized for duplicate content and removed from SERPs. If I update the feed now, all those long URLs will be out there. Then I would update the feed again a few weeks later with the re-written URLs, and basically be asking for trouble by putting both the old and new URL's out in the universe. So I do need to wait until the new URLs are in place before updating the feed.

But to answer your question...the current GoldenCAN feed contains the old Boutique Oohlala URLs. Every one of those links redirects to the Skirt Spot home page. Not ideal, but just temporary until the URL re-write is done.

Lot's to do, but it's coming along! I haven't even mentioned the other things I'm doing to improve our conversion rate, such as:

- removing the login requirement - a customer can now checkout as a guest (that's done.)
    - revamping the product page layout (in the works now). much room for improvement there.
    - introducing a $40-55 line of skirts called "Swirl" (photoshoot in two weeks)
    - introducing a $90+ line of skirts for high-end shoppers.
    - revamping navigation so customers can browse by price, style, color.
    - offering many fabric options for each skirt instead of only what's pictured.
    - offering petite sizes in every skirt (done) - 40% of women are under 5'6". We've already seen a lot more sales from this, and less returns. (By the way, petite refers to height, not weight. You can be an XL petite.)

Anyway...I digress. Suffice it to say there are a lot of changes happening all geared toward more sales and better conversion.

Tax Paying Member
    The change was a suprise. I found it yesterday when I was looking for stuff to add to one of my sites.

Craig............The next step after your work day reaches 22 hours................is get some help.

Best of luck with the revamping. I like your products........I just need to sell some.

Looks like I do need to revise all of my links. Everything is linking back to your home page rather than to individual products.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Thanks for the update Craig. I am sure you are swamped. You've got some great products so good luck with all the changes, they sound good.

(Thanks for the well wishes everyone )
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

craigallyn
    Not sure as a merchant you see the same as we do at SAS or not, but when I log in under the area that says "Get Links" it lists these:
    hold on LOL I copied and pasted it from SAS and it made them gigantic so will just type em in here now.
    Get a link/banner
    datafeeds
    coupons/deals
    ftp access for datafeeds
    hmmm well think ya can tell what I'm referring to instead of typing all of them. lol It lists make a page
    It gives the option to choose a category, products only in stock, etc. Then you can choose how many productst to list, font color, size, product name, description, etc.

and what you're wondering would be changing. "

What I meant was if I changed those Make a page links now, would you still be making changes to them and then I would have to change them again after you had made the changes to them. Hope I'm not making this sound confusing.

I did take a look around the site and like the design of it. Not sure if it was my imagination or not but seemed like quite a few new products. Some even looked like they might just be waist instead of below the belly button. If so, they would appeal more to the little bit older woman, too. I love your products, too. Agree with the others too....ya need to get yourself somebody to help soon, too. Not sure if ya have that person in mind yet or not but you've got some great ones here to choose from.

Tax Paying Member
    In the midst of all of these changes, I just made a sale. It has tracked and appears on the SAS statistics.

Therefore, I will leave all of my links as is for the time being.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

purplebear - yes, if you change everything now, you'd have to change again in a few weeks. So I would wait.

I'll be getting help...but I don't want to ramp up the affiliate program until my links are correct and my conversion changes are in place. It will be better for everyone, and shouldn't be long.

I do have someone I'm going to go with and he knows who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by craigallyn
    purplebear - yes, if you change everything now, you'd have to change again in a few weeks. So I would wait.
    Are you saying that now is not a good time to put up fresh links?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Correct - now is not a good time to update links. They will be changing soon to a format described in my post above.

Remember, the current links are not dead. They go to the Skirt Spot homepage, and sales are still occurring and tracking properly.

craigallyn
    Thank you for answering my question. Think I will wait then to change the links. I'm not having any problem with my links tracking either.
    Understand completely your thinking regarding the affiliate manager and am very patient. Have a feelin you've made a good choice.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    craig,

in the sas deals database you have a deal that shows as current, but it was entered for boutiqueoohlala site.

dealid = 2754
    merchantid = 10488
    dateend = Never
    title = Free Shipping at BoutiqueOohlala.com
    description = Free Shipping up to $7
    couponcode = subscriber
    dateedit = 2006-10-05 17:50:35.0

this code doesn't seem to work at the new skirtspot (at least not in the item box called "Coupon or Gift Certificate:" which comes before checkout process).

can you update this deal in the sasa deals database so it's labeled for skirtspot... or kill it and create a new one for skirtspot... or let me know by posting here that there's no coupons available for skirtspot.

i've switched my site over to your new site name, but the coupon you've issued needs updating in the sas deals database and it looks like your new site might need the coupon code added to it's backend to make it work properly as well.

thanks!!!

Thanks for letting me know, Donuts. I killed it and created a "10% off your first order" good through October. I'll be doing a regular schedule of coupons when I start with my OPM.

I don't enforce the "first order" requirement.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Tested it, works fine!
    See it in the deals database as well!
    THANKS!!!

Site revamp is done - new feed submitted
    Hi all - I made all of the changes to the site and submitted my feed today. It should appear shortly.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by craigallyn
    Hi all. Yes indeed we just changed our name to Skirt Spot. I've changed our text links (which are by far the best converters), and some of the banners. I'm have a technical problem with SaS....sometimes uploading the new banner file works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using the same file names, so I have to figure it out what the problem is.

I'm hoping to wrap all these changes up shortly. I just came off a really bad experience with an OPM. I'll start with a new one shortly and the communication will be much better. It's just me for now! I'll send out a newsletter this weekend.
    Hang in there Craig. I believe you'll get it done and it'll be a winner for your affiliates!! Good luck to you and all your affiliates.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread