Dick's Sporting Goods
    Has anyone had any experience with Dick's Sporting Goods - good or bad that they can share? I recently added their datafeeds to one of my sites. I've been sending them quite a bit of click throughs the past 2 months (400+ in the last few days) through out their product range but have received no conversions at all. I was just wondering if they are known to report late or if their products maybe just don't convert well. Anyone out there use them? Thanks.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I've promoted them for some time and have never had a problem with them, plus they pay quicker than most Linkshare companies.

I just ran a report for all of 2006 and I show 1,550 clickthroughs with 44 orders (109 items) and a total commission of $287. So, yeah, I'm not ready to retire with my earnings from them, but they have done good for me. Oh, I don't use a datafeed.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I've promoted them since they were on BeFree and I had a few sales for them, but when they changed over to Linkshare things turned around, and they haven't produced any conversions for me either.

Thanks Cagles Mill, by my calculator that's a 2.8% conversion ratio. Sounds like I should've had something in this time. I would image product feeds might convert better then most since the customer came to your site looking for that particular product in a search engine. At least that is my site's experience. I guess I'll give them a little bit more time but I hate seeing all these click-throughs going unconverted. Thanks for you response.

interesting, I am watching them too. I use sierratp but the returns rate is unbelivable

pexcornel, so you don't have a good conversion rate with STP? I wonder if it is an outdoor products thing. Maybe they just don't convert as well as other products.

the conversion is good, but the return rate is big. I almost EXPECT every sale to reverse....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread