Paypal Help
    Trying to integrate Paypal with Shareasale.

I tried all the examples and combinations suggested here, but they had problems. Most seem to be a couple of years old, maybe thats why.

Have:
    Payment buttons
    IPN set-up.
    Auto return
    Payment Thanks You page w/ paypal code
    SAS code on thank you page

From shareasale affiliate test link-
    go to site, make purchase, payment goes through, goes to thank you page, post info there. But never registers at SAS

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

Outsourced Program Manager paladin's Avatar
    Are you on your own thank you page or PayPal's thank you page?

My own Thank you page, I have auto return enabled, paypal says you will be redirected in 10 seconds, it then goes to thank you page and posts info to screen, but not to SAS. I read in the form to turn off auto return, i tried that, bt it did the same thing, with the 10 second redirect screen. I could not see any difference.

Thanks.

Outsourced Program Manager paladin's Avatar
    You may have 2 problems with it as is:
    1. If people leave beofre that 10 second redirect
    2. Is people have JavaScript disabled

In both cases, it will NOT show up in SAS. That said, is the SAS info in the source HTML code of that thank you page (view source when you get ther after an order)?

Yes it is in test, but it looks like no tracking id, my merchantid is there but I took it out for post.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Brian - ShareASale; April 9th, 2007 at 04:21 PM.

If you're running the IPN, I'd definitely see if you could put the SaS info on that page. If the user pays with a credit card (and not the PayPal account) they will be asked to create a PayPal account and will not be auto-directed to the site. If you put the SaS code on the page that runs the IPN script SaS will be notified regardless of the user action.

Personally, I hate PayPal. I didn't use to, but after they held $1400 for thirty days on a whim and nobody in customer service could tell me why they weren't paying me my money, I decided to go another route.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

The reason I'm using paypal, is that was all the software was set up to use. I can put SAS code on the return IPN page if that's what you mean, would seem to make more sense. But any idea why it's not passing the tracking ID.

Thanks.

As far as paypal I've used them for 5 years on another site using their subscription payments and never had a problem. Have had like 4 customers complain about auto renewals (most likely becase they forgot a year later they had signed up) and paypal withheld only that payment. Paypal always decided in my favor and then I would cancel that customers subscription and refund them any way.

Paypals customer service sucks though, slow to respond and usually gives stock stupid answers the first response.

I haven't played around with SaS yet, so I'm not that familiar with their tracking sotware. Here's a couple things to look for:

SaS stores the tracking information as a cookie on the user's browser. Make sure that your landing page (which sets the cookie) is on the same domain as the IPN page (http://www.domain.com vs http://domain.com).

Drop SaS an email. From what I understand, they're pretty responsive.

If you're unable to get the answers you need, you can drop me an email at chris [at] freequotesworld.com and I'd be happy to look over your scripts and provide any feedback I can. I'm about to set up a merchant account with SaS anyway, so it would be good practice for me to tear through their scripts. I won't guarantee I can answer your question, but you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Hi Chris,

Thanks. I've checked the cookies. It still does same thing passes amount, transtype and medchantid, but no tracking id.

I did submit an email to shareasale the other day, but haven't heard from them yet.

Thanks.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread