Wink Happy Easter everyone!
    I just want to wish everyone a peaceful day filled with endless joy!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Happy Easter too..

Apparently, there are some politically correct police that is going around renaming the Easter bunny to "Spring Rabbit".
    They (one local mall) cancelled the the picture taking with the bunny cos they are going to offend some people. Sooner or later, we will be living in a Utopian society without any holiday. Christmas will be Winter day. lol

Internet Cowboy
    I had high hopes of fishing while everyone was egg hunting, but it snowed here this morning until about noon and is not going to be much warmer tomorrow. So I guess the kiddies will not get to show off their new dresses because they will be covered up with a coat.
    Meanwhile I am staying in and unpacking boxes
    Happy Holiday to those who celebrate it. To those who don't, Happy Sunday just the same.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Happy Easter too..

Apparently, there are some politically correct police that is going around renaming the Easter bunny to "Spring Rabbit".
    They (one local mall) cancelled the the picture taking with the bunny cos they are going to offend some people. Sooner or later, we will be living in a Utopian society without any holiday. Christmas will be Winter day. lol
    Eric,
    If you are of religious beliefs other than Christian, then Easter and Christmas are meaningless. Does than mean that these people should have the beliefs of mainstream American shoved down their throats? Is that what we are all about? I say we are not after a Utopian society as much as we are realizing that we are a DIVERSE society and Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny mean nothing to a large segment of our population.

As much as we all love to party, I don't see why we can't celebrate them all !

http and a telephoto
    To me Easter = Spring = time for renewal, rebirth and fresh starts. No matter what your religion or belief system it can be a day of celebration of the coming of new life.

So to everyone, Happy Spring... may the year ahead be filled with possibilities of joy and happiness.
    Last edited by loxly; April 8th, 2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: typo
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Happy Easter or Happpy Sunday, either way, enjoy the day!
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

ABW Ambassador
    Happy Easter Everybody.

My Mother is Roman Caltholic, My Dad a New England Quaker. My Husband: Mother -Sothern Baptist, Dad - Eastern European Jew.

Our solution - Celebrate everything and everyone's belief with love and respect.

(I also have many Wiccan friends and love their ceremonies as well.)

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    To me Easter = Spring = time for renewal, rebirth and fresh starts. No matter what your religion or belief system it can be a day of celebration of the coming of new life.

So to everyone, Happy Spring... may the year ahead be filled with possibilities of joy and happiness.

Loxly has a good idea about celebrating spring...........

Quit whinning about someone stepping on your suedo religious toes and get on with life.

Happy Spring
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Witzer wrote:
    Quit whinning about someone stepping on your suedo religious toes and get on with life.
    Witzer, are you actually suggesting that anyone who isn't Christian has "seudo (sic) religious" beliefs?

Maybe you'd like to clarify that statement.

Happy Easter or Happy Sunday to everybody, too
    It is a shame that our religious holidays are the way they are, though in some respects. I see both sides. Personally, I respect everybody to have whatever religious belief they have or don't have. I think everybody should be able to believe what they believe and we should be respectful of that as long as it is a peaceful belief, not trying to jam it down the throats of others or hurting others because their belief is different from yours. In an ideal world it would be nice if we could all just agree and do what Aunt Lily said: "Our solution - Celebrate everything and everyone's belief with love and respect." I try to make it a point with people I know to wish them religious holiday wishes on whichever religious holiday they have.

Other side, my niece had been Christian, then coverted when she married her Jewish husband. She knows from being a teacher about some Jewish or Muslim children feeling a bit strange or out of place due to food issues in school at times( like hot dogs). Her son felt strange once at a barber because something was said to him about Santa Claus. Guess people say things at times without realizing and children can be made to feel out of place.

Entire family does celebrate Christmas. Guess just the part of family getting together, exchanging gifts, good food, etc. (have to make sure I don't include any type of Santa, etc. in gift wrap, though) Big treat for the kiddies though are the candy canes I put on the presents. Candy canes are ok, Santa mentioned is not. Christmas cookies are definitely ok Not sure of how a Christmas cookie in the shape of Santa would be dealt with.

I made a boo boo once without thinking. Don't know why or how it started but my husband and I whenever we see bunnies we'll refer to them as Easter bunnies. Guess kinda like the Tooth Fairy...Easter Bunny is right up there as a mythical creature or something. May have started when we'd go fishing early in the morning we'd count the bunnies we'd see and call out Easter bunny lol (Where I live we don't get to see bunnies too much so we get excited when we do see them. Early in the morning is a good time to spot them.)

Anyway, I was in their yard one day and spotted an Easter bunny and right away said that. Uhhh definite no, no from the immediate look I got. So, Christmas is celebrated, Easter is not. Candy canes ok, Easter bunny not.

Not quite sure what the answer is but does seem strange at times. Why can I give candy canes and be ok, couldn't have an Easter egg hunt or give Easter eggs, though....and definitely don't refer to the Easter bunny.

Celebrate all the holidays, Rudolph is just a nice reindeer with a red nose that likes to help this nice guy with a beard give out presents to everybody and this cute little bunny loves to give chocolate goodies to everybody. What's wrong with that.?

In case anybody doesn't understand....I am honestly very respectful of all religions and their beliefs but would rather think of Santa, Rudolph, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairies as just really nice guys that like to make people happy

Happy Easter all.

So its easter there today. I was wondering where are my sales

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Witzer wrote:

Witzer, are you actually suggesting that anyone who isn't Christian has "seudo (sic) religious" beliefs?

Maybe you'd like to clarify that statement.

clarification is...............rather than seudo" it is "pseudo"

I apologize for the mispelling. I did not infer to any particular "social" belief.

Happy Easter........Welcome to Spring Time........Nuff said
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

http and a telephoto
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Happy Easter! Happy Spring! HAPPY HAPPY WHATEVER!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Happy Easter

Spring is here
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    Happy Easter too..

Sounds very Orwellian.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Happy Easter! Just got back from Easter Dinner and the Massive Egg hunt we do every year. Braedon cleaned up! Freezing cold here, but it is every year on Easter, Cold and Rainy!

Hope everyone is having a good one!
    KK

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Eric,
    If you are of religious beliefs other than Christian, then Easter and Christmas are meaningless. Does than mean that these people should have the beliefs of mainstream American shoved down their throats? Is that what we are all about? I say we are not after a Utopian society as much as we are realizing that we are a DIVERSE society and Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny mean nothing to a large segment of our population.
    Not a Christian but that does not mean I can't celebrate any event that is related to Christianity or any other. Been to churches, mosque, Chinese/India temples, lots of religious celebrations and I am there if I am invited.

I hear what you are saying too about 'not everybody is Christian' and don't celebrate X'mas. I am with you with diversity but at what point does one draw the line at not having a celebration just to be politically correct? All festivals are built on a diverse history, like St. Patty's fest in NYC. Will somebody sue and cancel the celebration? (ps. I am not Irish too)

Aunt Lily said it best "Our solution - Celebrate everything and everyone's belief with love and respect."

Happy Whatever Day it is!
    My daughter brought some of her friends home for dinner today, since they don't get a break from college to go home. So I had 6 baskets of goodies to make up. I was good though and didn't touch one piece of candy. I also went to the gym, which was packed, where I see other people were also feeling guilty about overeating today.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Happy Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Scooter
    I think we ought to be able celebrate everything. To have no public celebrations is dull and lifeless! And if they're religious celebrations, so what? Festivities are fun. If someone's being an intolerant fogey and lets the sight of a celebration of [holiday from a religion they don't believe in] wreck their day, that's their own darned fault, and too bad for them.

A diverse society should be able to enjoy its diversity.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by loxly

I love your outlook of the day, it is perfect!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread