Tracking a telephone sale
    I you are an affilate for CJ or LS and a customer clicks on one of your merchant links and decides not to place their order online, but calls the toll-free number, can they still track that sale under you? How does that work?

no they cannot track in this case, but there are lot of indy programms who display your code on there site when the customer visits them by clicking on your link and they request the customer to say the code when they are placing their order through phone..the code display is your affiliate code through which your commssion is tracked for telephonic orders...

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

There are various ways of doing this, the best that i have seen was the system we set up on Mondera some years back that embedded the tracking code into the product Id on the web pages. When a customer called in an order they automatically gave the tracking code without needing to be asked for an "extra" code, this meant all phone orders were tracked without fail.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by id2k
    no they cannot track in this case, but there are lot of indy programms who display your code on there site when the customer visits them by clicking on your link and they request the customer to say the code when they are placing their order through phone..the code display is your affiliate code through which your commssion is tracked for telephonic orders...

I don't know about LS or CJ because we are with SaS only, but I know with our program that tracking phone orders is not a problem. A promo code appears directly under the toll free number, which ID's the affiliate marketer. Do I understand correctly that you are saying with CJ or LS this is not possible?

Alan
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

well i guess not all merchants at cj and linkshare provide with telephonic order tracking...correct me if i am wrong

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I don't know about CJ or LS. Our program is solely with SaS, but on SaS affiliates we display a unique promo code directly under the toll free number and it is the aff ID. There have been many threads on this topic over the past couple years. One that comes to mind is below, but you can search the threads for many more.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...g+phone+orders
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    well i guess not all merchants at cj and linkshare provide with telephonic order tracking...correct me if i am wrong
    In my experience it is a minority that do provide any form of reliable phone tracking

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

This is something that every network should encourage and make easy for merchants to implement. ShareASale.com is the only major network I know of that makes it easy for merchants to do, but even they don't seem to push it to merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    At Backcountry the affiliate PID is displayed and customer service is supposed to ask and record that. The program is in CJ.

Ancestry records the email address and then compares the activated subscription back to affiliate program, matches the email address and commissions the affiliate. It lags by 60 days but is a big bonus to the affiliate. They are on BeFree and moving to CJ as we speak so not sure if that will carry over (don't manage it any more).

AffiliateCrew is working with our merchants to get a special 800 number that will only display when an affiliate link drives traffic. All the sales through that number will be bonused back to the program at the end of the month.

Some programs remove the 800 number when the vistor comes from an affiliate link and keeps the sale via the cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Hi

There are various ways of doing this, the best that i have seen was the system we set up on Mondera some years back that embedded the tracking code into the product Id on the web pages. When a customer called in an order they automatically gave the tracking code without needing to be asked for an "extra" code, this meant all phone orders were tracked without fail.

Cheers

Chris
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

ABW Ambassador
    my opinion is that this issue needs to be finalized somehow to an "industry standard" although i dont know how this is possible, as there are too many networks working on "theirs own way"

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I searched around LS again. Does LS offer this solution yet?

We are consulting with a posible LS merchant and 800 tracking would be a MUST do, but I would prefer an easy script provided by LS for merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by KGP
    my opinion is that this issue needs to be finalized somehow to an "industry standard" although i dont know how this is possible, as there are too many networks working on "theirs own way"
    Great idea, but not really feasible. Different networks work different ways. Different merchant platforms work different ways. Also, some merchants accomplish this through a much wider solution that encompasses all traffic, not just affiliate traffic.

Networks certainly can do a better job of providing tools to make this easier for merchants and by encouraging merchants to add phone tracking.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    phone order affiliate programs
    Interesting Thread:

True conversion tracking should be of top importance to merchants to take these steps.

FYI: pingo.com doesn't take any orders by phone to help ensure our partners will get PAID.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread