Nearly All Supplemental
    Anything looking like a product page is now in Supplemental. It's been a slow slide over the past couple of weeks across all my sites regardless of PR or links. It appears that anything resembling a data feed page is there and a lot of pure content pages that share their neighborhood.

There is an interesting read at WMW called Signs of Fundamental Change .

some are calling this a temp bug,but still well worth looking into...thanks for pointing my eyes there ;-)

forget the supplemental how are your keywords ranking sup or not?

I went over to SAS and looked at some of the sites that offer datafeeds. Using the (site command, a lot of the MERCHANTS have a large % of their pages in supplemental. Sometimes you have to (repeat the search with the omitted results included.)

So if you're building affiliate pages based off of other supp. pages..

Not picking on SAS merchants, probably true with other datafeed merchants also.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    These days I assume any data-feed created pages will be supplemental and just figure out how to mesh them together with other content or other methods of getting traffic.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

as reported in the thread you linked something is wacked, but it seems like a bug more than anything. Just got this :-)

Results 11 - 12 of about 5 um....seems google can't count right now lol

The more I read the forums, including Google's own Google Webmaster Help, the more I see that it's a land of confusion. G must be laughing to rattle the G plex walls. They must love it.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It looks like a bug, seeing so many "supplemental" pages.

Not picking on SAS merchants, probably true with other datafeed merchants also.
    It doesn't seem to have anything to do with feeds/not-feeds. (My other merchant site, for which there is no aff program or feeds, is also showing lots of "supplemental" pages.)

What I'm seeing on the merchant side is that only one instance of each page on the site is non-supplemental. The on-site "duplications," caused by different nav paths, ARE supplemental.

Nothing unreasonable.

*Checks original aff site, which has both original c-ntent, and feeds on it*
    That one's got lots of sup pages. This includes most of the c*ntent pages. Not surprising at all to me to see the nondifferentiation, since I've never thought G could tell one page type from another anyway.

*Checks big affiliate mall site*
    *Falls off chair!!*
    Well shock my world--they've finally picked up my NEW pages. "Only" 2 years after I changed that whole site around!
    Not sure whether that will be something to bless or to blame...my custom 404 page on that site converts pretty well, and this means that page won't be coming up anymore, LOL...

As for the supplemental status, there are a huge amount of sup pages on that site, too, but I'm more concerned with whether it'll show, than whether it's got the sup tag attached. Many times I've had "supplemental" pages show, and non-sup ones be buried.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

As for the supplemental status, there are a huge amount of sup pages on that site, too, but I'm more concerned with whether it'll show, than whether it's got the sup tag attached. Many times I've had "supplemental" pages show, and non-sup ones be buried.
    Yep they say the proof is in the pudding. Here's mine. PR5 with lots of good G type content with a sprinkle of text links here and there. These are OK and indexed. For about three months I had about 500 pages of hard core feed pages related to the content also in the index. They were well done and converted.

Now the product pages are supp and G traffic dove 20%. I too have had supplemental produce over the past year for specific long tail stuff. Not now as they seem dead to G and alive to Y and M. The pudding tastes rotten.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread