ABW Ambassador
    AOL Search Marketplace - Buy Adwords Directly From AOL

ABW Ambassador
    So if I'm reading all that right, in order to have Adwords ads show thru AOL, you need to go to AOL directly for their White Label Adwords deal they have setup. Right now the ads show on AOL thru the regular Adwords most of us do not sure if/when that is changing over completely but I think the AOL Search Marketplace program starts today but I don't see a sign up link unless I'm missing it.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    How much extra free time do they think advertisers have on their hands? If this continues to others, will I have to log in and manage ppc campaigns in 20 different places - campaigns that are all the same and use virtually the same ad serving technology, but are separated into different advertising interfaces? Oh joy. That said, something needs to happen.

I had hoped G would stop contaminating their search network with junk to prevent AOL ad revenue (i.e. bid levels) from being forced to cross-subsidize the junk comingled into the G "search network" bucket...

Smart move for AOL, because G's choices were devaluing AOL's traffic vis-a-vis G's search network partner selection.

When you throw rotten apples into a barrel of good apples and the good apple guy then wants to barrel his own apples so they can be sold for their higher worth, who's the bad guy... it certainly isn't the good apple vendor.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    G will lose revenue because they can no longer sell the bad apples for more than they're worth -AND- they'll get a smaller cut from the good apples as well.

G had (and has) everything it needs to be properly motivated to sort the good apples from the bad... and they failed to do so to the good apple vendors satisfaction. That's the shame of this situation. My dad's generation talked about stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in partnership deals - not because they were puritanical, but because they realized it's just good business.

Last week, I saw an adsense ad for Vomba. Vomba is adware that bad actors use to poach shopping carts, just like Zango. Poaching carts reduces the willingness of merchants to run ppc - because the poaching lowers their adwords ROI. So why in the world would G ignore the situation and allow poison like Vomba into the adsense network... why give cheaters the avenue to grow... it's ludicrous. G is supposed to be so smart and they've got the "do no evil" motto, yet adware companies are allowed to be advertisers in G's network... they talk about quality landing pages and relevance... G needs to smarten up! I am beginning to think the on-duty chefs, cots for napping and richie rich stock options are turning them into lazy lunkheads...

Wonder if they ever serve rotten apples in the Googleplex cafeteria... and if they all say "Yummy!" when they eat them.

Perhaps their motto is morphing to become "see no evil"...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread