Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    It's the 10th... Anything locked yet?
    Nothing here.
    The dreaded Zappos reversals usually hit on the 9th. Hasn't happened yet either.
    My March turned out to be the best month EVER, I just want it locked. How's it looking on your end?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    Nothing here.
    The dreaded Zappos reversals usually hit on the 9th. Hasn't happened yet either.
    My March turned out to be the best month EVER, I just want it locked. How's it looking on your end?
    Nothing is locked on my account yet neither, but give it some time...

Nothing locked here either, hoping the free overnight shipping doesn't accompany increased return rates for Zappos. Maybe they'll drop down to 20% return rates since everyone will be so happy to get thier shoes even faster. As long as that isn't an issue, should be a decent month.

I predict higher return rates, at least by a couple percent.

It looks awful so far, returns starting to filter through, higher than 50% on some individual days. Sure hope the whole month doesn't come through like that. 20% cut in payouts might be workable if return rates come in at 33% but much higher than that and it becomes a losing proposition. March was looking like a decent month till returns started coming through.

Nothing locked here either. I was wondering the same thing.

Here come the reversals..
    ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch...

I just had about two grand reversed from my account.
    It really felt like they did it with pliers throgh my ass without anestesia.
    Somebody, please make it stop...

OMG, the reversals

38% , and its not stopping.

It just might hit 50%

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Are you guy talking about just Zappos or CJ overall?

I'm not in Zappos' program and have seen no unusual or significant reversals this month.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OMG, I wonder if we will get paid this month! It is the 10th, OMG! Nothing has dropped. I am pulling all my CJ links!

I am with you. This stresssing about getting paid by them every month is making my face break out.

Flamingo.
    Kiss. My. Ass.

Anne.
    You can do the other buttock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    Flamingo.
    Kiss. My. Ass.

Anne.
    You can do the other buttock.

Thanks but I am trying to cut back, lol! Happy birthday though!

Wow, how rude.

merchants have through the 10th to reverse or extend, so transactions don't generally lock until the 11th.... or 12th... or whenever CJ feels like locking them. Very few reports of "lock abuse" if you will have ever surfaced, so I'm not sure what the concern is about. If you're hoping for a 0% reversal rate on shoe merchants due to their missing the lock deadline, keep dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Are you guy talking about just Zappos or CJ overall?

I'm not in Zappos' program and have seen no unusual or significant reversals this month.
    On the returns it is Zappos. The returns are always big but the free overnight shipping seems to have increased them even more. Combine that with a 20% cut in payouts and if you spend anything much to drive sales, any profit from Zappos hinges on the return rates.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thanks, Superstar. I figured so, but 38-50% reversals is pretty scary to think of.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Just gotta plan for it but that reversal rate keeps going up..........Global Industrial has been even higher lately but lots more sales flow through Zappos.

In terms of the Zappos situation, much, much higher return rates. Need to think about what I am going to do with them, certainly pull back a lot more.

Historically, I would see about 30% returns, that has moved up to a pretty consistent 33% Returns over the past 6 months. Now, last month was 37.5%. Highest ever. Zappos needs to re-think this madness. Are you really selling more, or are people just returning stuff more? Is it worth the increase in cost (shipping is a huge cost for them)? Is it worth upsetting all your affiliates and losing sales?

I still don't understand what is wrong with talking about locking or getting paid. It doesn't hurt anything or anyone, and has actually helped others by keeping people updated. Several have learned they needed to contact CJ as there was a problem with their account and got it worked out.

I say if you don't want to talk about it, don't make those that do feel like crap everytime they wish to do so. IMHO.

It is just that every month we have the same type of posts. CJ has always paid on time or within a day or so. What is the big deal if one day behind? If you are living that close on a budget you really should find another income to supplement yours.
    I could understand if it was a network with a history of payment issues but CJ isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    It is just that every month we have the same type of posts. CJ has always paid on time or within a day or so. What is the big deal if one day behind? If you are living that close on a budget you really should find another income to supplement yours.
    I could understand if it was a network with a history of payment issues but CJ isn't one of them.
    What is the HARM in the discussion? You are assuming that ABW never gets any new members that might not have read the previous threads in such matters? That perhaps others like talking to others in the same industry and want a little reassurance? How does that hurt anything?

Also in the past it has been shown that delay after slight delay led to BIGGER delays that actually do affect people and payments. If you don't really care, and are just happy with everything in CJ land then there is nothing, nothing, saying you have respond or read the whole thread or responses.

I now do a lot more with CJ and it is important to me to stay on top of things, monitor the numbers, and check on advertisers and CJ themselves. It may not be important to some, but to others it is important and worthy of discussion.

Again, IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast