Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    The reason we are voting today is because of the work HAIKO has done in defeating parasites.

There are many first time posters here, all voting for the same two candidates: I would suggest that those voters educate themselves as to who is the most qualified to represent them at this meeting!

Haiko has spent the last year crucifying the parasites, and organising resistance to them.

Haiko has built a web site, in fact, for the express purpose of defeating them.

None of the other candidates has close to the success that he has had in forcing networks and parasites to back down.

If we do not succeed in this meeting, it will cost us all MONEY. Do you understand that?

Voting for the least qualified candidates is going to cost you money.

People are using their short term anger to guide their voting instead of common sense.

Any ABW member that has not voted or would like to change their vote before the deadline, should do so NOW.

Any IAFMA member coming here for the first time needs to understand that it is VERY important that HAIKO attend that meeting. He is the only reason you are voting today. Please consider including him in your vote.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    would like to change their vote before the deadline, should do so NOW.

Any IAFMA member coming here for the first time needs to understand that it is VERY important that HAIKO attend that meeting. He is the only reason you are voting today.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Changing of Votes should NOT be allowed! Bad enough people aren't allowed to vote in privacy but have to state in public who they wish to vote for.

And any IAFMA member coming here should also take the time to read the board and find out why many of us ABW members refuse to vote for Haiko and prefer Shawn and Elisabeth to be the ones to represent us.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

Is this an effort to sway the voters? Part of me thinks that is inappropriate while the other part of me remembers all those people with signs outside my local polling place dancing up and down with all their signs.

But in this case I think we should leave well enough alone. We can't educate them on the candidates in just a few hours. We can only hope that they only vote if they know something about the candidates.

I don't think changing of votes should be allowed. It would have been nice if rules about the vote were clearly stated before it started, but quite frankly, the vote probably would never have gotten off if we had done that.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes Haiko has done a lot of work, but he's not the only one that has done something about it.

Fighting parasites started long before ABW even began, and alot of people have done work.

IF the other groups chooses to vote for their representation, then so be it, This should be a group effort among all affiliates, not about just what has gone on at ABW, and not about only participants at ABW.

IMHO I think all affiliates should be invited, it after-all effects all of us.

Its a touchy subject when it comes to "Who do you want to represent you as an affiliate"

Obviously you want someone "you can trust" and the other boards, Obviously "trust" their own, just as ABW trusts their own.

Parasites affect all affiliates in general and not just those that are big participates at ABW.

Perhaps those who want "Haiko" to represent them, contact Wayne and the rest to decide if a 3rd person of representation be allowed. But that should be among the networks, and meeting members.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

15 years and counting
    Is it correct to allow first time posters to vote?
    Who are they? Real affiliates or parasite friends? Who knows?

A list with all the qualified voters should have been established before opening the vote.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Zeus,

It's funny that these first time posters are using their real names and posting their urls. This vote is open to anyone. BTW, how do I know that you're not a parasite, you have an email addy thats it. I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me. These first time posters are affiliates just like you and have just as much at stake as you do.

The affiliate community does not start and end at ABW.

Dr. Evil

Canfree-
    I'm not suggesting that others have not helped.

I am suggesting that the singlemost influential individual in this fight is being excluded, and that is going to cost all of us money.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    I am suggesting that the singlemost influential individual in this fight is being excluded, and that is going to cost all of us money.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you are basing your assumptions that he has been the most influential on the subject based on what FACTS?

Also where is your proof that Haiko not being there will cost us money?

He already has cost us money by informing the parasites of the last link overwriting episode instead of contacting the proper legal authorities to investigate Wire Fraud and Theft.

The networks involved have also cost us money by continuing to work with the Parasites who have proven multiple times now that they can't be trusted.

Heidi

Any IAFMA member coming here for the first time needs to understand that it is VERY important that HAIKO attend that meeting. He is the only reason you are voting today. Please consider including him in your vote.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elbowcreek,

If you are trying to state that the iamfa people are not able to vote properly for Haiko because they don't know him, I'm not certain that is correct. I have been a member of iamfa for some time and have seen Haiko post there several times (and his signature includes an ABW link). I beg to differ with you, but I think they DO know who Haiko is.

But I don't think you should state that he is the only reason we are voting here today. This vote could have easily got started at iamfa and we would be criticized for being the outsiders.

Without Shawn Collins, would we still be sending a rep to a meeting where we will have a chance to alter policy? YES

Without Elisabeth, would we still be sending a rep to a meeting where we will have a chance to alter policy? YES

Without Haiko, would we still be sending a rep to a meeting where we will have a chance to alter policy? NO

You're sounding a little defensive, Heidi, surely you are not suggesting that there is any other possible answer to the above questions? Those are quite factual.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Oh, and, once again, I am NOT criticizing people for being outsiders. As I have stated before, they are perfectly legitimate voters. As they have not been on this board before, they may not be aware of all the contributions that HAIKO has made to this fight. Are you criticizing me for wanting to educate voters before they vote?

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

No, but you are saying they are outsiders. How do you know that? I visit forums all the time and read for months sometimes before I join. How do we know that they are not doing the same? I'm sure they don't appreciate you being so critical about them. It's hard to gain future supporters, too, when you are criticizing them.

I've been a member of iamfa for some time now and never posted there. Does that make me an outsider?

By outsiders, I mean, simply, they have never visited here before. I have made that adequatly clear.

In case you didn't understand my point, above:

Without Shawn Collins, would we still be sending a rep to a meeting where we will have a chance to alter policy? YES

Without Elisabeth, would we still be sending a rep to a meeting where we will have a chance to alter policy? YES

Without Haiko, would we still be sending a rep to a meeting where we will have a chance to alter policy? NO

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

One last comment to 7-days.

Your comment:
    I'm sure they don't appreciate you being so critical about them
    - - - -- - ---

Is completely misleading. Are you doing that on purpose, to influence any readers? I have not said one thing critical of them.

Are you attacking me merely because I want to make sure that they are aware of Haiko's contributions before they vote? It sure seems that way.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Why are we even discussing this. I just went into the vote forum and clicked on every person's name there that had just one post. Most of them have been members of ABW since January (and this was the first thing they decided to post on). Only abut four registered in the last two days.

I think we are stiring up trouble here that we really don't need to be. Hey, we just had four new people join. Let's welcome them, thank them for their vote and encourage them to participate. Let's not turn them away.

You're sounding a little defensive, Heidi, surely you are not suggesting that there is any other possible answer to the above questions? Those are quite factual.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defensive? Hardly. The fact of the matter is this issue would be mute if it had been given to the proper Law Enforcement Agencies. What the parasites did is theft and the networks and some merchants still condone it.

And Haiko could have informed the proper authorities without letting them know who he was, they do have hotlines so he personally would not have been put at risk. Instead the parasites were given a chance to reform again and keep the money they stole from all of the affiliates who had their links overwritten.

Heidi

One last comment to 7-days.

Your comment:
    I'm sure they don't appreciate you being so critical about them
    - - - -- - ---

Is completely misleading. Are you doing that on purpose, to influence any readers? I have not said one thing critical of them.

Are you attacking me merely because I want to make sure that they are aware of Haiko's contributions before they vote? It sure seems that way.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just saying this is really futile, based on the very small number of newcomers.

Elbowcreek,

This meeting is not being run by affiliates. It is being run by Wayne Porter who was asked to facilitate the meeting. Wayne has stated repeatedly that affiliates have NO VOTE at the meeting only the opportunity to present papers in digital format and that our representatives will summarize what those papers say. No one will be able to set policy other than the networks.

Okay, Heidi, why don't you go ahead and inform the proper authorities? If you have been stolen from, I believe you have a number of months if not years in which to report the crime.

Go ahead, take the lead, show us what you got, and bring these guys to justice. If you have the evidence, by all means, present it to the FBI or your local law enforcement.

Just because Haiko is taking a different approach than you, it doesn't mean you have to stand still.

Go forth and prosecute! If you bring them to their knees, I'll be voting for you next time, as the most influential candidate in this particular issue.

In case anyone missed my point, here it is:

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Elbowcreek,

I get your point. But let us all remember what all has gone on here the last few weeks. Haiko may have gotten us here, but he sure did not help himself or us with the behaviour that was shown here recently on these boards (and chat rooms I don't belong to). Those newcomers, and all of them are not that new as I pointed out, may only remember that.

All of us seem to forget what happened a year ago, but most of us can remember what happened a few weeks ago.

I hope you get my point.

it doesn't mean you have to stand still.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoever said I or some others were standing still? I'm not one to brag or need the pat on the back for my accomplishments in life as some people here are.

I am fighting this issue in my own way, just pointing out why I disagree that Haiko not being there has any impact on us financially since he has already cost us financially twice as a matter of fact by not going to the authorities the first time he discovered the theft of our affiliate commissions.

He is the self proclaimed voice of the affiliates after all and protecting affiliates is what he is supposed to do.

I don't see how informing parasites of their misdeeds protects us when theft is theft and if any of the rest of us did that we would be banned from the networks and even this forum if we "stole" someone elses keywords or page descriptions without a 2nd chance or 3rd chance.

If you or he can't stand the heat of an opposing viewpoint - get out of the kitchen.

Heidi

Hiya Doc, it's sure good to see ya here. And in answer to your comment, I would say, Yes, you are right, as usual. However, I want someone that will understand the nuances of their agenda, that can respond and get our point across whenever the opportunity arises, someone who will get as much accomplished in as short a time as possible.

No one in this fight has done more than Haiko, and I think people are basing a long term decision on their short term memory.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast