Thread: Nothing to do with affiliate marketing !! - Led Zep!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Cool Nothing to do with affiliate marketing !! - Led Zep!
    Hi all

I was just sitting here in our office and everyone has left its 11pm in the Uk right now so I turned to the CD player and slammed in Led Zeppelin!!

Cranked it right up and felt inspired to post about this amazing band !!!

I love Led Zeppelin - its taken all my stress away as I rock out while thinking how to develop our business

If it all works out well ill have Zep to thank in part and if it doesnt well ill rock out and I'm sure ill still feel great :-))

Anyone else know just how good this band of Legend is?

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

ABW Ambassador
    Great band in my top 10 list. Never knew about them growing up, was listening to other stuff/they were before my time. But when I was going to school I had an overnight job and we would listen to music all night long and usually on the rock station and they would do "rock blocks" 3 or 4 songs for each band. After a few years, I knew them all. I actually owned every cassette from them that came out, but later sold them. Right now I think I just have one of the boxed sets for them on CD.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Don't hold me to this, but I *think* I saw Led Zeppelin on their first American tour. I saw Joe Cocker in concert in Boston in 1968 and I'm pretty sure they opened for him. Problem is back then he was a somebody and they were a nobody so I'm not really clear on the whole thing.

I wish I could find out if they did in fact open for Joe Cocker on that tour.

Did you know that any time you hear "Stairway To Heaven" on the radio it's probably because the DJ is having digestive problems? Really, it's true.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Whooooo Hoooo Malcolm, Zep is one of my all time favorite bands, too! No better "crank it and rock out" music to be found.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Excellent band
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Rhea wrote:
    Don't hold me to this, but I *think* I saw Led Zeppelin on their first American tour.
    Is that one of those "if you remember the 60s, you weren't there" things?
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I like Led Zepplin, but Robert Plant is an arrogant ass. He was at Rock-Fest in Wisconsin a few years ago and my brother in law went to meet him and he was really rude.

Internet Cowboy
    Where's that confounded bridge?

Thank you, Malcolm, for being one of the few people to ever spell the band's name right.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Has anyone seen the bridge?

They rock hard. I work in server rooms most days and use my MP3 player heavily. They normally have a few tracks on everyone of my play lists.

Saw them in seventh grade before I knew who they were, I was impressed and that got me listening to them.

Take care,

Brian

Agree they're a great band Lots of great bands and individuals from then...and lots from the UK

Rhea -
    Joe Cocker in concert in Boston in 1968 only thing I could find was Marmalade. For some reason that's a toughie searching for that. But.....found this about Led Zeppelin:
    Early in 1969, Led Zeppelin set out on their first American tour, opening for Vanilla Fudge, and helped set the stage for the January release of their first album.

Did you know that any time you hear "Stairway To Heaven" on the radio it's probably because the DJ is having digestive problems? Really, it's true.

lol

Hey Purplebear thanks for the info. Okay so if it wasn't Led Zep then I'm thinking it was Fleetwood Mac. It's been driving me crazy for years not being able to remember who opened for that show.

These guys had magic. And I don't mean any reference ot the "occult mystique" that surrounded them. They had a certain kind of rare magic that very few artists or musicians are ever able to even imagine, much less harness and take command of.

The drugs certainly did contribute to that I can't imagine a Zeppelin, a Hendrix, a Beatles without the LSD influence. And I'm not sure that I'd want to :P
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Kinda an old thread but Hell Ya! Led Zeppelin is the best!. Next time I go thru Mississippi I intend the make the pilgrimage myself to the intersection of Hwy 49 and US 60 in Clarksdale like the boys did in homage to Robert Johnson. I'll scoop up some of that hallowed ground and maybe sell samples of it on ebay!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Zep makes me wish i were a musician. Their music shatters the walls of even the most uptighty. For me, it can induce dreamy euphoria - I can't figure out if it's the music itself that does it, or if it's a flashback to the midnight laserlight shows at the planetarium.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Zep makes me wish i were a musician. Their music shatters the walls of even the most uptighty. For me, it can induce dreamy euphoria - I can't figure out if it's the music itself that does it, or if it's a flashback to the midnight laserlight shows at the planetarium.
    It's the corrupted brain cells.

Zep just rocks. They're one of the bands that puts the magic in music
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    For the Zep fans, saw this:

"Led Zeppelin, which is reuniting for a one-off charity gig in London on Dec. 10, appears to be positioning itself to make the Biggest News in the History of Rock: a new album and world toura prospect described by Billboard's Ray Waddell as "like twenty Super Bowls rolled into one."

http://www.slate.com/id/2179112/nav/tap3/?GT1=10733

"Led Zeppelin, which is reuniting for a one-off charity gig in London on Dec. 10,"

Good to know!
    [runs to spotlight LedZep T-Shirts]

These Classic Bands just do not disappear.

Sheesh don't I wish I could be there for that.

Okay, for those of you who love blues, you have to check out Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival that's being shown on PBS now. We watched it last night and I thought my head would explode from happiness. Steve Winwood, B.B. King, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Vaughan, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray and on and on.

Oh, and Rexanne, this one's for you. The bass player with Jeff Beck is the bomb! Tiny little woman who looks like she's 14 and she's amazing. Check her out at Tal Wilkenfeld.

I lurves me some Zep. I own all the cassettes, but have no player for them anymore I got the 4-disc box set that came out in the early 90's, so I'm thrilled that they're finally on iTunes and Rhapsody. One of these days I'll spring for the whole shebang.

On a related note, I DO NOT want them to do a new studio album. I like some of Plant's solo stuff, I like a bit of what Page has done in recent years, but the thought of a 3/4 reunion and tour makes me ill. The fad of having classic bands reuniting... I can't stand it. Leave history alone, I say. Besides - if you can't do the original line-up, it's not going to be the same. Van Halen isn't Van Halen without Michael Anthony, and Led Zeppelin isn't Led Zeppelin without Bonzo. /

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea

Oh, and Rexanne, this one's for you. The bass player with Jeff Beck is the bomb! Tiny little woman who looks like she's 14 and she's amazing. Check her out at Tal Wilkenfeld.
    COuldn't find a decent representation of her playing anywhere. :-( So far, I'm not impressed. Hope to hear more - potential is certainly there.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

22. Newsletter Signup