Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up Affiliate RSS Feeds - The Real Deal
    I have been noticing a lot of hype lately about Affiliate RSS Feeds.

So my question is this: When you hear/read about Affiliate RSS Feeds what do you think of? Do you think of notification systems for new offers, announcements, new advertisers at a network, etc? Or do you think of RSS feeds using your embedded Affiliate ID on the outbound links to set cookies?

Just to be clear: With our Affiliate RSS feeds we embed your Affiliate ID in a multitude of product level and promotional campaign links through pure RSS technology.

I wanted to make sure Affiliates knew this so I spent a good chunk of my day today writing an article for our blog on this topic. Affiliates are just scratching the surface with this technology and I am proud to say that AvantLink is leading the charge in incorporating RSS with Affiliate tracking campaigns!

From the article:
    First and foremost, in the context of this post, when I refer to Affiliate RSS Feeds Iím talking about product-level campaigns that deep link to corresponding merchant product detail pages. I am not referring to an RSS notification system for new promos, new merchants or company news (although, we have RSS feeds for these features, too!). I mean actual RSS feeds embedded with your Affiliate ID that can be published to your web pages and/or syndicated around the web...
    If this technology interest you here is the full article:

Embedded Affiliate RSS Feeds from AvantLink

(the article is complete with examples of these robust RSS Affiliate tools in action)

Thanks, Gary M

ABW Ambassador
    I think merchants and affiliates will start to use RSS a lot more once they understand the benefits of it, the other networks are only just starting to implement it now but AvantLink have been the first to offer proper organized RSS feeds.... Notifications and all are fine but the big thing with RSS is that promotions and links can be delivered in real time to our sites. So instead of grappling with getting links out off emails which is time consuming and unreliable, affiliates like myself that work with thousands of merchants can set up the feeds to be streamed live to our sites and never have to mess with those email links again plus these are delivered in real text (not Javascript). I'm just about to read your blog article now....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I have a related question here

I'm grappling with RSS feeds in terms of how to use them and how to publish my own, so any advice would be appreciated
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Try reading the blog article I included above. Lots of additional information is there.. GBM

Thumbs up RSS Technology
    I just started this affiliate stuff a couple of months ago and preliminary observations are that RSS Technology is bar-none the easiest to work with. Beyond the "pulling links out of email" .. WOW do I hate downloading those "comma-delimited" or "pipe-delimited" files ....deleting all the outdated and improperly formatted stuff ...and then importing to the database.

The beauty of setting up a CRON job to read in a RSS file is invaluable.

I started the affiliate stuff so that I could truly advise our online retailer customers as to what network they should use. (It sure got addicting, though).

nicayla,

Thanks for your encouragement!

If you like the RSS feeds, take a look at the request builder for the Affiliate API now under 'Tools' when you login.

Hint: We have some announcements to make next week on another industry first in Affiliate marketing technology..

...but have a sneak peak as it's already live in the Tool center.

Gary M

To be honest I can't imagine why all big merchants didn't start using RSS feeds sooner.

It's just plain obvious!

Hey there Andrew,

A lot of merchants do have stand alone store RSS feeds already..

But we've given merchants in our network the ability to offer their Affiliates tracking-embedded RSS feeds. Most all merchants in our network update their feeds to us daily (a few even more often), so therefore if Affiliates are using the RSS config options for several of the tools, they'll have that updated price and inventory content on their site automatically. An added bonus is that the RSS content that outputs to their pages is spiderable, allowing the search engines to read and index the pages accordingly.

How in detail
    Can someone explain to me how after the blog is built what steps there are to make all thix happen.

I have a small vintage car part site with a blog, how do I have folks tap into it.
    I put the items in a blog page.
    Now what?

Hi Dan,

I am not sure how this relates to this thread which is about RSS feeds with Affiliate tracking links embedded in them...

Do you mean how would you automate a blog to grab updates to an RSS feed? For example, nicayla mentions above "setting up a CRON job to read in a RSS". That would be a great topic to start a thread about!

Maybe try starting a new thread in Midnight Cafe to ask folks specific questions on what you're trying to accomplish. If I know the answer, I'll chime in

Gary M

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread