Zappos situation. Orwell style.
    Zappos. Overnight shipping both ways. The winner? FEDEX!
    Imagine this.
    FedEx employees order thousands of dollars worth of shoes. Bring the trucks. Load them. Drive around the corner and park for a few days. They don't even need to ship anything anywhere. Bring the trucks back. Unload. Bill Zappos. Hi-five each other.
    Order again. Rinse and repeat.

GUYS! Let's all start ordering tons of shoes and return them on a massive scale.
    Maybe then these jerks will finally get it?

Is it Zappos fault that people buy shoes online and return them?

ABW Ambassador
    Customers seem to like it. If you're not making money with Zappos anymore, great thing is there are plenty of other shoe merchants out there to choose from. They must be doing something right because people seem to stay with them regardless of reversal rates and commission drops. Why?

Flamingo...
    You really enjoy getting spanked, don't you?
    Migrate south already.

So what, I can't reply to anything without you being rude? What is your problem?

You seem to be really anal, or at least have a butt fixation.

Are you implying that Zappo's is corrupt?
    OR
    Are you implying that Fedex is corrupt ( or they should be ) ?
    OR
    Are you implying that we should be corrupt?
    OR
    Do you think that Zappos SHOULD charge shipping?

Your post makes no sense. If you are running a merchant that you are not profiting from, find a new merchant. Last I heard they were not holding affiliates hostage.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Billy Kay IS somebody!
    LOL - how long has THAT been there?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    LOL - how long has THAT been there?
    Haven't you always been somebody?

Man Kimberly is a woman who obviously doesn't understand women.

What chick buys shoes online and then when she tries them on doesn't have second thoughts?

God you have a vagina think like you have one.

As for fedex making money probably not. Zappos makes more money than you think on shipping, and FedEx is their logestics partner, it probably cost them 3 bucks to ship something overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Haven't you always been somebody?
    I thought he was somebody the last two times I saw him.

I feel myself having a reaction to this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by kea12345678
    I feel myself having a reaction to this statement.
    Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.
    I felt like your comment might be snide. I really don't know what your intention was. Maybe you were supporting me?

This was my way of saying that the statement could be construed as sexist without trying to be confrontational. I don't think HardwareGeek meant it to be taken that way, but it is important to know that the comment could be taken that way. While gender differences exist, the comment reinforces gender stereotypes.

I mean, I am a man, but I also have second thoughts when I buy shoes or when I shop in general.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    the statement could be construed as sexist without trying to be confrontational. I don't think HardwareGeek meant it to be taken that way, but it is important to know that the comment could be taken that way. While gender differences exist, the comment reinforces gender stereotypes.
    Yeah, personally I was a bit miffed at these statements:

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    What chick buys shoes online and then when she tries them on doesn't have second thoughts?

Firstly, I don't have any problem buying shoes online. Before the net, I bought 'em from catalogs. Always the same brand, so I know they're going to fit. So I have no problems being able to buy shoes without returning them.

And I'm not ABOUT to start thinking like he suggests and GET such problems, either!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    This was my way of saying that the statement could be construed as sexist without trying to be confrontational. I don't think HardwareGeek meant it to be taken that way, but it is important to know that the comment could be taken that way. While gender differences exist, the comment reinforces gender stereotypes.

I mean, I am a man, but I also have second thoughts when I buy shoes or when I shop in general.
    Sexists, racists, homophobes, anti-semites...often don't mean for their comments to be taken negatively by the recipient. That doesn't make them any less wrong. HardwareGeek, you are totally out of line and you should apologize and remove your comment.

You've sullied your reputation here, I can assure you. You deserve a time out.

I felt like your comment might be snide. I really don't know what your intention was. Maybe you were supporting me?
    Perhaps you should have been more clear. Your idea of a reaction and mine must be two different things...lol!

My comment isn't sexiest I am just telling the original poster to think like a woman instead of just a business person.

You have to think like the demographic you're selling to, to understand how they think. Zappos demographic (never married, childless women ages 25 to 44) It appears to me that Kimberly has lost touch with her feminine side when she can't figure out why reversals for Zappos would be high during a free shipping promotion. I was just trying to tell her she needs to re introduce her self with it. Not offend anyone.

People get offended easily now a days but Kimberly tends to be rude in her post and replys to people, and sometimes to get through to a person like that you have to sink to their level so that they can understand. But two wrongs don't make a right.

I'd however ask a mod to remove my comment to prevent any further problems. And I apologize for offending anyone, as i was not my intention, I guess I did't think of how people would take the comment.

Another thing to consider when promoting Zappos, don't they offer a 110% price comparison gurantee, I am sure they take money ut of your comish when a customer wants that gurantee.

ABW Ambassador
    Your comment was sexist (and very crude) any way you slice it.

Now you are saying what you presume to be Zappos demographic. What is your source?

I agree that Kimberly tends to be rude in some of her posts. You, on the other hand, stepped totally out of line and there is no purpose served by your comment if it was to stoop to her level because that's actually not what you did.

I'm glad that you apologized and I hope that your comment will be removed.

I can absolutely assure you that merchants do not penalize affiliates when a customer invokes a best price guarantee.

To me, when a person makes a comment as fact that they have absolutely no basis to make, it questions their credibility. In your last post, you made at least one such comment and likely two of them.

Stick to what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Kimberly tends to be rude in her post and replys to people, and sometimes to get through to a person like that you have to sink to their level so that they can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I agree that Kimberly tends to be rude in some of her posts.

Kimberly,
    You simply MUST get your butt to Miami in July to get a SCOOTER HUG. I think once you get a nice big hug from Scooter, you will feel the love that ABestWeb is known for. No need to be rude to people here! Embrace the love instead!

You guys...
    It's not my fault that this time of the month (PMS) always falls on that time of the month (CJ locking).
    It's called PCMJS - Pre-Commission Menstrual Junction Syndrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Your comment was sexist (and very crude) any way you slice it.

Now you are saying what you presume to be Zappos demographic. What is your source?

I agree that Kimberly tends to be rude in some of her posts. You, on the other hand, stepped totally out of line and there is no purpose served by your comment if it was to stoop to her level because that's actually not what you did.

I'm glad that you apologized and I hope that your comment will be removed.

I can absolutely assure you that merchants do not penalize affiliates when a customer invokes a best price guarantee.

To me, when a person makes a comment as fact that they have absolutely no basis to make, it questions their credibility. In your last post, you made at least one such comment and likely two of them.

Stick to what you know!
    Zappos demographic source was a white paper I have from MarketResearch.com from a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    You guys...
    It's not my fault that this time of the month (PMS) always falls on that time of the month (CJ locking).
    It's called PCMJS - Pre-Commission Menstrual Junction Syndrom.
    OMG you made a funny!!! :0) Now you are on the right track girl!

OMG I wanna give Kimberly a nice big hug, just for having more balls than most guys have LOL.

No offense, Connie - you know I wuv you
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    OMG I wanna give Kimberly a nice big hug, just for having more balls than most guys have LOL.
    Hug.
    I eat balls for breakfast.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread