Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ebay Tracking Problems??
    Does anyone else seem to be having Ebay tracking problems? I've been getting my usual 250 to 400 clicks a day through my site that is specifically targeted to it's users. Usually average about 30 to 50 sales per day. That has dropped significantly within the last few days down to an all time low of three sales reported today. The test purchase I made last night did not show up. Wondering if this is a system wide problem for everybody, or if it is something that I have screwed up. Again clicks are normal, sales have tanked.

Thanks
    BEN

Just received the following email:

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

The eBay US affiliate program is experiencing a tracking issue that began on Saturday April 7, and may partially affect your ACRU and RevShare performance. We expect to have this issue resolved shortly. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your continued support of the program.

The eBay.com affiliate team
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Yep just got that myself. Will be interesting to see how much trickles in when they fix it.

whats the difference between 'tracking' and 'reporting'? If they can't track the sales then they are gone? no commission. where as before it was a reporting or they were slow to post the commissions. Sounds like a tracking issue is a bigger problem.

I don't know about Ebay US one but the Ebay Italy just works fine

I'm seeing a significant interruption in income. I just ran a report for the past 120 days that showed the amount of RevShare I got from eBay.com. The median daily amount I made was around $10, the average was around $11.

The lowest amount was April 11, I made just 32 cents.

Prior to that, the next-lowest amount was April 10, when I made $2.

When I run the same query for the same dates in 2006, the minimum amount was $2.48. Clearly, 32 cents is an outlier, and $2 appears to be low also.

I just got this:

Dear (myname):

The eBay US team is working on solving the tracking issue that began on Saturday April 7. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As the issue affects partially your ACRU and RevShare performance, the eBay US affiliate team will calculate a bonus to make up for the transactions. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

I guess it's still an issue. At least they plan on doing something about it.

I see some decent ebay revenue, but not certain that's all of it. Since there is 30% more in my account now that I have no idea where it came from I am assuming CJ is messing around with balances.

Otherwise ebay "looks" fine here, but that doesn't mean a hill of beans.

Tracking problems are bad. At least when CJ did the reporting, we only had reporting problems. But, now with Rover, eBay isn't even tracking sales?

Exclamation The question is when will it be fixed
    problems since the 7th (which explains our terrible sales) and not fixed yet? Scary indeed. I hope they know what they are doing and get it back up soon. I don't get their emails for some reason so I hope someone posts here when it's working again.

Angry
    What's the typical conversion rate on eBay with PPC? I've sent them over 300 uniques for the last 3 days and I am not seeing a single sale or sign up (yep, zilch!).

Over at the eBay discussion boards, they are saying they will "calculate a bonus" for affiliates. Yeah, right! a couple squid there and all the hard work (and money) gone down the drain. This is yet another case of Merchants screwing up and affiliates fitting the bill

My ebay commission dropped 90% last few days. This is the worst tracking problem I have ever seen in three years. This is the email I got from Ebay last Friday:
    "The eBay US team is working on solving the tracking issue that began on
    Saturday April 7. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As the
    issue affects partially your ACRU and RevShare performance, the eBay US
    affiliate team will calculate a bonus to make up for the transactions.
    We will update you as soon as we have more information.

The eBay.com affiliate team"

This is the problem that keeps on giving. Since the tracking cookie rewards us on any winning bids placed for a few (5?) days, and those auctions take a few more days to close, we could be seeing lower commissions for a couple of weeks.

My RevShare commissions averaged $12.41 per day from March 16 until April 6, and they dropped to $2.85 from April 7 to April 14. The last 4 days have averaged $0.61. That's a 95% drop.

Your not alone... My April EPC is 1/4 of what I saw in March. Same traffic levels.

Very frustrating....
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Glad to know I'm not the only one . . .
    . . . for whom things are so bad.

Average Daily eBay CJ Commissions (not including bonus)
    ===========================================

Feb 2007
    ---------
    $63.57

March 2007
    -----------
    $52.18

Apr 1-6 2007
    ------------
    $61.77

Apr 7-15 2007
    --------------
    $16.86 (!!)

As you can see, I'm suddenly down by about $40 a day. At this rate, I may not even hit the $1000 threshold that qualifies me for a 31.3% bonus. When you take that into consideration, I'm set to lose out on over $1500 a month.

That's a figure that roughly equates to my mortgage payment.

Does anyone think they're going to make it up to me with their special "bonus"?

I'm not happy.

At least, thanks to you all, I know I'm not alone.

Except for the email sent on April 13, most of us have been kept on the dark about the tracking issue (yes, this has been going since April 7th, according to the people at eBay themselves). Do they not realise that a lot of affiliates out there are burning their cash on PPC compaigns?

I have now paused my compaigns. I will probably quit promoting eBay alltogether! Same old happenned in Feb apparently and we're back to square one. As far as the bonus is concerned, how on earth are they going to compensate affiliates? They have apparently lost tracking data too...

Sorry for the rant, I have just started on PPC and hard luck I had to go with them. A week's hard effort has truely gone down the drain

Do they not realise that a lot of affiliates out there are burning their cash on PPC compaigns?
    Not only do they realize it, I think it is their sincerest hope.

I was making an average of 8 to 14 sales a day until the 9th of April, It has now been 1 sale a day every day since.

I see that some members have received an email from ebay or cj about this but I have not received any email regarding a tracking problem.

Should I email cj or ebay?

Follow up email
    Got this one a few minutes ago:

The eBay US team has been working to solve the tracking issue that began on Saturday April 7th. A fix was implemented over the weekend and early data is pointing to an overall improvement. Additional data is required to confirm that the fix is complete. We will update you as soon as we have confirmation that tracking is fully restored. At that point, we will assess the full impact of the partial outage and calculate the make good.

Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

A fix was implemented over the weekend and early data is pointing to an overall improvement.
    That isn't exactly inspiring any confidence in me. I don't want an improvement that is visible from looking at data. I want a solution to a known problem.

I'm not buying the "everything is fixed" email yet. My commission for Sunday was much better than it's been since the 7th, but this was mainly due to a single large sale. The number of clicks was still pretty low.

We'll see . . .

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    A fix was implemented over the weekend and early data is pointing to an overall improvement.
    I got the same mail. Maybe it's just me but I'm a binary kinda guy. Tracking is either a 1 or a 0. It either works or it doesn't. The term "overall improvement" doesn't make me feel any better. It's a shame because my scripts were making steady money without having to fiddle with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I got the same mail. Maybe it's just me but I'm a binary kinda guy. Tracking is either a 1 or a 0. It either works or it doesn't. The term "overall improvement" doesn't make me feel any better. It's a shame because my scripts were making steady money without having to fiddle with them.
    Exactly!! I'm a coder myself, and I can't fathom how Rover is only registering click-throughs part of the time. It makes no sense. Every click-through to Rover is a hit on an eBay server that forwards the user to a page on the main eBay website. Like you said, something like this either works or it doesn't. It's not a matter of a new employee having to get up to speed. Something's fishy about their explanation, and none of us will ever find out what's really been going on. I just hope the numbers go back up.

I found rover hasn't worked accurately, and moved a lot of links back to the older links, and they seem to track and credit perfectly still. Though I wonder how long those will work?

ABW Ambassador
    Hopefully they get it all worked. But for something positive, at least they let their affiliates know of tracking problems and then keep us up to date. Most merchants wouldn't say a peep when tracking problems occur.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast