Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is it possible to make a living online anymore?
    It just seems like every idea is taken and every area online is oversaturated with people trying the same thing. Face it. If it was easy to make money online everyone would do it? Has the time come and gone to even try an online profession? Seems like those who got involved with websites 3-5 years ago are the lucky ones.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Well, one way to think of it is that if you keep at it for a few years it might pay off for you. The question is, do you have the time, will and creativity to make an online venture worthwhile?

"Seems like those who got involved with websites 3-5 years ago are the lucky ones."

It only gets harder and harder for everybody. Need to promote more, and more effectively. Easier said than done, but..... more promotional effort is needed than in days of yore. Most free rides are pretty short-lived.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

The web businesses that are working probably didn't come about because of a $47 ebook purchase. Success over the long haul comes from a mix of strategies.

The reason that older web sites are more successful is because there's a learning curve and because the longer somebody stays in business (off line or online) the more they know and the more they have to offer. If they are lucky enough to retain some customers, too - then the business really takes off.

The fact that people are doing it proves it can be done. If everyone was doing it, they would call it getting a job.

It's still possible to make money online, but it's not an easy task. It will take a lot of time and hard work. This is not a get rich quick profession like some claim it to be. Best thing to do is read as much as you can on these boards and go from there.

Knowledge is power, and the more you have of it, the better off you'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by werpaul
    Seems like those who got involved with websites 3-5 years ago are the lucky ones...
    Today it is still all about hard work and persistence as it was back 3, 5, 8, 10 years ago. The top two affiliates with the Russian Legacy program, for example, have been working with me for only 1-2 years (one - for two, the other one - for less than a year), and I can attest to the fact that the money they make on this program alone is enough to live on in any country without doing anything else.

Geno

There are still TONS of ideas for great sites out there.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    It just seems like every idea is taken and every area online is oversaturated with people trying the same thing. Face it. If it was easy to make money online everyone would do it? Has the time come and gone to even try an online profession? Seems like those who got involved with websites 3-5 years ago are the lucky ones.
    Hello werpaul,

Welcome to ABW

I don't know who you are or why you posted this and sometimes there are reasons behind every post, perhaps you have a good reason, an agenda to sell an eBook, or perhaps you are just frustrated working for someone else, I can understand that, I've been there. I've never replied to a post like this one but will make this one the first one. Please note: What I will say below is not directed at you only personally but for others reading that could be loosing hope, wanting to quit or just not even know where to begin.

But every time I see someone post similar comments on what you mention above makes me realize I should do more to promote, motivate, educate and show others that might be reading that "Affiliate Marketing" is one of the best online ventures YOU and many should be in, starting today.

There are many earning a good income online and various ways you can look forward to a great future online by implementing any one of these in your career path, and this is just in the "Affiliate Marketing Space".

- Merchant
    - Network
    - Affiliate
    - Blogger
    - OPM

Some require higher initial $$$ investment and some require little or no initial $$$ investment, but pick one you really like, can afford initially and don't quit. I can go on with more info but will make it brief for now.

Note sure where to start, here's one. "Business Development Manager" [ http://jrami.com/careers.html ] call me for more info. There is NO investment $$$ reqquired but just another online opportunity.

Tax Paying Member

Saying every idea is taken is like saying humans have reached the limit of invention. There will not be any new products for the future.

I got left at the starting gate, therefore I should not run the race.

It takes persistance and hard work. If it was all easy, that dumbass brother-in-law would be rich already .............DO IT BETTER. Build a better mouse trap.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

A Powerwave is coming...
    We are just getting started. E-commerce hasn't even hit critical mass yet (at least 10% of population shopping online). We are in one of the most exciting times to be alive. Powerwaves occur only every so often, and we are at the beginning of one now. These 4 technologies together are about to drive a massive industrial revolution, unlike one the world has never seen.

- Computers in every household
    - Wireless/Mobile Access
    - High Speed Internet
    - E-Commerce

What has happened in the last 10 years, will be nothing compared to the next ten. The Affiliate Marketing industry is positioned well to take advantage of this opportunity. I suggest you learn as much as you can from people who are already in postion to get in front of this wave. Some of them frequent this board and there are lots of ways to get in the game!
    [B]geofferson marcy[/B]
    [I]affiliate manager[/I]
    [URL=http://www.advaliant.com]www.advaliant.com[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.dna11.com]www.dna11.com[/URL]

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    what runs through Donuts head as he reads...

It just seems like every idea is taken and every area online is oversaturated with people trying the same thing.
    this guy lacks creativity... his mom was right about him...

"every" is a very big number...

hmmm, where'd i'd leave that excuse for my latest failure laying around... i know it's here somewhere...

Face it.
    he doesn't know what "it" is, yet he commands others to face "it". huh, like obey "it". like become "it". most people mean face the truth when they say it. but somehow, this guy makes it sound like accpeting failure is the "it". so if we started substituting "failure" for "truth" when we spoke, his world would make sense. hmmm... that's true... i mean... that's a failure. wait, i meant it's true... crap, said "it" there... which was i referring to again. ah. never mind, ignore me. exactly.

If it was easy to make money online everyone would do it?
    notice that little trick... clever. he just set the bar at "easy". started off in my mind like talking about possibilities... thread title = is it possible to make a living online anymore?... now we're moving on to whether it's easy. apply the "easy" standard to other stuff... if it were easy to be a quarterback in the nfl, every one whould di it right?... wait, would everyone do it... does everyone want to do it... can every one do it (how many teams are there)... you see, "easy" is not a standard that matters and it's inclusion here is pointless. this thing called affiliate marketing is not easy, and even if it was easy, everyone would not do it. it is hard, just like becoming a quarterback in the nfl, working your way up to become a manager at taco bell, earning a degree, taking risks, thinking, creating, being.

easy? wtf? dude does NOT know tina turner's most important contribution to humanity!

You see we never ever do nothing
    Nice and easy
    We always do it nice and rough

dude has NOT figured out why Mary was Proud... you wanna brag about something you did that was easy?... Mary will smack you down and then she'll keep on burning. and rolling on the river.

Has the time come and gone to even try an online profession?
    well, did it form, survive infancy, grow, mature, flourish, reign, begin to decay, wilt, decompose and then take it's last gasp and get whisked off to old industry heaven in this guy's 3-post lifetime...

Seems like those who got involved with websites 3-5 years ago are the lucky ones.
    ahhh, the lucky ones - the one's who aren't us. those people with something mystical that I got denied because the universe is unjust...

ahhh, the lucky ones - the one's who got in at the right time and that's why they succeeded... it wasn't their work or their brains, they tripped ass frontwards into the lucky pit... and bad shit is coming their way eventually cuz their luck will run out...

there's no hope for those whose websites are 6 years old...

and if my 2 year, 7 month site were just 5 months older, man, easy street woulda been mine....

ahhh, the lucky ones - time has been so kind to them... they got lucky early in life's luck lotto... but my turn will come... i'll just sit on my ass and ***** and moan right up until my time comes... then when my pimpled butt gets magically buttered with lucky cream, i'll break wind and share the smell of success with everyone...

Hmmmm....I've met and admire many successful people in this industry and they all work their petunias off!!

It takes a while to grow any legitimate business and make a profit. According to most business journals, it takes approximately two years to break even if you are on the right track. The trick is to find something you love to do and you will never have one day of "work."

This is a great vehicle to learn from the best out there. I wish you luck!

Annie
    [FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Book Antiqua]southbeachannie
    [EMAIL="annie@southbeachannie.com"]annie@southbeachannie.com[/EMAIL]
    [url="http://www.southbeachannie.com"]online lifestyle magazine[/url]

[/FONT][/FONT]

ahhh, the lucky ones - time has been so kind to them... they got lucky early in life's luck lotto... but my turn will come... i'll just sit on my ass and ***** and moan right up until my time comes... then when my pimpled butt gets magically buttered with lucky cream, i'll break wind and share the smell of success with everyone...
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I started out just 5 months ago, and I'm doing very well for myself thankyouverymuch. I do kick myself for not jumping in sooner, but better late than never.

Like others have said, it takes work to make money online now just as it did in the past. And just as before, not everyone who jumps in will be successful. Some have what it takes, while others don't... You had started a thread earlier and were given some good advice. Seeing that you didn't even bother with what you were told there, I would suggest that you try another way of making money. Try mowing lawns for the summer...you'll likely do better at that.

My creativity is now rejuvinated - I have some great mental images to work with - as always, thank you Donuts!

Donuts, you're one in a million.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Aha!!

New Biz idea...***Lucky Cream***

Fits right in there with "Liquid Trust" (except you put it on your butt!!).

Phew WEEEE!!

Izat you, Donuts? Arggghhh!!

Writerguy, strangling on Donuts' amazing imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    he doesn't know what "it" is, yet he commands others to face "it". huh, like obey "it". like become "it". most people mean face the truth when they say it. but somehow, this guy makes it sound like accpeting failure is the "it". so if we started substituting "failure" for "truth" when we spoke, his world would make sense. hmmm... that's true... i mean... that's a failure. wait, i meant it's true... crap, said "it" there... which was i referring to again. ah. never mind, ignore me. exactly.
    I faced "it". Then I found "it" on eBay. I made an affiliate link to "it" and drove targeted traffic to "it". Someone who was looking for "it" found "it" through my affiliate link and bought "it". Cha-ching! And no, doing all that wasn't "easy", but it's still possible.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I guess it isn't for you. Oh well, the world still needs ditchdiggers too. Someone still needs to wash my cars, change my oil, cook my fries and bag my groceries. There are plenty of other opportunities out there for you.

"the world still needs ditchdiggers"

Straight from Caddyshack! Gotta love it
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Nope it is no longer possible to make a living online anymore. Just take a look at all those starving and homeless people here at ABW.

Don't listen to him, werpaul! I mean, only look at this:

--- PRINTSCREEN'S START ---

--- PRINTSCREEN'S END ---

These cannot be the words of truth!!

Geno

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Donuts,

Other than the "brief" remarks you made here, how do you really feel about the "luck" theory? I think it's time to set you straight about succeeding at things. I hate to be the one to have to scold you, but you are way off the deep end here amigo, so take this to heart and accept it as fact...

People like you are always claiming that doing stuff like working hard, being persistent, being creative, thinking, "reading", learning, researching, getting good at what you do through effort, trying, staying the course, exercising self discipline, giving honest effort, learning from trial and error, applying lessons learned to improve, taking responsibility for your place in life, and all that other "rah - rah" stuff is what makes people successful! Sheesh! You are so full of it!! Everyone knows that there are only two ways to succeed.

1.) pick the lucky numbers for the powerball jackpot
    2.) be lucky
    (there's a third one too... be lucky enough not to be unlucky)

Even then, neither of the two above are possible anymore because in # 1, there are soooo many people playing the lottery that ALL the lucky numbers are already used up; and in # 2, there are so many lucky people now, that there is no more room for other people to be lucky. So you go ahead and be naive, and keep thinking that creativity and persistence, learning and applying what you learn and staying on a course is going to do anything. But the real problem you have is that you aren't really listening to the root of the problem that stops unlucky people from being lucky.

You just don't get it!! Doing the stuff that you imply it takes to be successful takes time. EVERYONE else has time too - so how the heck am I going to succeed when "everyone" else has time too? The answer is simple... you have to be lucky.

If I have to actually earn my way into succeeding, and everyone else has that same opportunity, how the heck does a regular / unlucky person have a chance to get lucky? You can say all you want about being creative, but if you aren't lucky, it's no good, because "everyone" is capable of being creative, so why even try unless you are one of the "lucky" types.

For those of you who actually believe that achieving success is worth 5 years of your time, good "luck!" I've tried lots of things for as long as four or five weeks, and none of them was ever making me lots of money after "all" that time and effort. So don't tell me that regular people can succeed without being really lucky!!

p.s. Donuts, maybe a couple weeks in the Caribbean, scuba diving, snorkeling, hitting the Cabana, fishing, and NOT reading threads like this would be a good thing about now.... I just hope you are lucky enough to see that!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    I've tried lots of things for as long as four or five weeks, and none of them was ever making me lots of money after "all" that time and effort.
    Well, you've been stopping just short dude. Everyone knows it takes 7 weeks.

As a boat captain, how many seas do people sail on?
    How many visible planets are there?
    Which, btw, lead us to have how many days per week?
    Lady Luck herself wears dice earrings that show?
    How many days did He take to create the world?
    How many habits do highly effective people have?
    Ever counted the pillars of wisdom?
    Or the number of deadly sins?
    Chinese folks celebrate the birth of all humans on which day of the first moon of the lunar year?

It shoulda been obvious to you Alan - it's all around you. Guess you're not very bright.

Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast