Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Merchant Offline
    Shop Sublime is "Temporarily Offline."

Is there a problem? When will Shop Sublime be back online?

Do affiliates need to pull links while this merchant is offline?

It would be appreciated if a rep from SAS could offer any clarification.

Thank you.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    The problem is they're not on Auto Deposit. So if you partner with merchants that aren't on it, the possibility of going offline is just part of the deal. You accept that when you join such merchants.

Gee, I thought they were on Auto Deposit?

Is there an "Auto Deposit Reference Page" with a summary of who's on the list?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Within each merchants view info page ... see the vitals and it will tell you if their on auto deposit.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerWiz
    Within each merchants view info page ... see the vitals and it will tell you if their on auto deposit.
    Thanks for the tip, DesignerWiz
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I have sent him an email

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerWiz
    Where exactly is that information?

This is what I see:

Program Status: Online
    Sale Commission: 10.00 %
    Tracking Cookie lasts for 60 Days after the initial clickthru.
    Campaign Start Date: 21-Jul-05
    Auto-Approval of Affiliates: Yes
    Last Compliance Test Completed: 14-Apr-07
    Okay, so now it's back online *but* I still don't see anything about auto deposit.

When I look at the stats of any merchant where would I find the auto deposit information? Thanks in advance.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    If you go right below that, under Vitals in the long blue rectangle, if they're on Auto Deposit there will be a little black box with the word Auto on it with some green dollar signs underneath. Now you can also use advanced search to search for merchants only on Auto Deposit. The ones that aren't on it, don't exist to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    If you go right below that, under Vitals in the long blue rectangle, if they're on Auto Deposit there will be a little black box with the word Auto on it with some green dollar signs underneath. Now you can also use advanced search to search for merchants only on Auto Deposit. The ones that aren't on it, don't exist to me.
    Thanks for your tips, I'll have to look next time.

I guess a "locked sale" doesn't mean anything if the merchant is offline?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    When a merchant goes offline don't the clicks and transactions still get tracked or recorded.

Does SAS send a notice out to affiliates?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    When a merchant goes offline don't the clicks and transactions still get tracked or recorded.

Does SAS send a notice out to affiliates?
    No & No, SAS does not forward the link to the merchants site, in my case to link of the off line merchant gets redirected to my home page.

Cool
    Well I must say that is a huge flaw in the system, let's say the e-mail from SAS is missed that merchant is offline until maybe an affiliate notifiys them?

Is that the way other networks do it?

They just say the hell with the affiliates, in turn they're losing their 2 points.

If I was running a network with the merchant being the source of bread on my table I would have one of my staff get their respective butts on the phone.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Well I must say that is a huge flaw in the system, let's say the e-mail from SAS is missed that merchant is offline until maybe an affiliate notifiys them?

Is that the way other networks do it?

They just say the hell with the affiliates, in turn they're losing their 2 points.

If I was running a network with the merchant being the source of bread on my table I would have one of my staff get their respective butts on the phone.
    The merchant provides the email address for SaS to contact them. It's the merchants responsibility to be able to receive and monitor those emails. If they don't it just shows how much value the merchants places on their program, or running their business. They are the ones responsible for monitoring their program.

Merchants who don't understand the damage they do when they go offline deserve to lose affiliates. If I have to go replace links because they went offline I will replace them with another merchant. Do you think I'll ever put those links back? Not likely.

The other networks don't do anything. They just let you continue to send free traffic to the merchant for which you'll never get paid. Eventually they will drop the merchants. That could be months down the road.

SaS has an RSS feed that updates merchant status. Subscribe to the feed and you'll know every merchants status. (I actually prefer that method over the email method.) There are other reporting tools in the SaS interface to monitor the merchants.

It's the merchants responsibility to manage their program. If they don't, they lose. Just my opinion, the SaS system is still better than the other networks.

So let ask you this, do you believe email is infallible?

Don't misunderstand, we're on auto deposit.

If my income depended upon it, I still as a network would pickup the phone!
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    If my income depended upon it, I still as a network would pickup the phone!
    and say what... hey, you guys ought to go on auto-deposit since you don't have the time to manage this part of your business...

Do it one time, next time boot em out!
    Bob Pets Warehouse

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Sometimes, I will also look at the merchants "online history" to see if they have gone down and how long. If I really need that merchant, there are no alternatives, and they are not auto-deposit, I might consider them.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

http and a telephoto
    It's the merchants responsibility to be aware of their status at Shareasale, and they should be checking their account daily. You can set it up so that the email about being low on funds goes to several email accounts, so there is no excuse for missing that email. As a merchant you could set up a special email account that alerts you by phone or text message or any one of a million other ways. And as a merchant you can figure out how much you need in your account to stay funded, and how much you need to deposit once you hit low funds. As a merchant I would also strongly suggest that if you go offline and see that your auto deposit kicked in, you go verify that you indeed went back over your notify amount, since large sales can put you in the negative enough to NOT bring you back above your limit.

Rhia, it is up to the merchants, not up to Shareasale, to address monetary problems within their programs.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Sometimes, I will also look at the merchants "online history" to see if they have gone down and how long. If I really need that merchant, there are no alternatives, and they are not auto-deposit, I might consider them.
    I learned the hard way when I first started with SAS - I didn't realize that info was available and the first SAS merchant I joined that I really wanted to heavily promote had a TERRIBLE history, and sure enough, went offline soon after I added their links and made a few sales. Since they had a GREAT commission rate and really nice products, I figured I would wait them out. That didn't work, they stayed offline for several weeks, and as soon as I took down their links, they came back on line. I decided to wait and see before putting them back, and sure enough, they have been offline about 5 of the past 6 months.

I know this is only one merchant, but from my experience with them, I think you need to check the online history, and if it's bad, PASS ON THAT MERCHANT regardless of anything else. Even if they are the only alterrnative, Cheesehead, you still can't make sales if they're offline. Plus, your customers will get steamed if they keep clicking expired links.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The real question there is why is SAS letting them continue to stay on as a merchant?
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The real question there is why is SAS letting them continue to stay on as a merchant?
    Is there anything in the SAS Merchant TOS that covers this?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Rhia, it is up to the merchants, not up to Shareasale, to address monetary problems within their programs.
    I didn't know where to check for the auto deposit status.

Perhaps SAS should make finding that info a little easier?

What happens when the affiliate has so called "locked sales" but the merchant goes offline? Does SAS guarantee those "locked sales" especially if the sales have been locked over time?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

http and a telephoto
    Sales that have been locked are already paid for.

And the autodeposit icon is right on the merchant info page, it isn't hard to find once you know what it looks like
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I think you need to check the online history, and if it's bad, PASS ON THAT MERCHANT regardless of anything else. Even if they are the only alterrnative...your customers will get steamed if they keep clicking expired links.
    If I look at the stats of any merchant I can see whether the merchant is online or offline, but how can I see their stats for being online or offline over a period of time?

If Merchant X has been listed with SAS but has been offline 75% of the time, I'd like to know that information. Where does one look for its history?
    I can see whether it's online or off at the moment but I am not sure about verifying the history.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Rhia,

See "Program Uptime History".
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast