Got Travel Traffic?
    Fact: Everyone loves a nice vacation every now and again.
    Fact: Not everyone can afford one.

Introducing Credit Travel Card, PartnerWeekly's interest-free, no-credit-check travel finance card where EVERYONE is approved! This offer is EXCLUSIVE to PartnerWeekly!

How it works: Consumers join the Credit Travel Card Club for a one-time fee of 79.99. They are then allowed to select from their choice of fantastic vacation packages. After a small down payment, the consumer is allowed to travel and finance the rest of their vacation, interest free! Travel now, pay later!

What's best - at the time of enrollment the consumer will be given a FREE 3 day Orlando or Las Vegas vacation package, just for signing up!

Offer Specs:

http://www.credittravelcard.com
    Payout: $18.00 per valid ACH Submit!
    Affiliates will be paid weekly!
    Fields Required:
    First Name
    Last Name
    Address
    City
    State
    Zip Code
    Home Phone
    I have an active checking account (Y/N)
    Please select your bonus package
    SSN [for verification purposes only]
    DOB [for verification purposes only]
    Bank Name
    Routing Number
    Enter the verification code as shown

Offer Restrictions:
    Lead is gained after valid ACH submit.
    US Traffic Only.
    Must have valid ACH number.

Contact us to sign up today!!!
    Last edited by Joe Lilly; November 21st, 2007 at 11:09 AM.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

ABW Ambassador
    No offense intended, but would you provide your Social Security number and bank info. to a website you knew absolutely nothing about? Their site has "scam" written all over it.

http and a telephoto
    Folks are making a purchase, they provide what they are asked for. You need to provide bank info to complete the purchase, and many people prefer ACH over credit card transactions actually. The choice is there not to complete the purchase if they are not comfortable with providing the requested info.

Why does that make it a scam?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

15 years and counting
    Loxly - Why does that make it a scam?
    I've no idea if it's a scam. I just know I will not give them my:
    SSN [for verification purposes only]
    DOB [for verification purposes only]
    Bank Name
    Routing Number
    PartnerWeekly is a partner of cubisfinancial.com, the real name behind credittravelcard.
    They have to know:
    credittravelcard.com is just an other website for cubisfinancial.com
    credittravelcard.com redirect from time to time to debtremedyinfo.com
    They have so many sites, so many names, I can't keep up with them...
    American Credit, CCA, CCS, CMM, Consumer Credit, Capital Credit, Capital Choice, Credit Plus Rewards, Cubis Financial, Express Gold, CIC Triple Advantage, First National Credit, MRE or Media Resource Exchange, Shopping Essentials, Titanium Blue...
    These sites seem to be linked to William S. Kelly, Eric Peterson, Ben Williams...
    http://www.ftc.gov/os/2000/09/cmmcontinental.pdf

ABW Ambassador
    loxly, I cannot imagine how anyone would provide the requested financial and identity info. to an outfit like this. This company can just as easily accept debit cards or PayPal assuming they are legit. Now based on what Zeus has posted, their credibility is further called into question.

Read their Privacy Policy. It would better be called a Non-Privacy Policy.

Read their Terms & Conditions. They aren't guaranteeing anything. On their website, they claim to be providing credit but in their T&Cs, they say they aren't a credit service organization.

There is no specific information as to when the free 3 night packages in Las Vegas and Orlando can be used or any other restrictions.

There is no telephone number listed on their website (at least that I can find).

Here is a recent RipOffReport on Cubis Financial, the parent of this service:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff237136.htm

To say that it is the consumer's choice to not provide the requested info. if they choose not to complete the purchase doesn't change the facts any differently than someone who proliferates a phishing scam even if no one fell for their scam.

Affiliates come to ABW in part to learn how to protect their own businesses. I suspect most legitimate affiliates wouldn't knowingly promote a company that uses questionable business tactics. Travel scams proliferate both offline and online. I made my initial post in order for affiliates to be aware of what I found. They can make their own decisions.

It's up to Joe if he chooses to promote a company that is documented to have claims filed against it to the Federal Trade Commission and thanks to Zeus, they can read the facts themselves.

http and a telephoto
    I pointed Joe to the thread, he is probably away for the weekend and will come in on Monday. I would not support a phishing scheme or a scam site, and that wasn't the intent of my comment. When you make a purchase it is different from filling out a lead form. That was my only point, knowing nothing about the company.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    When you make a purchase it is different from filling out a lead form.
    Actually, not in the case of the offer being promoted in Joe's post. The lead form is a purchase since you are authorizing them to debit your bank account for $79.99.

As indicated on Partner Weekly's website, they are a SellingSource.com company. It seems as though all of the entities listed in Zeus's post are or were as well. I've read a few of Joe's posts on this forum and it seems as though most of the offers that he promotes are under the same umbrella as Partner Weekly. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Does Partner Weekly represent any companies that have no corporate affiliation with SellingSource or any of its principals?

Further, you may want to run the various entities in Zeus's post through RipOffReport.com. It ain't pretty! Credit Plus Rewards has 4 pages of complaints about unauthorized debits from bank accounts and their address is exactly the same as CreditTravelCard! Anyone providing their bank or identity info. is just writing a ticket to be taken by fraud.
    Last edited by Snowman; April 28th, 2007 at 05:06 PM.

Internet Cowboy
    From their privacy policy:
    We use your contact information to send you information about our company and promotional material from our partners.
    Information collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future telemarketing, e-mails or postal mailings regarding site updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and/or status of orders placed online. By submitting the application, you agree that you may be telephoned even if your number is found on a do not call registry or in-house list.
    Section 3. Disclosure of Data to Third Parties

If you choose to provide personal information, it will be used for the following purposes:

(1) Considering you for a CreditTravelcard.com account

(2) Sharing of your information with trusted third parties such as credit bureaus and or other financial services providers

(3) As required by law

(4) For marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest. We reserve the right to share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data we collect to third parties. Any third party we share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose data to will be carefully prescreened by us, determined by us to be reputable, and will use the personal data for marketing products and services which we determine, in our sole judgment, that you might find of interest.
    Bold added by me.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, Scott, that's what I was referring to when I called it a Non-Privacy Policy.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Actually, not in the case of the offer being promoted in Joe's post. The lead form is a purchase since you are authorizing them to debit your bank account for $79.99.
    That's my point, it is a purchase not a lead. Purchases fall under different rules than do leads.
    Deborah Carney

15 years and counting
    Joe Lilly - What's best - at the time of enrollment the consumer will be given a FREE 3 day Orlando or Las Vegas vacation package, just for signing up!
    EVERYONE is approved!
    If you don't want your visitors to be dissapointed later, ask them to read that, too.

A few firms draw hefty share of complaints.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...516985198.html
    Another Las Vegas-based company with numerous consumer complaints is Consumer Credit Services Inc., which has 743 unresolved BBB complaints and 157 resolved ones for the past three years.

Consumer Credit and Capital Credit solicit in 40 states -- but not Nevada. Is there a reason?

CONSUMER CREDIT SERVICES (CCS)
    http://www.spokane.bbb.org/alerts/al...451&newstype=1
    http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1998/06/ccs.shtm
    http://www.ftc.gov/os/1998/06/compl9.pld.htm
    "Consumers throughout the United States have suffered and continue to suffer substantial monetary loss as a result of the defendants' unlawful acts or practices. In addition, the defendants have been unjustly enriched as a result of their unlawful acts or practices."

First National Credit Card
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/scam_...nsumer_cr.html March & April, 2007
    http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/pres.../may302006.htm

Vegas business makes fat money from fine print. David Lazarus July 7, 2006
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...GHVJL5TF57.DTL
    "It sounds like these guys skate on a thin line of legality" Aaron Carruthers, a spokesman for California Attorney General Bill Lockyer

This offer is intended for a sub prime audience. The reason bank information is entered is that most of these consumers have to pay by ACH. Their credit is too bad to qualify for a credit card. DOB and SSN are required as a fraud check. Data validation is performed on every transaction that comes through to make sure the consumer is not misrepresenting his/her identity. The advertiser is trying to PREVENT fraud, not commit it.

With respect to the laundry list of other companies referenced above, I have checked with Cubis and our corporate counsel and I can tell you that most of the other names and companies listed above are in no way affiliated with PartnerWeekly or Cubis Financial. I'm not sure how Zeus came to a connection between Cubis and "Consumer Credit" and "Capital Credit," but we have no idea who they are, and they are not SellingSource.com companies. The FTC complaints listed above under other company names have nothing to do with this product, nor with Cubis Financial.

Is Cubis Financial listed in Ripoff Report? Unfortunately, yes. However, this has to be taken in the context of the nature of the business and volume of annual transactions. They process millions upon millions of annual transactions from sub prime consumers. Even exercising best practices, given the volume you will have some unsatisfied customers. If you look at the reports of other companies, you'll see many of the same types of complaints. Heck, my bank (U.S. Bank) is even listed as a "Top Offender," and I have nothing but good things to say about them. So are Wal Mart, Best Buy, Capital One, Circuit City, Dell, eBay, Fairfield Resorts, Wells Fargo, GEICO, HP, JP Morgan Chase, Overstock.com, Paypal, T-Mobile…this list goes on and on. Many of the companies listed above are great companies who just happen to have some dissatisfied customers. Cubis Financial is the same way.

With reference to the privacy policy - that simply is what it is. You may not agree with a merchant's data usage policy. If so, you should move on and work with another merchant.

If affliates are interested in finding out more about our policies and practices and those of our advertisers and merchants, they can feel free to contact me.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

13. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread