When did I become a pessimist?
    I believe all boys are going to try to take advantage of my little girl. Who is (hopefully) years from even being interested in boys. (One girl in her grade 3 class has a grade 4 boyfriend - I don't know what that means in grade 3 or 4 but from the way all their friends talk its quite fashionable)

I honestly believe most new posters are spammers of one sort or another. (Even though we have had some really great contributing users come I can't shake the feeling)

If they don't spam, I believe they are doing that thing where they create multiple users and respond to each other to get privileges to then start spamming. (Everytime I see 4 or 5 people posting with 4 or 5 posts all welcoming each other I get the itch)

I believe most affiliate managers that don't frequent ABW are a waste of time. (Don't have to participate, I know a few that lurk and rock)

I believe the ones that are good and don't frequent ABW aren't going to last (2 good ones just left their respective programs and both have gone downhill since)

I won't replace the punched out lock on our minivan because the moment I do, I know they are going to try and break in again. (For the fourth time)

I believe most hosts suck and when they don't suck it's just to lull you into a false sense of security so you will sign a slightly longer subscription taking you to the time they suck again. (New host - downtime. Old host - downtime but they were really nice about it. Gah!)

When did the glass get half empty?

More importantly, how do I get it half full again?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Popdawg.

Looks like someone's been messing with you. Truthfully it's not all unfamiliar territory there. I believe every other driver does'nt have a clue, so I expect him/her to cut into my lane and cause a royal mess. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised that they don't!

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Ugh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's feeling ic lately!

I'm normally such a Polyanna my husband can barely stand me, but here these last few days I feel like Marvin on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "what's the use?"

Maybe it's the weather?
    Last edited by rgrsgrl; April 13th, 2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: I'm so down I can't even spell....lol
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

ABW Ambassador
    I still believe in Santa.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Popdawg,

Life's not so bad. In what other time or place could you spend 16 to 20 hours a day sitting in the comfort of your own chair staring at a computer screen?
    Brook Schaaf
    Schaaf-PartnerCentric
    p/f: 512.464.1122
    Skype - brookschaaf
    www.schaafpc.com | brook@schaafpc.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg

Wish I had an answer Popdawg.

Only thing that comes to mind is Monty Python's song:

"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!"

Just thinking about it makes me
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Whatever you do, don't buy that "Secret" DVD Oprah and the rest of the world is pushing to change it all around. It says if you just think positively about something (even something materialistic like a car) and imagine getting it, it will appear. There's a thread on it somewhere here that was started a while back. Actually, that's a good place to read about other ic points of view (yours truly included)

As for your daughter, boys will be boys but the glass is half full in this regard - raise her like a lady and don't worry. When the time comes, she'll act like one
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

I still believe Santa but am pretty sure he is in guantanmo for infringing on a no fly zone.

See? Even that!!!
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brookschaaf
    Popdawg,

Life's not so bad. In what other time or place could you spend 16 to 20 hours a day sitting in the comfort of your own chair staring at a computer screen?
    <<< Looks for Brooks spy camera >>>

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg

I never saw the glass as half empty or half full. I always saw a glass that was twice as big as it needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I never saw the glass as half empty or half full. I always saw a glass that was twice as big as it needed to be.

No worries there, Stephanie.
    I already know the secret.
    If I want it, I need to think it and believe it and it will come.
    Granted UPS will have dropped it so it doesn't work anymore, but at least it I will have it. Until the neighbors break in and steal it, then insurance will hand me a check to replace it. Which they will want back when they notice I forgot to pay my premiums meaning I'm no longer covered. And on the way home my brakes fail and I drove through the carport and into my laundry room.

<<< starts whistling always look on the bright side of life while he looks for that blasted camera >>>

When your real world friends and family think your a geek you will find someone who understands you here.
    This is the description of the forum. It's pretty accurate. Thanks guys.

Every once in awhile, you just get stopped by the crap that accumulates when you're not watching. Take a day or two, go fishing or whatever, process the crap until it's all back where it belongs and then say - I'm back!

P.S. It's the weather

It's the weird daylight savings time change (longer days) and no real nice spring weather (as Judi said) so you still need to get the extra little 'zing' back into your step. It'll come back once it get's nicer, till then step away from the screen and enjoy more.

That said you can do some preplaning for Miami - if you know what I mean
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Pop, sounds to me like you've had a rough time that's temporarily changed your perspective on life and people. Looking at your posts over the past year, I don't see you as a half empty type, but at times we all see things from the emptier side. Stuff happens, and then we get past it because there is something that motivates us from deep inside. The inside that is always full!

Best To Ya Pop!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I know how you feel. Blah. Same old thing every day it seems, nothing fun to do. Seems like everyone is mad at me for something or another lately.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Perhaps you need a Scooter, Haiko, Billy Kay or Donuts hug? I've heard through the grapevine they're pretty awesome.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Harris

As for your daughter, boys will be boys but the glass is half full in this regard - raise her like a lady and don't worry. When the time comes, she'll act like one
    Stephanie!

Well said and absolutely right on!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's TAX time. I just got done with my Fed return (state has to wait until tomorrow).

Speaking of which, doing the taxes reminds me that I make more on the net than I ever did at empl*yment. So, I'm pretty happy, now :)

But most people get down when they have to write checks to the Gov. This includes the buyers, so it tends to affect sales for a while...which doesn't help the mood of people who are trying to sell stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Popdawg
    The problem isn't in seeing things how they are--*that's* a good thing, and keeps you from getting blindsided! The problem is in letting yourself get down or bothered about it. That, and assigning too much importance to things that are worthy of little more than ignoring, or perhaps an irritated sigh. In short, keep things in perspective.

Your list of stuff may be "pessimistic" but only a couple things in it is worth letting yourself be bothered about. If a program starts sucking...rip their links. The door revolves, life goes on. Same with the newb spammers. Here today, gone a couple minutes later...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader

The problem isn't in seeing things how they are--*that's* a good thing, and keeps you from getting blindsided! The problem is in letting yourself get down or bothered about it. That, and assigning too much importance to things that are worthy of little more than ignoring, or perhaps an irritated sigh. In short, keep things in perspective.

Your list of stuff may be "ic" but only a couple things in it is worth letting yourself be bothered about. If a program starts sucking...rip their links. The door revolves, life goes on. Same with the newb spammers. Here today, gone a couple minutes later...
    Again, Leader speaks and everyone should be listening.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by AM@4checks
    Perhaps you need a Scooter, Haiko, Billy Kay or Donuts hug? I've heard through the grapevine they're pretty awesome.
    Yeah - heard through the grapevine. Right.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Do something you've never done before. This business can be overly isolating, to the point where some of us (including moi) tend to resent doing anything but work. That would be okay if life stood still, but it doesn't. Best to seize as much of it as we can while it is still within reach.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Leann makes an excellent point here. It is TOO easy to get glued behind your computer and evolve into a hermit / hermitress. Turn that thing off, go enjoy yourself, remember and appreciate what it is like to socialize and interact with real people. Do recreational things that you enjoy doing. Things that exercise the body as well as the mind. The internet can benefit us, but over indulgence in anything can also hurt us. B-A-L-A-N-C-E be da key mon!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread