ABW Ambassador
    Do you think anyone would purchase a freebie site that received 400-500 unique visitors a day but was on a sub-domain? That's about 12,000 visitors per month with stats to prove it. If so, for how much would such a site sell for.

This was one of the first sites I developed before I realized I didn't have a nack for making money doing freebie sites. I'm thinking about selling it. But not sure if it's worth anything. It sure gets a crap load of visitors. I wish my other sites did this well.

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

Hi Jada,

I'm just wondering where the traffic is coming from? Is it through listings in the engine or bookmarks or a bit of both. I have a pretty good domain name that I just threw up a page on rather than just have it sit there and do nothing.

Freebie sites are still pretty competitive but a lot tougher to make money with now. Drop me a PM if you can and I will see if it is something I am interested in if your gonna get rid of it. If its something you don't want anyone to see then give me another idea. Just wondering how much your thinking it would be worth. I really wouldn't know. Either way let me know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    If it's on a sub-domain, and you want to retain the original domain, then I can't imagine it'd be worth much more than my .

Tick

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I might be willing to pay a small amount to place a banner or two there.... if you are interested in persuing that, you can pm me.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

I might also want to advertise once I know more details. PM me too.

Bit risky to sell this if you want to keep your other sites information confidential....

ABW Ambassador
    The majority of traffic comes from yahoo and google but also other engines like alta vista and msn. Go figure how this site managed to keep it's yahoo traffic - I guess because it was the only site that had good google rankings.

Banner advertising - that sounds like an idea. I'll let you guys know about that - let me clean the site up a bit first and then I'll pm you with the link.

How could it divulge information about my other sites? Oh, because they'd have my name - is that why?

"Not until you open your eyes, will you see the pot at the end of the rainbow - So Dream Big or Don't Dream at All"

JadaKiss

That's a lot of good hits to give away I think!

I had the same situation a while back so I just put meta refresh tags in all the pages, then removed all content from the pages except for a manual link and drove all the hits to my main site!

Just a thought...

JimDoc
    jimd@stardatesmokes.com
    www.StarDateSmokes.com
    Marlboros-$17.95, Affiliates Wanted

I don't think it's worth anything unless it's turning a profit, just my opinion

ABW Ambassador
    Chinaski - the site makes about $200 per month.

JimDoc - Well none of my other sites are freebie sites. Do you think I should still redirect the traffic to sites that aren't related. I could use the traffic on my other sites that lost traffic from yahoo. Maybe I could turn it into a directory and list all my other sites and the freebie site too. Wow, I never thought of that. THANKS!!!

JadaKiss

Hi Jada
    Then next question would be how much maintenance time it takes up to earn that $200

ABW Ambassador
    I haven't maintained that site in over a year and it's making that. I don't have time to - my other sites are in another area and those are my big money makers, so I focus on those.

I hope that answers your question. I guess the site could make alot more if I maintain it. But it's kind of hard to find freebie affiliates. Any suggestions on where I should look anyone?

JadaKiss

Fineclicks would be a good place to start IMO.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Wily - I'll check them out.

JadaKiss

You're welcome but it seems to me like you gave yourself the right idea! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

In fact that's what I basically did. I used stardate.com for an affiliate site, but primarily to drive hits to my other sites especially StardateSmokes.com! Stardate is thus in its fourth reconfiguration from mall, to online publisher, to pet memorials and back to mall. BUt it's been around since 1994 so it was getting good hits and I didn't want to lose those!

JimDoc
    jimd@stardatesmokes.com
    www.StarDateSmokes.com
    Marlboros-$17.95, Affiliates Wanted

If you need money for food, clicks and ratings, why would a sell a site that produces $200 per month?
    I'll buy it for $200 and get it off your hands.

ABW Ambassador
    corrina
    Nice avatar/icon

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Real name is Ernie Corrina

Jada
    I'll buy it if its not to much,where is it located so I can look at it let me know.
    Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread