Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Stanley Cup Playoffs
    OK, so for the first time since 94 my Colorado Avalanche did not make the Stanley Cup playoffs this year. I have finally swallowed the bitter pill for this season. After several sessions on the psychologists couch (before anyone cracks wise on this, my psychologist is a guy!) I am finally past the shock, disappointment, sense of loss and belief that life is just not worth living anymore.

I've put my NHL jersey back in storage, and I am finally ready to follow the playoffs to see who is going to pretend to be the "fill in" champions until my Avs recapture the cup next year and bring it back to Denver where it belongs.

There's a number of good teams in the hunt this year, and being as my team isn't one of them, I've decided to back Matt's Nashville Predators. As an objective observer, I think they have the talent to get it done, provided of course that the Red Wings perish in a plane crash, the Devils decide that they would rather go golfing, and the Ducks forfeit a series to spend a week at Disneyland.

Who is everyone else picking to win the cup?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Toronto or Montreal of course

Tax Paying Member
    We will bring the cup home next year.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    We will bring the cup home next year.
    Witz,

If you are willing to fly it to Denver next year, then yes, you can bring it home where it belongs!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Red Wings all the way!

They are off to a good start...
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

No doubt the wings have to be one of the favorites. They've had a heck of a run the past 10 years, but this year, I'm thinking the Predators will fill in for my AVS until the "real" season starts next fall!!

I still hold out hope for my Dallas Stars. They've got the skill, but have had a rough year staying healthy. All things considered, I think they're a pretty strong team, and they run an incredibly strong forecheck.

All they need to do now is find a way to win in overtime (both of their losses to the Canucks have come after regulation...).
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    No doubt the wings have to be one of the favorites. They've had a heck of a run the past 10 years, but this year, I'm thinking the Predators will fill in for my AVS until the "real" season starts next fall!!
    I thought it was a capital offense punishable by death in Colorado to say anything positive about the Red Wings...

Some of the best playoff games of all time were the Avs and Wings locked up in the 90's. It seems like everyone got bloody in those battles.

As a side note, the Avs are my second-favorite team (you gotta' pull for the local guys of your childhood, so my heart will always belong to the Stars). I remember watching them sweep the Panthers in the Finals with good old Roy in the pipes, and I fell in love. As a consequence, I can't find myself wishing much good on the Wings. That, and since the crying from Buffalo following their loss to the Stars in the 98 Finals, I can't stand Hasek.
    Chris Sturgill

Quote Originally Posted by cbsturg
    I thought it was a capital offense punishable by death in Colorado to say anything positive about the Red Wings...Some of the best playoff games of all time were the Avs and Wings locked up in the 90's. It seems like everyone got bloody in those battles.
    To many AVS fans it would be a capital offense to say something positive about the wings, but I'm an objective fan; and so I recognize the record the wings have posted this year. Do I want the Wings to win? Absolutely not. But do I think they are one of the favorites that can do it all? Yep, I do. As for those great games between the wings and Avs in the 90's, I agree that they were awesome to watch. I never saw two teams give so much of themselves. They really brought out the best in each other, and boy oh boy, the fans on both sides loved the matchup!

First off, let me say i am of course pulling for the Sabres. I'm amazed noone has brought them up, since they have winning records this year against all the above teams. Except the 'Lanche, oddly enough.

And CTSburg, I don't like Hasek for many reasons, but not that one. No Goal, my friend. No goal.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Let's Go Rangers! People doubted their ability to even get into the playoffs.. now they're ahead against Atlanta 2-0. I have faith in them...

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    And CTSburg, I don't like Hasek for many reasons, but not that one. No Goal, my friend. No goal.
    I'll be honest, if I was pulling for Buffalo, I'd be upset as well. That said, refs make a lot of stupid mistakes that swing games and series. It's a bit unfortunate the Stars' lone championship will be looked upon as some by controversial, but even if that wasn't a goal, the odds of Buffalo still winning the game, and then coming back to win game 7 in Dallas would have been pretty slim.

In the end, goal or no goal, it's a goal, and my boys' names are on the Cup. But man was that a great game to watch!
    Chris Sturgill

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    There's a number of good teams in the hunt this year, and being as my team isn't one of them, I've decided to back Matt's Nashville Predators. As an objective observer, I think they have the talent to get it done, provided of course that the Red Wings perish in a plane crash, the Devils decide that they would rather go golfing, and the Ducks forfeit a series to spend a week at Disneyland.
    Attaboy Alan!

The Preds looked good the other night and only lost in game one on a fluke.

The Sharks are a great team though...heck I will take any of the top 6 in the Western Conference over the Devils or anyone else in the East.

I am trying to get tickets to the next series in a bad way!!!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Go Rangers -
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The Ducks are still mighty!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'm still liking my wounds over "The Wild" giving it up last night. I thought we would at least put up a fight and draw it out a bit.

Maybe next year. Go get`em guys!

Danny, I am surprised with the Wild also. They have the talent, but they just don't seem to put it together consistently. Oh well, you can still throw your support the Predators way!

Chris:

Both the Stars and the Sabres deserved that Cup that year. I don't think the No Goal taints their accomplishments. It was a whale of a series, starting with Wooley's OT winner in Game One and culminating with Brett Hull's Cup winner in OT.

Goal or no goal, no one suggests that the Sabres would have won for sure if play continued. I don't blame the Stars at all...
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Chris:

Both the Stars and the Sabres deserved that Cup that year...It was a whale of a series, starting with Wooley's OT winner in Game One and culminating with Brett Hull's Cup winner in OT.
    As I recall, even considering the controversy, the Buffalo fans were pretty classy as the Stars took their turn skating around with the Cup.

That WAS an amazing series. IMHO, one of the best (perhaps because my boys won...). Here's to a rematch...
    Chris Sturgill

Here's to a rematch...
    You never know It's a long road to get there though....
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Last night sucked.

Nashville is still pretty upset with the suspension of Alexander Radulov for the game. A totally bogus deal that should have been overruled by the league office.

I have not watched anything else...I am a homer - only watch the Preds and Hurricanes.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Last nights game was incredible! What a horrible example of officiating. I mean they almost lost control of the game, it was so bad.

But The Wild managed to take game 4 of 7 (silly me thought it was 3 of 5 earlier) to an astounding 4-1 Win against The Ducks. We were going crazy! I think some beer might have even been spilt.

Next Game is tomorrrow (Thur) ...."LET'S GO WI-ILD"!!!
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Rangers beat Atlanta last night 7-0!!! Nylander with a hat trick. What a crazy game!

Nice to see Ryan Calahan with a pair for the Rangers as well. He grew up about 10 minutes from me (I've never met him though, or Brian Gionta for that matter, who's also from here)...

Rangers look pretty tough right now. Things are coming together for them at the right time...
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Not sure the Ranges look that good or Thrashers just look that bad

Let's Go Buffalo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast