Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Virginia Tech Massacre
    Just woke up and watching this on the news, worst massacre in U.S. history. Crazy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/?GT1=9246

Affiliate Manager
    It's horrible... my prayers go out to the families of the victims.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm still watching but can't figure out how 2 people were killed at 7:15 AM and then 2 hours later at 9:15 goes to another hall and shoots more than 50. I would have figured the campus would have been swarmed after the first incident.

Outsourced Program Manager
    It's really enough to make you sick to your stomach....just so tragic. I agree, Trust, that it's hard to imagine that everything just continued on after the initial shooting(s), but who knows how it all happened or what the protocol is for something like that.

It just goes to show you that this can happen anywhere. You'd like to think that Blacksburg VA is a relatively safe place to send your kids to college.

As a parent life is pretty terrifying. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved.
    [B]Mike Tabasso,[/B] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Gen3 Marketing[/COLOR]
    E:mtabasso (at) Gen3Marketing (dot) com | P: 215.646.1869 | AIM: miketabasso
    <a href="http://www.gen3marketing.com" target="_blank">Gen3Marketing.com</a>

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    What a sad and tragic incident. I can't even begin to imagine how tramautic this must be to everyone involved.

My thoughts and prayers to the families and friends affected.
    Last edited by rgrsgrl; April 16th, 2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    This whole thing just sickens me to hear about. I keep waiting to hear a motive or reason why this happened on the news or in the newspaper updates but nothing. Not that there's EVER a justifiable reason but at least knowing what was going on in the shooter's head would at least mean that we could try and understand what the heck happened. After Columbine there was a lot of talk about Columbine and some lessons to be learned that we should student harassment very seriously, and watch closely for signs of instability. But in this case, I haven't heard anything about what might have caused the shooting spree or what spurred this to happen. Have any of you?
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It's truely terrible and terrifying that these things can happen in a school, I can not begin to make sense of what drives people to want to shoot students and children.

My heart goes out to the parents and friends of everyone effected.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Harris
    This whole thing just sickens me to hear about. I keep waiting to hear a motive or reason why this happened on the news or in the newspaper updates but nothing. Not that there's EVER a justifiable reason but at least knowing what was going on in the shooter's head would at least mean that we could try and understand what the heck happened. After Columbine there was a lot of talk about Columbine and some lessons to be learned that we should student harassment very seriously, and watch closely for signs of instability. But in this case, I haven't heard anything about what might have caused the shooting spree or what spurred this to happen. Have any of you?
    I read an article yesterday that said some faculty members were shot in that massacre, in which case failing grades might have been one of the motives, who knows. It'll be a while before they pinpoint anything.

ABW Ambassador
    It really shouldn't suprise me but it disgusts me as I was reading a blog today that couldn't believe someone registered vashootings . com with FTD links throughout the site.

Listening to MSNBC and yesterday they mentioned domestic, meaning the shooter's gf and someone else the first shooting, then came back later. But it's all speculation at this point. Shooter was 23 yr. old permanent resident from Korea.

Affiliate Manager
    They haven't released much info about the shooter yet. All we know is that he was an asian student at Tech and that he lived on campus. I imagine they'll learn more details after they've had a chance to go through his dorm room.

ABW Ambassador
    They released his name, age etc. MSNBC.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Virginia gunman ID'd as Korean Seung-Hui Cho; one gun in both shootings, 23 yr. old Senior English major.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I hate these types or news / events as no life should ever be taken by anyone. Specially kids, yes college students are still kids. But how can someone ever know what your psycho roommate is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    someone registered vashootings . com with FTD links throughout the site.
    This is one of the things wrong with 'online marketing' in my view, when someone capitalizes on such events and claims it's for charity or to help. If he really wanted to send flowers he should put a direct non affiliated link to all the flowers sites.

Networks, affiliates, online marketers, bloggers, ( I see the link for FTD and Azoogle ) google adsense or anyone or any form of ads involved that earns a commission from such events, should be 'stopped', 'un-approved' or 'banned', ASAP.

Just my opinion.

I had a nephew (Justin Ray) who was shot and killed in a similar shooting at a Baptist church two blocks from my house. The scale no where near approaches this most recent tragedy, but as one who has experienced some of that pain, my heart aches for all those involved.

What a tragic and senseless event! It pains me that hate and evil prevail. May we begin to sow the seeds of tolerance and love! There is a Christian carol that I love that says, in part, "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."

To any and all involved, I send you my love and the assurance that you will be in my prayers. If any one of our own members are affected by this tragedy, if there is ever anything I can do to help, in whatever capacity, please contact me at chris [at] freequotesworld.com
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Certainly, my thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims, including the family of the shooter. Must be horrible for them as well.

I'd also like to point out that a vast majority of the VaTech students should be commended for NOT letting the media turn this into a "let's blame the school administration" session.

The kids stood up for the school and the administration, and made me proud in the process. The old journalists that wanted to relive their late sixties/ early seventies "Burn the School Administration Building" days were rebuffed by a student body that is smarter and more media savvy than they are.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

There was an article on Drudge last night saying that he was a jilted boyfriend. They also say he left behind a disturbing note (although they don't provide details).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    It wasn't too long ago we experienced the same here in Montreal at Dawson College. School was the one place I thought my kids would be safe, it's terrible to reminded once again that events such as these can really happen anywhere and at any time.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all who are affected during this terrible time.
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I suspect we're all dying a little inside over this latest attack on our children. It's so terrifying and sickening to know that our kids are potential victims of someone else's freaked out kid.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I don't know what to say. Still in shock.

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    I imagine the gun control issue will heat up again on account of this, and I'd be curious to see what those politicians not in favor of stricter gun laws would say now.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'd be curious to see what those politicians not in favor of stricter gun laws would say now.

"Guns don't kill people, people do."
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I imagine the gun control issue will heat up again on account of this, and I'd be curious to see what those politicians not in favor of stricter gun laws would say now.
    Sadly, if someone decides to kill someone, there is no rule or law that will stop them. No restraining order, nothing.

If someone has nothing to live for, nothing will stop them from doing something like this.

Gun control is designed for law abiding citizens. People who do these crimes have no regard for laws or consequences, so making it harder to get a gun would not stop them. They would just turn to the black market.

Sadly, you're right Anne. I'd say more on this, but this is not the thread for it...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Such a shame. We're getting all the media coverage of it over here in Toronto as well. This type of thing seems to be happening more and more... what is the world coming to?!

Actually, those who support the second amendment are already saying that gun control worsens these types of situations. Virginia Tech recently banned guns on their campus, so the only people who have them now are criminals. If normal citizens would have been able to defend themselves, the toll may have been smaller.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree with Michael Coley.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast