Can I have a blank?
    Can I have a blank? Or if there is already way I can add one, please let me know.

On the page builder it would be nice if I could just drop in a blank box that I could edit or add my own stuff into. Not sure how well this would work with the interface, but it sure would be nice. Be even nicer if I could define a custom size.

Might be tough or impossible, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hi Mack,

Sorry for the delay, I just realized none of us had replied to your query yet.

I am not sure if I understand the context of your question but let me give it a go.

Currently, you can leave empty spaces within the product display field as you are building out a shop. These however will not display on your site.

By "editing or adding" your own stuff into do you mean adding/uploading your own site text and graphics? Or are you wanting to insert a blank field for layout reasons?
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

I was thinking of something like .... hard to explain.

First part: Picture Hollywood Squares. A 3x3 grid. I'd like to be able to put a blank in the middle square. It won't let me leave that middle square blank, it always auto-arranges something else into it.

Second part: When I select customize, I can edit the text in a product square. But I can't edit a space without anything it in.

So if we had a 'blank" product square, I could leave a hole in the middle of the grid and edit the text in it. Then when i displayed the page on my site, the text in my middle square would show with the rest of the around it..

Make sense?

Make sense?

Hi Mack,

So I talked it through with the engineering team, what you would like to do does make sense, but there is no simple way to make a cell blank (empty). Initially I was thinking to recommend that you pick a product and eliminate all the components within it using our customize features, but ultimately even with the link obscured that cell is still clickable.

Although not pretty, we came up with a manual work around.

Basically it is to create a set of shops and place them into your page in a box format using tables or divs. Although, again not the simplest method to create, it does allow for the displayed items to remain dynamic.

Kind of like this for example (pardon the silly diagram):

Shop 1: [ ][ ][ ] [ ]
    Shop2-3: [ ] [ ]
    [ ] [ ]
    Shop4: [ ][ ][ ] [ ]

(shop 2-3 above would be the left and right columns)

A bit like Tetris.

I am sorry we don’t have a more elegant solution currently.

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I was thinking of something like .... hard to explain.

First part: Picture Hollywood Squares. A 3x3 grid. I'd like to be able to put a blank in the middle square. It won't let me leave that middle square blank, it always auto-arranges something else into it.

Second part: When I select customize, I can edit the text in a product square. But I can't edit a space without anything it in.

So if we had a 'blank" product square, I could leave a hole in the middle of the grid and edit the text in it. Then when i displayed the page on my site, the text in my middle square would show with the rest of the around it..

Make sense?

Make sense?
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

hmmm that didn't display right...imagine a box with Shop 1 and 4 being the top and bottom and Shop 2 and 3 making up the left and right columns.

Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Thank you for looking into this and your reply. It's not a show stopper, just an idea I had. (I get more of those than I know what to do with.)

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread