What are "Return Days"?
    I always thought of "Return Days" as the allotted time given the customer to return the purchased item[s].

As an example, I would think a shoe customer would need to be guaranteed a certain amount of time in order to try on the shoes, be certain that the shoes fit/are comfortable and then be able to return the shoes without penalty if they don't fit.

I've read a few threads about "Return Days" and now I'm starting to wonder if the phrase refers to cookies? As an example, the customer might visit the merchant page and then return 3 days later and if so the affiliate who planted the first cookie would like to be given credit when the customer returns: it that the definition that people are referring to?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I understand this to mean the time between a 'click' from an aff site and the date of purchase. So, if I click today and make a purchase exactly one week later, the 'Return Days' would be 7.

But I have also seen it used to refer to the length of the tracking cookie, so I don't know the 'official' word on this.

http and a telephoto
    Yes Rhia7, return days refers to cookie duration, not number of days that a merchant allows merchandise to be returned. Cookie duration = return days = number of days after an initial click that an affiliate gets credit when the shopper "returns".
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    But...

CJ merchants can and do limit the number of times a customer can return to the merchant site and entitle the affiliate to the commission ("Action Referral Occurrences"). So, even if a merchant has a 45 day cookie (45 return days), if they limit the number of returns to 1, a purchase made two days after the original click-through will earn no commission, if that customer returned to the merchant site one time in between the click-through and the purchase.

There was a discussion a few days ago about this and how there are no such restrictions on the number of visits during the cookie period for SAS merchants, and I do not believe I've seen any restrictions for PFX or LS merchants.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Interesting tip on CJ, AffiliateHound.

Thanks to all for the discussion
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Yes Rhia7, return days refers to cookie duration, not number of days that a merchant allows merchandise to be returned. Cookie duration = return days = number of days after an initial click that an affiliate gets credit when the shopper "returns".
    Perfect reply Lox
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread