Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Alec Baldwin - Father of the Year
    LOL LOL LOL this is too funny!

http://www.tmz.com/ - click the picture to hear Alec Baldwin go off on his 11 year-old daughter's cell phone voice mail.
    He gets my respect for wanting to "straighten her ass out" but he's gonna get soooooooo much sh*t for this.

My 18 year-old daughter said it sounds a lot like messages her father and I have left on her voice mail. She thought it was funny, too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I think it is years of frustration with the situation being exacerbated by his ex alienating him from his daughter that finally drove him over the edge...sounds like a parent who is trying to make the long distance thing work and is being blocked somewhat. Little colorful with the language though! LOL

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    WOW!!! I wonder what he's going to get for father's day? lol
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

dun dun daaaa it's the 20th someone call the child protective or something

12 or 11 lmao he doesn't know?

it sounds like he is trying to make an effort and is getting a stiff arm, but this did not start with the phone and some things can't be fixed over night. maybe he should try being in Cali longer than just to "straighten her ass out"

How much does she hate him to release this to the press, or was it his beautiful ex that released this???

ABW Ambassador
    I'm almost certain it was the ex.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

would not be surprised if she was the one that turned the phone off too lol

http and a telephoto
    If yours or mine ex made a phone call like that, no one would care. I feel bad that because of who they are, this could result in him not able to see his daughter. I hope the judges are smarter than that.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I feel bad for the girl. Tabloid fodder at 11 or 12.

I don't see her growing up to be a well-adjusted individual.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

I just feel bad for all parties involved. Bad for Ireland cause her parents cant get along for her sake. Bad for Alec, I hear years of frustration too. It appears in my opinion, the only one benefiting is the Mother who is only getting self gratification and in the long run will tear apart her relationship with her daughter.

My 2 cents.
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

SHes only 11, I dont find this funny at ALL!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I guess the thing that ticks me off about stuff like this is how much the networks overplay it. Just like with the idiot that killed everyone in Vermont, no way he should get air time.

As for Baldwin, the networks are, indirectly, asking us to judge him based off of one moment's time when he has lost it. I know that, had any of you been given a look see at my household for one or two specific moments over the years, you would question just about everyone's sanity over here, including myself.

No one is perfect, so why not give everyone the other part of the story?

Or, better yet, why give us anything at all? Let them resolve their differences in court, not the press.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

If he didn't love her so much he wouldn't be frustrated like. At the end, it's family matter -- which whould have been stayed in that boundry -- and by releasing the tape to the press Kim Basinger & Co, is more at fault than Mr. Baldwin.

I think this is a child that has been stuck between a rock and a hard place on a 24/7 basis. If she talks to her Dad she gets crap from her Mom and so on. Words such as this hurt, and I don't think it matters if it is the child of a nobody or a famous person.

If this is an example of some of the things he says to that child, it is NO wonder she wasn't answering his calls!

Tragic when the parents act like this. They should at least try to be civil for the sake of the daughter.

Even though it's a bad situation, it's better to come from a broken home rather then live in one.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Forget that the wife even sold that to TMZ, she is probably crazier than him, but to me now it's all about what a father should never say/do to his daughter like that.

I don't care how mad I would ever get with my kids, but I would NEVER call them a 'pig' or even say most of what he said to her.

One thing that I noticed, On Fox NEws they played with very high volume which seems like it is more harsh. However on CNN they played at the regular volume level and it did not seem as harsh

Let's look at it from the daughter's side. You have two options:
    A: Your father calls you, privately, a "thoughtless pig".
    B: Your mother makes this information public.

Which one is more embarrassing or damaging to you?

Unfortunately high profile people never get any privacy.....worse for the kids who didn't ask for high profile parents that may or may not be mentally stable. I am a single mom raising 2 girls and I don't know what I would do or say if I was not able to see them, but rest assured knowing my ex is vendictive I would watch my tongue to say the least!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephLegal
    knowing my ex is vendictive I would watch my tongue to say the least!
    Unfortunately the only person getting straightened out here is Alec Baldwin, who might or might not learn to control his alleged anger issues.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Children that age can be traumatized by even one such outburst. If it happens repeatedly it can destroy a child's self-esteem. I doubt this was an isolated incident, however. I'm sure he thinks he loves his daughter, but there is no forgiving his destroying her emotionally. Parents are people too, and can lose their temper. But they have to learn in advance to protect themselves and their loved ones from their own loss of control.

And, yes, this should never, ever, have been released to the public. Only to the judge.

Get that kid into a warm, nurturing environment. Get her to a place where she will be taught to look at herself as a good person, not what he called her.

This might be the "Daily Chuckle Forum", but let's all get real!

Enough with the hypocrisy BS!

Including ourselves, can anyone of us here be able to say that we have never said anything in private, or just between family, or friends, that if it was made public on a national, or international news media, would not sound a lot worse than what Alec Baldwin left on his 11 year-old daughter's cell phone voice mail?

Come on people, every single one of us have said, or have done, worse things than that stupid phone call, more than once on our life, so far!

But since some of us are not that rich and famous yet, some of us can easily just jump on the (let's bash whom ever it's on the news today)

Out of this whole Alec Baldwin BS on the news, I can only find two things wrong:

First: He said all that shit to a recording device, and not directly to the intended person. (So I find that stupid on his part.)

Second: If I had to blame anyone for this whole Alec Baldwin BS on the news, I would not blame Alec Baldwin for what he said to his 11 year-old daughter's cell phone voice mail, I would blame who ever leaked that private voice mail to the ever thirsty celebrity news media, period.

------------

Btw, these are just some separate questions, but I just want to throw it in here:

How do you really feel about spanking your kids?

If you're from the baby-boom generation, were you ever spanked for bad behavior? (Be honest, even if you would never admitted in public, would you at least think about it?)

Since you're reading this today, and if maybe you was spanked before for bad behavior, did you turn out right ok? ---- Or do you want to sue your parents now, because they spank you when you was little?

And now for the last BIG QUESTION!

If you see that your kids are turning into bad members of society, would you not spank your kids because of your memories, or just because now you're afraid that your own kids can call the cops, and get you arrested for child abuse, just because you tried to help them do the right thing?

haha ok mr. sal, it's everyone's fault except the guy who screamed at his 11 yr old daughter because she didn't pick up her phone.

Poor Ireland....

I guess Alec was in a very bad mood that time....

Come on people, every single one of us have said, or have done, worse things than that stupid phone call, more than once on our life, so far!
    I beg your pardon? Innocent until proven guilty.

And if once I lost it and slammed my kid in the jaw, or humiliated him in public, does that make what AB said OK?

Expressing anger that way solves zero, and has caused much trauma in very vulnerable people. "Spare the rod, spoil the child" is not referring to hitting. It refers to a shepherd's rod, and shepherds use it to guide the flock by hitting the ground in front of them if they turn off the path. The verse simply means that parents have to teach children values, and in a way that they will follow them on their own. Fear and abuse have no place in that.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread