Auto Deposit but often Low Funds
    What causes a merchant to often be marked "Low Funds" and yet he is on Auto Deposit? The merchant is mystified and said he wouldn't know he was "Low Funds" unless I told him. He admits that he really does not understand.

All I know is that I don't like buying clicks and seeing "Low Funds".

SAS gives me this warning:
    'Low funds is a warning that a merchant account may go temporarily offline shortly if the merchant does not deposit more funds with us. You should keep a close eye on merchants listed as low funds."

Affiliate Manager
    We had this problem a couple months ago. It's due to his limit being set below the "Low Funds" threshold. If he bumps the auto-deposit to a higher dollar amount, he won't see those warnings anymore.

Bob

http and a telephoto
    They need to raise their notify amount. To be in the premier program Shareasale recommends a $200 notify threshhold and I have my merchants set to a higher amount, just in case
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    They need to raise their notify amount. To be in the premier program Shareasale recommends a $200 notify threshhold and I have my merchants set to a higher amount, just in case

What she said

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    What causes a merchant to often be marked "Low Funds" and yet he is on Auto Deposit? The merchant is mystified and said he wouldn't know he was "Low Funds" unless I told him. He admits that he really does not understand....
    Also, if they pay out cash bonuses, for example (I don't know if they do or not) SaS will suck the money out of their account, not having that "Auto Deposit" kick in to top up the balance... We've talked about this with Brian before, and he said it's in his plans to have the automatic top-ups tied not only to affiliate commissions debited from the merchant account, but to all debit activity.

Geno

http and a telephoto
    If a merchant is paying bonuses, then they should check more frequently Thanks for the heads up on that Geno, I have bonuses in one merchant and soon another!
    Deborah Carney

They don't have bonuses so it must be the threshold amount. I'll pass this on to the merchant, and thanks all for the quick help.

For those merchants who are paying bonuses out of there Shareasale account, you can go to the Deposit Center aka "Make a Deposit" and there is an option to force an auto deposit.

I use this feature after I pay out bonuses for each month.
    KK

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    look at all the smart AMs and OPMs kicking the question to oblivion (i sure didn't know the answer). when i first came to ABW, I didn't know what an OPM was. the proliferation of knowing OPMs is a good sign of where we're all headed. swarming OPMs, with answers, posting away at ABW... just made my positive thought for the weekend.

good things ahead, future looks better every day!

swarming OPMs, with answers, posting away at ABW... just made my positive thought for the weekend.
    And the willing merchant has complied so a happy ending.

To be in the premier program Shareasale recommends a $200 notify threshhold
    Only $200?

look at all the smart AMs and OPMs kicking the question to oblivion (i sure didn't know the answer).
    What answer?

Maybe this one?

I can't understand how can some of the affiliates afford to spend a few thousand dollars on PPC, to send customers to any merchant that is only willing to have a lousy $200 threshhold on their account and run the risk of showing up with "Low Funds" and even "Temporary Off-line" at any time.

If I was a merchant, and I wanted to have affiliates promoting my products, and I wanted my affiliates to sell all the products they are promoting from my catalog without any problem, I would make sure that I keep at least $1000.00 on my account, in order to not lose any potential sale rush, that some of my affiliates that are doing PPC might send my way at any given moment.

The way I see it, with less than $1000.00, just about anybody can "Become" a "Merchant" anyway.

But.......

Becoming a "Big Merchant" one day, doesn't come cheap, and it sure wouldn't come any sooner by just having a lousy $200 threshhold on their account.

But again, who cares? - What do I know?

http and a telephoto
    Sal, the recommendations from Shareasale are based on sales. If a merchant has high sales they would want a higher threshold. And you don't know how much they DO deposit once they hit the $200 mark. I could be a couple hundred, a thousand or higher.

The point is to make sure the amount available isn't below $200, not that they only keep $200 in their account.
    Deborah Carney

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    loxly, thanks for proving my point about OPMs... again.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    loxly, thanks for proving my point about OPMs... again.
    We listen, we learn, we educate each other.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    We listen, we learn, we educate each other.
    And I just lurk and take advantage of the "learn." You guys 'n' gals are ALL great. I am looking forward to meeting many of you in Miami.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread