Really Bad Name for a New Online Pet Store
    This is a good example of why people should carefully select the name of a new business. A company called - chimpfeet - has just listed with CJ. As an animal lover I can't imagine calling my pet store -- chimpfeet. People have spent their lives fighting against poachers who whack off the feet of poor monkeys.

It's an adorable site - but chimpfeet? geez... that would be like calling it the rabbitsfoot, or am I just having a really sensitive day?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    geez... that would be like calling it the rabbitsfoot, or am I just having a really sensitive day?

Exactly. I thought the name was unusual enough that it made the business sound smalltime, or less professional. I could be wrong, could be the best merchant in the world. Hmmmm, maybe they would buy SupplyPet.com from me.....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    "People have spent their lives fighting against poachers who whack off the feet of poor monkeys."

Never knew that, what's with the feet?

"Where Did Chimpfeet Get The Name?

This is the question we are always asked. Well now the truth is out - and Nicky Homer, co-founder of Chimpfeet.com supplies the answer. 'Chimpfeet' was a nickname Nicky's husband gave to her a few years ago when she walked across a tiled floor 'slapping' her feet as she went. Tim called her Chimpfeet and the name stuck. Here we are a few years later with a company of the same name."

Looks like a good little site tho.

Do they sell chimps feet?

People have spent their lives fighting against poachers who whack off the feet of poor monkeys.
    I think you might be thinking of chimps being killed for bush meat. I've never heard of an illegal trade in chimps feet.
    Chimps feet are actually a marvel of nature as they have oposing toes/thumbs on them like a human hand. Maybe that's what they had in mind.

No..lol. it's a cute site really. The name just bugs me. Poachers will sell monkey feet and hands, ( I call them hands, maybe the correct term is feet) similar to a rabbit's foot, but they are much more expensive.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Well now I feel bad for saying something so negative about a new site. The owners are probably so excited and here I go and bash them. Maybe I'm having a bad day.
    leeann

ABW Ambassador
    Ah don't feel bad. It actually got me to looking at them and they look pretty good so now I'll probably put links up

It's an adorable site - but chimpfeet? geez... that would be like calling it the rabbitsfoot, or am I just having a really sensitive day?
    This is the first time I've heard the phrase, "chimpfeet" but had I not read your post I would not have necessarily associated the phrase with violence.
    [I haven't heard of people killing chimps for their feet -- and frankly, I'm not sure I'd want to hear about it]

"Pig's feet" has a negative association in my mind but not "chimpfeet."

Maybe the site was thinking of something like "the bees' knees?"
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Ah don't feel bad. It actually got me to looking at them and they look pretty good so now I'll probably put links up
    Well that makes me feel better...really. Taking pot shots at a merchant I have NO experience with isn't very nice... but really.. it was just the name.

Maybe being from south Louisiana has something to do with it. Animal limbs.. chicken feet, monkey's feet, sheep heads and who knows what else...are often linked to creepy voodoo spells. I don't know how much is folklore and how much actually goes on...and my statement "people spend their lives..yadda yadda.." was an exaggeration. Come to think of it, I can't think of anyone (personally) who has done that.. (geez).. think it's time for a nap. lol
    Last edited by leeann; April 20th, 2007 at 04:12 PM.
    leeann

Well now I feel bad for saying something so negative about a new site. The owners are probably so excited and here I go and bash them. Maybe I'm having a bad day.
    Ok,

First, you now deserve a for saying negative things about their name, you must remember that a name, is just a name.

Second, now that you have finished bashing Nicky's nickname , we all have come familiar with the chimpfeet website name, and since any publicity, good or bad publicity, still is a publicity, now the chimpfeet name will be listed here on ABW, an also on G. too. So you can now go and ask them for a private commiion increase after you join their program.

Third, you're not having a bad day, you just found out a way to promote chimpfeet on ABW, even if it was by bashing chimpfeet, so now go join chimpfeet, ask for the raise, and you will have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Third[/b], you're not having a bad day, http://abestweb.com/smilies/idea.gif you just found out a way to promote chimpfeet on ABW, even if it was by bashing chimpfeet, so now go join chimpfeet, ask for the raise, and you will have a good day.
    My bad day just got better.. rof
    leeann

Ok everybody,

Let's Sing!!!!

Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts,

Mutilated monkey meat,

Itsy bitsy birdie feet,

French fried eye-balls,

Rolling down a muddy street,

And I forgot my spoon. (slurp, slurp).
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread