ABW Ambassador
    I just received this email and thought you would like to know how some of the customers feel when looking at your ads.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> To whom it may concern,

There is nothing more that pisses me then going to a web site for bigger women and seeing a page full of size 3 models. Haven't you ever heard of putting bigger women on the web site? You might have more sales. It turned me off from buying from you.

Sincerely,
    Name removed for privacy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Cazzie

Hey, I've had a few emails from that person, "Name removed for privacy". Boy does she send a lot of emails. lol

All kidding aside, thanks for the information.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

Come to my site and see some porkers

Randex, that's not even funny. No wonder women have self-esteem problems - seems like their worth is measured in appearance more than anything. I work hard at making my plus pages upbeat and empowering (and sans size 3 models). The ironic thing is thin women feel just as bad about their bodies (yep, there are size 5 women who desperately wish they were size 1 or 3. I blame society, not them). Few women are happy with the way they look, no matter their size. Posts like this just rub it in.

Shame on you.

J

This is exactly why we show different images for the same product. For example a Bustier may come in a regular and in a plus size. It would be easier for us to show one product, one image and just say it comes in all sizes. However we have had similar feedback and thus now we show the same product with different models in them. The plus size bustier shows a plus size model and the regular bustier shows a petite model. Even though they are the same item.

Well that my 2 cents on the subject.
    Have a great weekend all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Darlene Goldberg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.1lingeriestore.com
    (800)206-7230
    darlene@webc1.com
    www.1lingeriestore.com/affiliates.htm

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The lack of plus-sized models in plus-size clothes has long been an issue with the clothes industry. Some go and say that a TALL model that wears something like a size 8 is plus-size (HAR HAR HAR, but that's according to the "modeling industry standard"--never mind that nobody ELSE calls that standard) and then claim they use plus-size models!!

Very few places REALLY use what the Average Joe would call a plus-sized model. I commend those that do, especially when they take the time to make sure that the models are also pretty! There is a difference between Delta Burke (the actual person, not the co.) doing the modeling and Mrs. Average-looks who just happens to fit into the clothes...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Few women are happy with the way they look, no matter their size.~Janiss<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because they don't DECK enough judgemental types.

It's all a matter of attitude. Women can pay attention to "society"...or they can ignore those bogus cues and see the real facts of the situation. For instance, size has its privelages...

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Few women are happy with the way they look, no matter their size.~Janiss
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's because they don't DECK enough judgemental types.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, sometimes it's hard to deck people through a DSL line. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

That's kind of the purpose of my content site - to encourage women (whether they're a size 3 or a size 3X) to get fit and strong so they can deck 'em. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

J

My sites sell plus size women products and not
    advice for self-esteem problems. Have to go to
    my self improvement site for that

ABW Ambassador
    Randex, I bet you'd sell more if you cleaned up your attitude.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Gotta wonder about a person who uses the word "porkers"...and has a PORKY PIG avatar!

Perhaps we are to infer something about him?

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Gotta wonder about a person who uses the word "porkers"...and has a PORKY PIG avatar!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering the same thing myself.

J

Actually, the problem is much more ubiquitous. Oddly, this prejudice is seen as largely a women's problem, but I've NEVER seen an obese male clothing model. Lots of ex-football player types, but obese, no. This makes it really hard for big men to select clothes.

Selma

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread