Hi
    I am using two differant stats programmes. One just tells me the number of people visiting my main page, whilst the other is Matrix Stats which gives a lot of information on all sorts of things including individual hits on pages.

A lot of my pages have now been indexed by Google and on my "Whats On In Glasgow - October 2002" I had over 600 hits.

So folks, what is the best way to read the stats? Do I want to go on the number of visitors to each page? Or do I go on the total amount of page hits per month?

I have enough info on refferring sites and also search engines plus bots.

regards John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

ABW Ambassador
    The most important info is unique visitors and page views. Not hits - hits refers to anything called from the server. IE: the html page, the images, etc.

For instance, if you have a page with 7 images on it, you will be getting 8 hits for each pageview (ie: 7 hits for the images and 1 for the html page).

Really, you should also be using software that strips out all robots, email scrapers, spiders, etc from the unique visitors and page views information as these things can give a very distorted view of the real , human traffic you are getting.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

HI
    Thanks markymark. The Matrix stats software gives
    all of that information and splits it up. I was just wondering was the best thing to base my stats on.

After what you have said I will be doing graphs on:

1. Page views - robots
    2. Unquie vistors
    3. Search engine results
    4. Refferring urls

regards John

John Dundas
    http://gph.org.uk
    johndundas@gph.org

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread