Trying to find a design/development team experienced in creating ad-supported sites
    Hello, everyone.

Let me set the stage before I ask my question:

I'm a "relative" newbie, meaning I have been working in the affiliate marketing arena for 2 years. I was the general manager of a moderately successful niche website - I managed affiliate relationships, ppc campaigns, and pretty much everything other than the design/development of the website (I don't have the skills myself). This website was recently sold, and the designer/developer I employed has decided to go back to school...and will be unavailable for my next website project.

This 'next' website will be much like my last one: a content-heavy (1000+ pages) niche website, which will be wholly ad supported, easily managed (CMS) and will offer custom pay-per-call ads, ppc, cpm, banner ads, custom directory listing type ads, and affiliate product sales. I know what I want, I just can't build it myself. So I am searching for a good design/development person or firm. I created a request for proposal (RFP) and submitted it to a handfull of design/development firms in San Francisco (where I live). But not a single decent proposal came back to me. Even after meeting with some of them, they just don't get the affiliate marketing concept very deeply. I would have liked to narrow the list of firm candidates based on their relevant experience (implementation of ad serving technologies, affiliate marketing experience, etc.), but I didn't find a single firm with this background.

That brings me to my question (thanks for sticking with me this far): Is anyone aware of a forum/site/job board where I can find design/development firm that specializes in ad-supported sites (publisher sites) or even affiliate marketing sites in general? It seems like a specialty area - one that many design/development firms are not familiar with. Can you help me in my search?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jsr
    San Francisco

ABW Ambassador
    >>Can you help me in my search?

YES & you may even make $...

Southern_Calif@web-traffic-management.com

>> YES & you may even make $...

Well, yes, that is the idea.

Thanks for the reply. Your website (web-traffic-management.com) states that "Website promotion & traffic management is our only business." I'm still in need of a designer/developer. But when it comes time to promote the site I may be in touch.

Thanks again,
    jsr

ABW Ambassador
    Just send contact details.
    We can work the rest out.
    Site has not been updated in 3 years.
    My team can see what you need & can respond.

Quote Originally Posted by jsr
    That brings me to my question (thanks for sticking with me this far): Is anyone aware of a forum/site/job board where I can find design/development firm that specializes in ad-supported sites (publisher sites) or even affiliate marketing sites in general? It seems like a specialty area - one that many design/development firms are not familiar with. Can you help me in my search?
    did you find what you were looking for? I am looking for a designer/development firm too.

Design Firm
    I did get a reply, as you can see, from "Merchant Consultant Team", but I ended up going about things the hard way. I put together a request for proposal (RFP) document and submitted it to a handfull of local (San Francisco) design/development teams. I'm currently working with the team that submitted the winning proposal...glad I put in the extra time and effort interviewing various teams.

I also spent a bit of time browsing http://www.CreativeHotlist.com - a job board for creative types. A friend who used to do freelance design (he now works for YouTube) recommended it to me.

Good luck.

Thanks to Merchant Consultant Team for your interest, by the way.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread