Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Until Next Season Donuts!!
    We could not have finished the season off together on a better note than we did on the Slush Puppie today.

Donuts and his friend John spent the night last night. We sat on the lanai with Ellen (ever the genuine companion) until around 12:30 talking about affiliate marketing, fishing, people, our first trip back in January with super Scooter (at which time we learned that we had endledd snook under my dock) property fluctuations, PPC stuff, memories of this season, and how we'll hit it next year.

We hit the water around 7:30 this morning and took a three hour tour (a three hour tour) around Boca Grande, where the water is so aqua marine, clear, and today, extremely choppy. We tried anchoring near a place where some of you (who may watch ESPN) have seen a couple of young guys pulling up giant grouper in the 300 + pound range. 20 - 25 knot winds, high rollers and a sand bottom prevented us from successfully anchoring near the structure, so we finally headed off to the "20' foot hole" as it is so affectionately referred to by local guides.

30 minutes after our arrival, a school of Tarpon started rolling about 90 yards from us, and several boats tried to stage on them without success. They eventually disappeared, and we set about the business of playing with our new buddies, the Spanish Mackerel.

We hooked up with 30 + of the little speedsters, landed 15 or so, had a ball, and then headed back to the slip to meet Ellen for dinner. We had a great seaside dinner, drinks, and then headed off to the car. But before leaving, remembering our first trip with Scoots, and Donuts and John's last trip here a couple weeks ago, John and Donuts hooked up some thread fins (white bait fish) and hammered a few snook. It could not have been a more fitting end to our visit here in Florida this winter! We have made a very special friend here in Florida, and I (and Ellie) will actually miss his sorry ass when we leave next week.

Very seldom in life do I actually meet someone with whom I share so many interests, both personal and business. This year, I met two of them. One has moved to Texas, and now we are leaving to head home to Colorado. But the memories of this spring season will always make us smile!! Donuts and John are en - route to Orlando as I write this, but in advance I want to again say..... Thanks guys! It's been a hell of a season down here....

The Skip
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Internet Cowboy
    I'll be there next season for more dock Snook as well as the Tarpon. Then you and Ellie will have to come here and the girls can shop for antiques while we catch bass.
    I know Donuts will want to come back too.
    Congrats on a good season. I know you had fun.

Now go find some trout for September.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I'll be there next season for more dock Snook as well as the Tarpon. Then you and Ellie will have to come here and the girls can shop for antiques while we catch bass.
    I know Donuts will want to come back too.
    Congrats on a good season. I know you had fun.

Now go find some trout for September.
    Thanks Scooter!! You are on - on ALL counts!! We have trout waiting for you come Sept, as well as some of the best smoked BBQ baby backs on God's green earth!! And, it'll be my pleasure to go romp on some bass with you in TX!! See ya soon Amigo.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Truly had a great time this season Alan, thanks!

Attached is pic of me, Alan and my last snook of the Hamiltons-are-in-Florida season (Alan's leaving his Florida winter home to return to Colorado).

I look forward to seeing you at events this year and to your Florida return come mid-winter next year - we'll fish our butts off then too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Affiliate Manager
    That's a nice snook. I was down in Charlotte harbor last month. We were on the water for 11 hours with nothing but lady fish but our trip was saved when we caught 6 reds on our last hole. You can imagine that turned our moods around pretty quick . I'll have to take you guys out with us on our next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Truly had a great time this season Alan, thanks!

Attached is pic of me, Alan and my last snook of the Hamiltons-are-in-Florida season (Alan's leaving his Florida winter home to return to Colorado).

I look forward to seeing you at events this year and to your Florida return come mid-winter next year - we'll fish our butts off then too!
    Oh yes, indeed we will XO!! It's been a great winter here, and we are now looking forward to returning to Colorado, our family, grandkids, our beautiful trout streams and those wonderful mountains. Also looking forward to putting together Ellen's and my entry into aff marketing together. We'll make it go... Thanks for the great times, laughs, and good conversations. We had a ball. C'ya in Miami and beyond.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread