International Flights
    Ok, booking an international flight has to be one of the biggest pains in the ass I've ever run across. No time soon, since I'm broke, but i'm looking to fly someone over from the UK eventually. I'm just trying to get a rough price for the round trip flight, but all the major airlines give me zip results for any date between now and July. I just get a "no flights are scheduled for your dates" message on them all.

Well, I know planes don't just fly back and forth once a month across the Atlantic.

How the hell do you check prices for freakin international flights?

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Are you trying the airlines individually or using a service like Travelocity that has listings from most major airlines? If the latter, you might want to try another service like Expedia. It's possible that you tried your searches smack dab in the middle of a "black hole" with the Sabre air travel database engine and it's not currently working.

I've gone to each airline individually, Delta, AA, etc.

I finally ran across Continental. Lord, I didn't want to see that price. May not see her for a while, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    ...i'm looking to fly someone over from the UK... I'm just trying to get a rough price for the round trip flight...
    With BA you can now fly roundtrip for around $698 (or 349) between London and Baltimore, L.A., Miami, NYC and DC. Details here.

I remember flying from London to JFK and back for something like $450 not too long ago. Search around.

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Nick Prussakov's Avatar
    Shawn, you might also want to check Virgin and Zoom out.

There's a huge price war going on ATM. This report shows the scale of it.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Try cfares, they charge a yearly membership but the cost savings will more than pay for it.

Thanks guys. I'm sure it'd be a lot cheaper flying her into NYC or something, but it's getting her from the UK and down here to Alabama that's jacking the price up. Which I can't afford it anyway, but I'd like to know.

ABW Ambassador
    check kayak.com skyscanner.net and also dont forget to check condor.com (they frequently do 99euro fares from germany to US/CA and with a 10euro fare you can fly from uk to germany easily) as well as LTU.com (both german airlines)

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    honestly, the web portals are not there yet when it comes to international flights. I used to fly international once every other year and the prices online are just crazy.

I would go down to a travel agent (B&M) and work a couple of stores. I travelled to asia in 2006 for like $1k, online portals started at 1.6k.

try this also, www.kayak.com (they pull many online portals) but do work the local travel agents.
    edit: I saw that KGP suggested kayak too. great ppl think alike. lol

all the best

You should check www.thomsonfly.com. They have very good deals in transatlantic flights. I've used them last autumn and was very satisfied.

Zoom has huge seats and great food Great staff, great experience overall! My favorite airline, seriously - and it's a charter/budget airline.

Quote Originally Posted by regimantas
    You should check www.thomsonfly.com. They have very good deals in transatlantic flights. I've used them last autumn and was very satisfied.
    Are you positive they fly to the U.S. of A.?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshie
    Zoom has huge seats and great food Great staff, great experience overall! My favorite airline, seriously - and it's a charter/budget airline.
    I've just searched Zoom's flights from London to NYC and you can get to the US from London for only 39.50, and back to London for as low as 64.50. With taxes, fees and fuel surcharges, it comes to a total of 257.75, which is around $500. Not bad at all!

Geno

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread