Hiya

I just came across a site which offers a book on how to market your site on the internet and earn money. This is the site.

http://www.amazingformula.com/

I am wondering is anyone has really bought this book and found it useful in anyway. Or are these kinds of books useless.

That's a book by Marlon Sanders, one of the more successful Internet marketing gurus on the Web. I have not purchased his products before but I know a good number of people I respect who praise him and the Amazing Formula highly.

The good ebooks are, IMHO, better than most print books on Internet marketing, with a couple of exceptions such as Dr. Ralph Wilson's print book. the web marketing ebook authors are on the cutting edge, practicing what the preach every day.

I learned a great deal from two ebooks in particular: Make Your Site Sell! 2002 by Ken Evoy, M.D. http://www.myss.sitesell.com and Your Path to Success by Bob McElwain http://www.webwinningways.com .

If you are an independent professional (the other hat I wear is that of a clinical psychologist, so this one was relevant to me), Robert Middleton's InfoGuru Marketing Manual and his free Marketing Plan Workbook are the best I've read on the subject (and I've read a few! :-) He's at ActionPlan.com

Please note that even though I am an affiliate for each of those three guys (and their affilaite programs are very good), these are not my affiliate links. I figure if you want to thank me for the recommendation that you'll contact me for my affiliate links. Otherwise, forums like ABestWeb are for helping each other, not blatant selling.

I hope this helps. Feel free to follow up with other questions. Finding quality ebooks in this area can be a challenge with all the hype and junk out there!

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark

drworthen@drworthen.com
    http://www.Make-Your-Own-Websites-Gu...-Directory.com

AjnabiZ,

Be aware that the vast majority of ebooks like the one you refer to are very highly tuned to the affiliate selling of affiliate selling products - it's a chase-your-tail incestuous world (been there, done that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]) that doesn't really help you with most dirt-world problems.

The Ken Evoy products are a refreshing change - they're much more about real-world affiliate marketing based mainly on content sites, though MYSS has stuff about malls etc too. There are several products in the range, supported by various free samples, email training courses etc. I'm an affiliate too, but I've personally purchased every one of their products.

MYSS 2002 is a good place to start - and excellent value for money. Good Luck!

Are you Crazy?

"forums like ABestWeb are for helping each other, not blatant selling"

Agree!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randex:
    "forums like ABestWeb are for helping each other, not blatant selling"

Agree!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who (if anyone) was that directed at?

Are you Crazy?

Any opinions on
    Martell's book on Affiliate Marketing?

I don't own all the Evoy products, but I have benefitted from the one I own plus the free email courses.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Thanks for your replies Mark and Crazyguy.

I did came across Make your site sell 2002.

i just got a book from the library, its from Deitel. The title is "Deitel - e-Business & e-Commerce for Managers".

I was thinkin as if anyone has any experience with this one.

Im still searching for more books.

Im planning on buying Make Your Site Sell! 2002.

Need some advice as should i go with this one.

Thanks

James Martell here.

Webmistress, here's a couple of unbiased reviews of my book "James Martell's Affiliate Marketers Handbook - 2002":

Phil Wiley:
    http://www.ozemedia.com/results/news...s/issue242.htm

Home Business Reviews:
    http://www.home-business-reviews.com...20Handbook.htm

Here's another I received by e-mail yesterday:

There's another person, also a Canadian, who has had spectacular affiliate success on the 'Net -- in just three short years. His approach is pretty much identical to Ken's. (I said we were all
    copying him.) But the way he explains how you can do it is quicker and clearer than Ken. And he has a free, 30 minute 'live' interview on his web site that is a small gold mine of ideas and pointers that will get you well down the road to making money as an affiliate. I strongly recommend you hear his free nterview, from:

http://www.netgain.co.nz/doit/affiliatewinner

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    James,
    Am I correct in assuming that you think content is king and sites designed as such should whether the search engine storms?
    What if you cannot write articles as well as others to build the content for the sites?
    Any suggestions for that?

Of all the things I've ever lost ... I miss my mind the most!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What if you cannot write articles as well as others to build the content for the sites?
    Any suggestions for that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you see just one of his sites you'll get your answer to that question fairly quickly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    justdoit-

When I started a western fiction site, I offered $20 story, and put out a call for authors.

I received just under 200 submissions in the first two months.

I read each one carefully, and chose the ones I wanted, and posted them to my site, and Elbow Creek was up and running ( www.elbowcreek.com ) .

Ten stories cost me $200, which might sound like a lot, until you stop and think that, actually, those stories will remain on my site for at least a year, and probably longer, since after 1 year the article 'remains on my site until the author requests it be removed - and almost every author wants their articles in print. I am sure I could have offered $10 per story and gotten a similar response, there just seems to be a lot of writers out there wanting to be published.

I'm sure the same thing can be done for any topic you have, whether it is for Computer related sites or Antiques, etc. www.freelancewriting.com has a place to post both paying and non-paying jobs, and there are other such sites scattered about the internet.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

I do believe in building content rich sites. And, because it does take a lot of extra work, therein lies the opportunity for you to distance yourself from your competition.

Personally, I have hired a number freelance writers who write articles for my sites.

You may consider running a small classifed ad in a local newspaper for junior writers. You're phone will ring off the hook with interest.

$10 for a 250-400 word article seems to be about the going rate.

"James Martell's Affiliate Marketers Handbook - 2002"

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread