Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Trick To Google Adsense
    There are many things that affect on how you make money with google adsene. For one the ads that are displayed on your web site is based off your content, and how you display heading tags, links and other html tags in your web site. Another thing you need to do is have a high volume traffic web site, especially through the search engines; which again comes down to having a focused and content/keyword filled web page or web site.

The most important part in making money with google adsense is making the ads not look like ads! This means you have to tweak each ad, so that ad blends into the overal view of your web page. Try using the same colors between your ads and the overall style of your web site. For instance if your web site concent is black, the links are blue, the background is red; then you should use a red background and border, black text, and blue links for your google ads. What this does is intergrate your ads into your web site, but they don't look like ad.(Peoople tend to avoid ads, also try not using 468X60 banners styles. And always test your web site with different ads, to find the optimal click through rate.)

So THAT'S the trick!!! Thanks bunches!
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

ooohh.. cool tricks you have here...

so thank you

This may be his 2nd post, but he's right...blend your ads with your pages and you'll get better CTRs.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    Google tells you that right on the site:

https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...y?answer=17957

The above is probably a setup for something later.

Aw, now, c'mon, folks. We always tell the newbies they gotta contribute to get any help around here.

So he's contributed.

So I've tried his tip myself, for something near a year now.

Heck, I average probably 60-cents a day in Adsense revenue on my sites.

Gary the Writerguy

(Oh, yeah, okay, he's probably setting us up to buy the latest/greatest adsense ebook. Got a ton of 'em already myself.

Talking
    I agree, we have had adsense on our sites for quite some time and we were lucky if we made $1 in a month. However, after using different techniques and options we have been seeing a huge increase in the revenue from Adsense.

Making ads look like content, using matching colors, enbeading the ads within text, using adlinks...All great things to try.

Pick up a book about google adsense it is worth the money. Minor changes that we could have made a year ago, were definitly worth the time spent.
    Best of luck!
    [CENTER]Laura Daniels
    [URL=http://www.estreetloans.com]Estreetloans.com[/URL]
    lauraddirectnet@yahoo.com
    203-393-3067[/CENTER]

Keep tweaking! I gotta say, my blog that I run adsense on doesn't get huge traffic, but I made over $120 this month. So it can be done...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

It may not be best Adsense practice, but I actually do the opposite; on my affiliate sites, I make it pretty clear that they're ads. I was never a journalist, but know enough of old-time journalism to want to keep ads and editorial content distinct.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

What is adsense?
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Google's contextual advertising program for web site publishers.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Thanks I had a blonde moment here I think
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Machesked!

I learned a lot of this a while back, but these are good fundamentals that you point out. A certain person on the internet had a lot of good tips (and an ebook) and I simply tracked down all the sites this particular person owned and looked at what he did with respect to Adsense.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Its a nice trick to place images near adsense ads. But as per Google guidelines the image should be separate from the ads. To separate ir, its must to put a border around the image.

Hot Zone
    Google also show you the most common hot zones on a web site. This doesn't mean that it is always correct, but it can put you in the right direction. I can't currently find the link, but it is in the help area somewhere. Another thing you need to do when creating a adsense web site is target your vistors. Right now I am going opposite of what I should be doing since my web site is about home theater electronics and satellite tv. But to find targeted keywords or a targeted web site, you can use these tools.
    http://www.spyfu.com/
    Google Suggest

Internet Cowboy
    Looks like to me.

not spam
    my last post is not spam, I'm not making anything off the links. You should click them before making a comment like that. Or at least view where they link to, and you will see one is going right to google. What is the point of being able use the link button, if we can't use the link button.

oh yeah you are missing out by not using spyfu.com since it only shows you what competitors keywords are, and what they pay for those keywords in google adwords.

thanks for the info.

ABW Ambassador
    What's an ad?

Looks like spam to me.
    "Web Scraper Plus" sounds like a pain in the log to me.

Post Adlinks?
    Has anyone here benefitted from using adlinks?

I read that book "The Adsense Code" ( Joel Comm) and it discussed using adlinks, almost as part of the navigational bar. However, I know with the adlinks people have to click twice in order to make any money.

He had suggested in the book to use a banner maybe a 728x90 and disguise it as part of the navigational bar.

I know that with the banner one click and I make money, however, I feel like it looks like a big ad that people would primarily avoid.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried using adlinks versus banners and which gave them more success?
    [CENTER]Laura Daniels
    [URL=http://www.estreetloans.com]Estreetloans.com[/URL]
    lauraddirectnet@yahoo.com
    203-393-3067[/CENTER]

Banners have always done better for me, and I don't disguise them either. Stay away from the tricks and focus on building readers.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Thumbs up All Good Info but keep focus...
    If you're building Adsense sites try and maintain and grow your Adesnse before venturing into other ad programs. Once you start seeing some cash from it, try another Adsense site rather than adding other ad programs. Then when you have a little real estate built up (2-3 sites) you'll have gained some valuable insight into what's working for you and you can try other ad programs without the pain of making the same mistakes over and over for each ad program.

Also, with regards to ad placement, I find that including your ads into the text as described above, works great, wrap your text around the ads. Also try using skyscrapers on the right hand side. The reason these two methods work is that most people read online text with their mouse and move from left to right. It provides a natural tendency to click on the right.

The Google heat map shows upper left, but that's when people are searching for specific info. When they're just reading the right works really well.

I hope this helps,

Neil

Focus on selling only one thing
    If you are trying to make money with adsense try only selling adsense on your web site. Quit trying to sell 50 other affiate products on your site, since all this does is lead your vistors to someone else's web site. At least when someone clicks on your google ads, you will make some money. Also if you want to make any money on any web site, you need targeted traffic and also be listed on a few search engines with targeted keyword phrases. That is the trick to making money off of any web site. Oh yeah people also have to be interested what your web site is about before they are going to ever visit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast